What's new

IAF needs 39 squadrons for 2-front war, has only 34'

Couple of days back ACM commented about Mig21's service till 2019 , and IAF is looking for engine upgrade of Mig27 and mostly will go for AL31F.

A few Bison SQDs will stick around until 2018-19, MIG-27s will be gone by 2017-18. The re-engining of the IAF's Mig-27s never happened as the IAF decided it would rather invest its resources elsewhere so the MIG-27s are on the last legs for sure.

Did you read the date on the source ???

yup i did and posted about links but there is point i would like to bring your notice ,

By 2020 HAL Korpat is going to manufacture 1000 AL31F/FP engines , number of engines is too high considering 270 mki's then why HAL planning to build 1000 engines.

@Sergi how many fighter aircrafts india will have by 2030 ? any plan ?

Last edited by a moderator:
The day India fights a two front war with China and Pakistan, the map of south Asia will change specially india.

yup..all of kashmir and half of pakistan's punjab will be shown inside Indian border then..hell of a change of map..

we need not only fighter jets,but electronic warfare jets as well..Hope we could turn some of our jets for EW purpose or induct some new one like Growler/Prowler..

Sir, the IAF will only be getting FGFA, not PAK-FAs.

That is some target! 400+ LCA!
I doubt that, there will be a mix of 200 Wso PMF/FGFA and I am guessing there will be atleast 50 to 60 odd single seat PakFA single seat fighters.

Absolutely a fully capable LCA mk2 needs to be around 400 +, 200 Mk2 and another 200 mk2+, and additional twin seat LCA mk2 as lead in fighter-trainer, and additional maritime strike version of Mk2 and mk2+ for the navy.
These numbers will let the Mki's and mirages do what they were intended to do. Every time we pull back a mki /m2k or Mig29 to patrol trombay high or BARC or jaisalmer, we loose essential offensive strike platforms, and if crap hits the fan, expect heat on both sides, trust me we will need all the platforms we have and +some!

@Sergi how many fighter aircrafts india will have by 2030 ? any plan ?
Firstly I am really glad that some Bangladeshi poster has quoted me for discussion and not to troll. Appreciated :tup:
Well buddy @sancho will be better person to answer this question.

But still think 50+ Suads will be over shot.
May be 45-48 Suads will be realistic figure.

Plus Indian Navy will have 10/12 Suads.

I doubt that, there will be a mix of 200 Wso PMF/FGFA and I am guessing there will be atleast 50 to 60 odd single seat PakFA single seat fighters.

Absolutely a fully capable LCA mk2 needs to be around 400 +, 200 Mk2 and another 200 mk2+, and additional twin seat LCA mk2 as lead in fighter-trainer, and additional maritime strike version of Mk2 and mk2+ for the navy.
These numbers will let the Mki's and mirages do what they were intended to do. Every time we pull back a mki /m2k or Mig29 to patrol trombay high or BARC or jaisalmer, we loose essential offensive strike platforms, and if crap hits the fan, expect heat on both sides, trust me we will need all the platforms we have and +some!
I agree the LCA needs to be present in the IAF in large numbers, and I hope this takes place.

However sir, I am going to have to say it looks certain that all the IAF's 5th gen (heavy) fighters will be single seat FGFAs. The idea of having a twin seat FGFA seems to be dead and thus there is zero need for the Russian-specific PAK-FA when the IAF is getting the "Indianised/MKIsed" version of the PAK-FA/T-50 the FGFA (also single seat).

@sancho may be able to add some info.

Can you backup your claims on Mig-27s & Mig-21s ???

27s will be palced in active reserves from 2015 and will be out by 2017. Serious problem with engine .
Only Bision variant will remain till 2017. Not beyond that.

I did not know about the engine problems, I am actually a very big fan of R-29B-300 engine. Could you give me some link to this, this could be interesting!

Back
Top Bottom