What's new

IAF grappling with free fall in fighters, will have to fly upgraded MiG-21s

hmmm..............

they will not accept tejas till MMRCA deal is signed.

1. if they go for tejas before that , the pressure to buy new planes will be reduced.
2. If they dont , then there is a mig 21 going down in every few months and these IAF chiefs can stress the need for MMRCA and urgency.

Is it easy to get $20 billion without any pressure ?

they will not accept tejas till MMRCA deal is signed.

1. if they go for tejas before that , the pressure to buy new planes will be reduced.
2. If they dont , then there is a mig 21 going down in every few months and these IAF chiefs can stress the need for MMRCA and urgency.

Is it easy to get $20 billion without any pressure ?

Question of accepting Tejas doesn't come until it's ready for induction !

Does HAL have 2 squadrons of Tejas in ready to fly condition at present ?

answer is - No .

It's true that LCA got delayed due to frequent change in specifications demanded by IAF .

Well old habits die hard !

Is it new news that our agencies keep changing specifications ?

anyway IAF shouldn't be blamed for delay in LCA wholly !

I do not think IAF will compromise its operational strength just to get MMRCA done .

I HATE TO SAY I TOLD YOU SO.

MMRCA will not be signed in india,s current financial plight.

I too hope we stick with LCA1 & MK2 and forget the rafale

its too late

Perhaps a quickfix/ supplement buy of Mig-35's may not be a bad idea??

Guys, Simplest solution is to order Mig 35 for Rs 150Cr each. It is a very good plane for such a low price. They offers AESA also. Russia had offered a technology to make plane highly agile if India orders Mig 35. It will be a nightmare for enemy if they face mig 35. Order at least 3 squadrons. They are cheaper than Mirage upgrades.
++1
If IAF doesnt want a new fighter, then it can always go for MiG-29s second hand from malaysia. They would come dirt cheap. Perfect stop gap for a decade.
They have a Tejas in hand NOW that is superior to the mig-21 in every single parameter
Not every single parameter. LCA's G is currently limited to 6Gs only. Dunno if they have increased it. Also the Angle of Attack is just 22 degrees. And also the Speed Mach 1.6. And ofcourse the cost 40 million lowest estimate. MiG-21's is 8.5Gs, 26~28 degrees, Mach 2.1, less than 10 million in todays inflation rate.

The Problem is not IAF is not taking indigenous products, we currently do not have a product to induct! the first 40 fighters are only for training/acclimatization and they will not see combat duty due to thrust issues.
The problem is not thrust. It has only slightly lesser Thrust to weight ratio than the Mirage-2000H and more thrust to weight ratio than the JF-17. The problems are related to.. read the above para. IAF would not want a half baked product.

A Question:

Considering MODI's inclination to produce defense equipment by India on its own, is MODI likely to take money from MMRCA and give it to MCA and LCA2 development? If this is the case, the better chance for India would be to sign the deal before present Government expires its tenure.

What is expected developed time-frame for MCA?

India should worry more about domestic cultural and economic issues instead of worrying about the amount of weapons it have. Maybe their incompetence in even buying weapons would force India to be more peaceful to its neighbors.

What I'm I thinking there, its the belligerent second hand imperialist India we are talking about.

A Question:

Considering MODI's inclination to produce defense equipment by India on its own, is MODI likely to take money from MMRCA and give it to MCA and LCA2 development? If this is the case, the better chance for India would be to sign the deal before present Government expires its tenure.

What is expected developed time-frame for MCA?
IAF don't wanna buy indegenous products, it's kind of wasting tax payers' money. In China, goverment makes the final decision.

India should worry more about domestic cultural and economic issues instead of worrying about the amount of weapons it have. Maybe their incompetence in even buying weapons would force India to be more peaceful to its neighbors.

What I'm I thinking there, its the belligerent second hand imperialist India we are talking about.

Typical troll....:blah:

Maybe you should be worried about China bullying Taiwan.Indian defence is none of your business.

Typical troll....:blah:

Maybe you should be worried about China bullying Taiwan.Indian defence is none of your business.

it may or may not be my business. But whether it is or not is none of your business.

But as a member here, I have my rights to my comment. That is what make this forum what it is. A place of free speech.

Why dont you stop your indigenous defence programs then?

If India plans to cancel the Rafale purchase and stop inducting MKI, than LCA would be utmost important. Otherwise, why would invest in LCA for 30 years and then buy only 24 planes be such a good idea? Do you have much common sense.

It's will be a tragedy HAl produce stuffs that IAF doesn't even wanna take a glance at.

It's will be a tragedy HAl produce stuffs that IAF doesn't even wanna take a glance at.

HAL produces Su 30 MKI that is IAFs frontline fighter.It did induct many of HALs indigenously developed fighters/trainers back in 60s-70s.

And it has already inducted Dhruv delicopter,and is intrested in Light Combat Helicopter & sitara IJT.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom