What's new

IAF lost 29 fighter planes in past 3 years,Antony says

I am in agreement with @axisofevil .
You have to realize that most of top people in power are the most heinous and corrupt this country can produce then it is going to have trickle down effects, that is by the virtue of controlling the system they have the power to infect other people with their 'qualities' , in this case corruption and cronyism.

India has been free for 66 years, of that, 60 years has been ruled by Congress!
So it is NOT an exaggeration to blame CONGRESS for all the evils in this country. The only greater evil then the Congress can be the people who have voted this force of evil to power.

Last edited by a moderator:
@janon:
The point being that even if the LCA does not have any A2A capability (which isn't true), they can still replace several squadrons of mig 27s in the IAF, and do a much better job than the ancient mig 27s.
- nobody has claimed anything about the current a2a capability of LCA. So I assume Not achieved yet unless you want to prove me wrong. Our PSUs are unnecessarily vocal so I don't think they will hide something like that when they generally talk about Mark-3

I didn't offer any such quick-fix solutions. The entire thrust of my argument has been that the IAF's woes are complicated, and that there are no ready made solutions available. I did not say "replace all 21s and 27s with LCA and all would be well. I just mentioned the LCA as one of them examples where IAF's attitude has been questionable.
- I agreed to that except last part. IAF in 90s and 80s hasn't options. IAF in 2013 has many options. So they go for better things.
Unless you want to point out IAF buy some unworthy "Videshi maal" .

The point - again - being that there were several things that the IAF could have done to avoid the scenario it faces today, and none of them were political in nature.

So what is this magic order that any PM could have made, that ensured that our crash rates would be better? You yourself say, rightly, that the IAF cannot suddenly replace all its migs today. It could have retired many of the oldest jets by now if a lot better planning was done, some of which I speculated earlier, which you called "could haves" and "would haves". But it was always IAF's decisions or plans to make, it wasn't the case that a strong PM could have made IAF do any of that. A PM wouldn't know how to plan for the IAF's future either. -

so you think PM actually takes decisions n their own :D babus are there to feed him. You didn't read my first post. IAF take such decisions cause gift let them take those. It's not that govt can't , they just don't interfare with service unnecessarily

Intact right now India could use few people capable of fast decision making power and good management skills. Our saint Antony STOPPED the negotiations with Dassault till inquiry was over just for his image sake.

Again, that is institutional, not political. It is the bureaucracy that creates such time delays for acquisitions, and not the minister at the top. Two bureaucracies - one in the MoD, and before that, one in the armed forces itself. An institutional change would be required to rectify that.
As far as I know the enquiry was ordered by Saint after some insane MP who blame misconduct. So inquiry was ordered to prove him wrong. And the negotiations were STOPED till it finish. So capable and sane leader would have settled this 3/4 month long enquiry in the house itself just by asking that Reddy guy about the claims and their meaning. He would have posies in his pants while explaining how he come to conclusion.

My point about some people superficially claiming that "Elect XYZ and all will be well" was obviously not about you. I clearly said "some people" generically and did not address that to you. It was meant as a continuation of the conversation in the thread.

Even I support Modi but at no point I said he can do magic. But I am still sure he can take policy decision much faster and correctly.
out if context: DM ordered MOD babus to check the possibly of China being angry by prospered mountain corps :D like we are going on invasion or something :D AFAIK that inquiry cost us few months too ;)

I remember on many occasions the discussion ended on the conclusion that India has the capability but lacks a strong political will to do so :D contrast :D

Last edited by a moderator:
If Modi was PM, none of the mig 21s would crash. They would all stay up in the air through sheer will power. If any mig 21 has an engine failure, Modi would personally rush to the spot and patriotically catch it in his arms, saving the lives of our pilots. Shame on India for not electing Modi for PM - that is all that is needed to solve everything wrong in the country, from corruption to lack of engineering expertise. If modi is elected, HAL would be producing 6th gen fighters that can fly circles around the F-22. Cochin shipyard would be churning out Ohio or Virginia class SSBNs with ease. USA and France would be begging India to sell them ultra high speed railcars and fifth gen nuclear power plants. IBM and Intel would be knocking on C-DAC's doors for cutting edge semiconducter technologies and quantum computers. Nobody would ever rape anybody ever again, and our cities would be safer than Singapore.

All the ills in the country are because we elected the wrong party. Pressing the right button on election day will magically solve every issue in the country. Simple solutions for simple minded people.

On topic: Keeping the mig 21s flying is the IAF's choice. It is not like the IAF has begged the defence ministry or Sonia Gandhi for newer planes, but been denied. To keep flying mig 21s and mig 27s when the LCA is available, not spending its resources wisely are all faults of the IAF. The elected govt or the congress party has no say in this, and neither would Modi or the BJP, if they were in power. Please understand how various institutions in the country work, and who is accountable to who, before going on a rant about your favorite political party or persona. Some issues are political - but most are not.

Brilliantly put mate .... brilliant!!!!!!

the article said 4 su 30 in last 3 years what are you smoking indian Foxhound

'thank you come again":cheers:

You don't count the number of crashes since first crash...You count the crashes since the time that platform is serving your Airforce and Su30 is serving IAF since 1996...So 4 crashes in 16 years is not a bad record....

*Thanks but No Thanks Now pls don't come again....

You don't count the number of crashes since first crash...You count the crashes since the time that platform is serving your Airforce and Su30 is serving IAF since 1996...So 4 crashes in 16 years is not a bad record....

*Thanks but No Thanks Now pls don't come again....

THE GUY SAID YOUR DEFENSE MINISTER WHICH OBVIOUSLY KNOWS MORE ABOUT EQUIPMENT INVENTORY THEN SOME INTERNET FAN BOY,THAT IN LAST 3 YEARS its 4 SU 30 so what ever floats your boat kid i am out please dont quote / mention / pm me about this or please dont right my name in the next comment

"Thank you come again":cheers:

I think tejas is being delayed because they want to achive supercruise mach 1.2 like the Gripen NG which uses the same american engine that the Tejas is using, Souce of GRipen NG supercruise is wikiepedia

thank you come again:cheers:
They want a super replacement for Mig21s not just a normal interceptor/fighter .

They want a super replacement for Mig21s not just a normal interceptor/fighter .
Its understandable that they would want supercruise becasue the same engine Produces supercruise in GRIPEN NG, but the thing is the design factor other then that The LCA looks on Point even if it does not get supercruise you can only use super cruise for about 50kms or so F22 can use it for 75-100 km and then runs out of FUel and that range is on a full tank

"thank you come Again":cheers:

It's not just the Mig21's which are falling from the sky. No plane is a flying coffin by default. MIG21 is one of the most manufactured and sold airpalne in the world. No where else would you see such an alarming number of crashes associated wioth this plane. Four SU30MKI's and Eight Mig27's also crashed, an untrained pilot can make any plane a flying coffin.

Feel sad for the families of the victims. It is time to ground the Flying coffins(Mig-21s). IAF has enough planes to defend its borders until they can get replacements for the Mig-21s.

Salute to the brave pilots who still dare to fly these coffins. Very Dabang of them.

Peace.

It's not just the Mig21's which are falling from the sky. No plane is a flying coffin by default. MIG21 is one of the most manufactured and sold airpalne in the world. No where else would you see such an alarming number of crashes associated wioth this plane. Four SU30MKI's and Eight Mig27's also crashed, an untrained pilot can make any plane a flying coffin.

The 4 Sukhois crashed for reasons like problems with the fly by wire system or foreign objects in the engines. The investigation for the crash of last month is still ongoing. The SU 30s are only flown by experienced pilots.
The Mig 21s (except of the upgraded ones) have exceeded their lifetime. Furthermore the IAF used them with very young and inexperienced pilots.

Furthermore engine troubles were also responsible for the crashes.

Back
Top Bottom