What's new

Featured IAF Leh Airbase in Ladakh ,How Key is it for India and its Vulnerabilities

FOOLS_NIGHTMARE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Leh Airbase is a military airbase in the capital of Ladakh. It is the 23rd Highest AB in the world at 3,256 m (10,682 ft) above Sea level. Due to the presence of mountain winds in the afternoon, all flight operations in the past have been taking off and landing in the morning, since the current standoff successful night operations have been conducted as well. The approach is challenging as it is unidirectional and has high terrain towards the eastern end of the AB. The security is tight with IA patrols.
DSCN0707.JPG

KEY ROLES OF LEH AB
In the current Indo China standoff this base has become the hub of Indian military activities. The base now houses all the Major Fighter Jets,Air transporters and attack helicopters of the IAF and IA. It is also well protected with the state of art ADS.
a)SUPPLYING FORWARD POSITIONS
The C17s and Chinooks operating here provide the forward troops with supplies and hardware including tanks and artillery pieces.

b)AIR DEFENCE ROLES
Su30MKI, Tejas, Mig29s and Mirage 2000s have been seen operating here day and night.

c)CLOSE GROUND SUPPORT
Most of indias Apache fleet has been deployed here, again carrying out day and night manoeuvres.
https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...ions-near-china-border/videoshow/76832932.cms

VULNERABILITIES
Hidden amidst the mountain ranges Leh AB does provide challenges to the intruders. But like other military installations it is not impregnable. Long range artillery shells, MRLS, CMs, Glide bombs or ballistic missiles can create delays in its operations. There are some months in the year when very strong winds make it unsafe for regular operations. As some Indian Analysts and think tanks predict ,August to September may be the GOLDEN opportunity for the PLA to raid Eastern Ladakh as they once did in 1962!:pakistan::china:

Last edited:
Am pretty sure it will be H, Q, D stuff as usual and as always...
And you're not using Buk and S-300??? their H, Q, D based on Russian as well as western tech (HQ-9 utilized tech from both S-300/Patriot) HQ-16 is based on Buk, why you think that only your buk and S-300 would work, and HQ-9/HQ-16 wont work:hitwall::hitwall::crazy::crazy::crazy:

India is fully doomed.

1) We cant carry artillery - they will be targeted.
2) We use Fishing Boats against invincible Chinese boats.
3) Our tanks only work in Rajasthan.
4) Our SU-30 Israeli jammers also jams the radar of the MKI it's attached to
5) We cant operate from Ladak
6) Tejas still needs a TATA truck

These PDF Analysts have plunged me into deep depression.

FYI they were very serious when describing how India is totally helpless in the oncoming onslaught. If anybody is interested, I can point you to these threads. They are real not made up :)

Leh airbase also a feeder for few small runways to Tibetan border, lots of strategic assets will find home there in future and whatever we have now who knows permanent base for S-400 and Rafale combo...

Baraks and Spyders already finding work there with Akash...
29, MKI and M2K holidaying there...

And you're not using Buk and S-300??? their H, Q, D based on Russian as well as western tech (HQ-9 utilized tech from both S-300/Patriot) HQ-16 is based on Buk, why you think that only your buk and S-300 would work, and HQ-9/HQ-16 wont work:hitwall::hitwall::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Maybe because we have better photocopiers? We use Xerox.

India is fully doomed.

FYI they were very serious when describing how India is totally helpless in the oncoming onslaught. If anybody is interested, I can point you to these threads. They are real not made up :)

And they come at you, not in ones or twos, not in dozens, but like Mongolian hordes.

The fun part will be re-reading them in six months. Of course, any outright challenges to those who posted will be met with bland deflections.

India is fully doomed.

Well done with this post.

But let me give you a pro-tip: don't deflate the build up at the end and ruin the joke somewhat heh...that stuff if fully implied already and redundant to have as qualifier.

Keep it fully serious to the end, if you ended it at the "These PDF analysts" line, it would have been perfect heh.

You have to own the approach fully all the way, commit to it.....best comedians are naturals at it.

Guys I think seeing the might of Indian military build up in ladakh and subsequent Chinease withdrawl had some pdf members in real frustration. They are coming up with so much nonsense its comical

But the sight of ladakh logistical air base with c17 parked in line mki and apache roaring thru the sky's makes my eyes water

Well done India

Can't wait for Rafale and s400 to arrive now

Guys I think seeing the might of Indian military build up in ladakh and subsequent Chinease withdrawl had some pdf members in real frustration. They are coming up with so much nonsense its comical

But the sight of ladakh logistical air base with c17 parked in line mki and apache roaring thru the sky's makes my eyes water

Well done India

Can't wait for Rafale and s400 to arrive now

Rafale and s400... are no gamechanger as projected... by the time they are OPERATIONAL, we might see that this conflict is over...

But yes Pakistanis are still hoping for Indo-China war... and are disappointed as of now... so...

By the way, just bcos of ban on tic toc... the company will lose 6B USD... and people across the border are SHOCKED after looking at that figure... Loan and business are 2 different things... just like loan and investment... ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom