What's new

IAF looks to replace crashed Mirage fighter jets

Thats a good move by IAF....Trainer versions are very important for that particular platforms!.And guys do anybody have any updates on mig-27 upgrades....?

Thats a good move by IAF....Trainer versions are very important for that particular platforms!.And guys do anybody have any updates on mig-27 upgrades....?

I think the IAF has given up on this and will just get more Rafales,MKIs,FGFA etc and the Jaguars are getting upgraded to take the role as the sole strike a/c of the IAF.

I think the IAF has given up on this and will just get more Rafales,MKIs,FGFA etc and the Jaguars are getting upgraded to take the role as the sole strike a/c of the IAF.

But those upgrades where done indigeniously with Indigenious products...!Atleast for the sake of technical experiments they shouldn leave this upgrades..

But those upgrades where done indigeniously with Indigenious products...!Atleast for the sake of technical experiments they shouldn leave this upgrades..

Given the age of the airframes and their questionalbe relability it just isn't worth the expense to be honest. In the age of modern 4.5++ fighters the Mig-27s are well past their sell by date and with serious questions around their relaibiility exisiting they need to go.

It will be only 2 trainers and I dont see any reason to go for more Mirages. Even if they decide, it wont happen in few months. First price issue will take time and then checking the a/c for its worthiness and so on..By that time I am sure IAF will be very close to get initial MMRC lot.

Lets bail out Greece by buying there Mirage.

Yeah! 60 more Mirages and Taiwan also wants to sell you their remaining birds. If not wrong then IAF loves Mirages as they are more reliable.
Far better for Egypt, UAE and Qatar is to sell their Mirages to Peru and Brazil who also wants them and they can sell them quickly as well.

Qatar has no intention to go for cheap aircraft, they only want American/European fighters, regardless
even if the Eastern counterparts are better or not.

Egypt is only keen on more F-16s that they already operate, the pro-US ME countries are not gonna
buy any Chinese/Russian jets, cuz US won't allow that.

Man INSHA ALLAH by the Grace of Almighty ALLAH for just the peace of the region we will going to see that QATAR, BAHRAIN and KUWAIT will going to join in with the Saudi Arabia and then they might need to have sold these fighters and have some EF-2000s, F-15SA and JV on TXF. Ameen.:pakistan:

Yeah! 60 more Mirages and Taiwan also wants to sell you their remaining birds. If not wrong then IAF loves Mirages as they are more reliable.
Far better for Egypt, UAE and Qatar is to sell their Mirages to Peru and Brazil who also wants them and they can sell them quickly as well.

Man INSHA ALLAH by the Grace of Almighty ALLAH for just the peace of the region we will going to see that QATAR, BAHRAIN and KUWAIT will going to join in with the Saudi Arabia and then they might need to have sold these fighters and have some EF-2000s, F-15SA and JV on TXF. Ameen.:pakistan:

aye....good birds those.
hope they sell us all their mirages

Yeah! They can.
UAE:68
Qatar:12
Egypt:18

So a total of 98 are available that can give a decent power to an Air Force, whether Peru, Brazil or even Taiwan who is not much happy with US over F-16 deals.

Thanks for the figures, man. The iaf loves the mirage coz of its supreme reliability, and very high sortie rate. A friend of mine flies mirages at gwalior. Converted from mig 21s and mig 29s. Says its a wonderful aircraft.

With the indegenous aesa we have coming up, for lca, (the unites being completely modular), we can upgrade the radar/bvr capabilities in house.

From what my iaf sources tell, they're working on reducing the time take to refuel, the aircraft, and re-equip ,the aircraft, and basically get it back to barcap twice as fast. this translates to more planes in the air at a given time.

Thanks for the figures, man. The iaf loves the mirage coz of its supreme reliability, and very high sortie rate. A friend of mine flies mirages at gwalior. Converted from mig 21s and mig 29s. Says its a wonderful aircraft.

With the indegenous aesa we have coming up, for lca, (the unites being completely modular), we can upgrade the radar/bvr capabilities in house.

From what my iaf sources tell, they're working on reducing the time take to refuel, the aircraft, and re-equip ,the aircraft, and basically get it back to barcap twice as fast. this translates to more planes in the air at a given time.

Due to such reasons any MIND can think that IAF will going to buy many of these 2nd hand ones from any country. Like if we supposed that Egypt:18, Qatar:12 and UAE:68 have been given off to Peru and Brazil in very near future then they still have an option of Greece and Taiwan's along with ex-French ones even they can go for 50-60++ of them.

Due to such reasons any MIND can think that IAF will going to buy many of these 2nd hand ones from any country. Like if we supposed that Egypt:18, Qatar:12 and UAE:68 have been given off to Peru and Brazil in very near future then they still have an option of Greece and Taiwan's along with ex-French ones even they can go for 50-60++ of them.

Not going to happen, IAF wanted 2nd hand Mirage between MRCA and MMRCA competitions, but that didn't worked out because of the high costs. Today, with LCA and Rafale coming in soon, there is no point in waiting and paying high costs for 2nd hand fighters. As we already stated, this is only about adding more trainers, not adding more fighters in general!

^Sancho is absolutely right. The possibilty of addtional M2ks was what evetually transformed in to the MRCA and then the MMRCA. If the IAF wanted they could get addtaional M2ks from Greece,Taiwan,France etc but there is little point. The IAF has already stated on the record the M2ks will be reitred in 15-20 years so there is no point in adding to the fleet especially at a time when the IAF is making long-term/next-gen plans and inducting the most modern fighters in the world (Super MKIs/FGFA/Rafale). It is counter-intuative, the IAF isn't a second-rate AF living hand to mouth anymore it is planning for the future and doesn't need interim measures.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom