What's new

IAF gets feel of latest Pak fighter aircraft

i heard that Israelis have already told enough abt f-16's

Learning to ride different horse never means that the rider learned all the same skill level of learnings that any expert have.

BB,

When did this happen ? Never knew of any excercise with Su30MKK ?

I read that in papres.....Mig-29' were evaluated in mid 90's and then in early 2000's.

Dont know abt SU-30, but ofcourse learning access is available ......:china: (hmmah lov u China)

@penumbra,

1. F16IN is Blk 60 .. Certainly better thatn Blk 52.

F-16 Blk 60 only have edge

Radar AN/APG-80 AESA
CFT's
F110-132A engine
Advanced all-color glass cockpit.
Helmet-mounted cueing system.

There is nothing which makes it superioir except a radar range

2. The F16 IN has AESA , dont be stupid to say thet Blk 52 has better radar.
Ultimately ...the imapct will only be radar range.
3. how on earth u got the figure of 90+ F16s when you are yet to recieve the 18 a/s ordered years back.?

They all r coming this year ;)

4. India wont buy F16... We dont want any old plane designs which dont fit in IAFs offensive and two front doctrine.

Better compare F16s with SH, Rafale or Typhoon which are the primary contendors.

Ohh..........F-16 is an old plane :D

We have seen Pilots of PAF in 1971 and Also in 1999......

in 1971.... You know what happen to PAF Right?

and In 1999 PAF was afraid to counter IAF even after we shoot down your Plane with Mig -21:lol::lol:

So we know how much your Pilots are capable ok:hitwall::hitwall:

We shot down ur 2 jets without using our airforce :yahoo:

Nachiketa.jpg

He was captures and ur coward government refused to take him back :p

Sqn-Ldr-Ahuja.jpg
He was killed :P

PAF role was to stay in LOC.
Did u drop any PAF AC....
Na never :p

Its very important to know the weakness of your enemy but its even more important to know their strengths.
I hope more such experiences of handling enemy aircraft will help I.A.F. to draw strategies keeping in mind both their strengths and weaknesses.

I am really getting confused now.

Block 52 is what Pakistan is getting.

Block 60 is what UAE has (or is getting).

India is being offered Block 70 (also called Super Viper) and not Block 60.

Block 70 does not exist as of now, LM will make it only it wins the MMRCA.

Am I right or have I goofed up? I did searches on Google and found that Super Viper is being called as Block 70 and not Block 60.

Whats is the major difference between Block 60 and 70?

I am really getting confused now.

Block 52 is what Pakistan is getting.

Block 60 is what UAE has (or is getting).

India is being offered Block 70 (also called Super Viper) and not Block 60.

Block 70 does not exist as of now, LM will make it only it wins the MMRCA.

Am I right or have I goofed up? I did searches on Google and found that Super Viper is being called as Block 70 and not Block 60.

Whats is the major difference between Block 60 and 70?

Block 70 AKA Super viper(F-16IN)

Is there any major difference between Blk 60 and 70?

Although details of the F-16C Block 70 upgrade are yet to be revealed one may well expect it to include –– Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar capable of interleaving air-to-air, air-to-ground and terrain following modes, providing high resolution Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) ground imaging and capable of automatic terrain following; Infra-Red (IR) detection kit and a formidable Electronic Warfare (EW) suite. The “package” may include an impressive array of US air-to-air and air-to-ground weaponry and the incorporation of “aerodynamic” aluminium Conformal Fuel Tanks (CFT) that “blend” nicely with the upper fuselage, which will ensure long-range and endurance with unaffected aerodynamic performance.

WHAT

Nachiketa.jpg

Sqn-Ldr-Ahuja.jpg

Who won the war.....the bottom line is India won...and whatever casualties happened are a fallout of the war.....but all that matters that India won the war. And rest all is a face saving exercise....and that can be endless.

If you quote IAF activities in 1971 on East Pakistan front as a victory than your airforce is the worst one in the world.

In 1971 their was only one squadron of Sabres based in East Pakistan totalling 16 fighters. These fighters faced the best the Indians had including Mig-21, Su-7, Hunters, Gnats and HF-24 Maruts. The number of Indian fighters opposing them were around 200. They survived till the end and you were not able to destroy all the fighters. In the later part of the conflict they were unable to fight because of runway damage. 11 of the 16 Sabres survived and were destroyed by PAF so that these can not be captured by the Indians.

PAF lost 5 fighters to IAF and ground defenses while IAF lost 16 fighters.

If PAF had that opportunity we would have eliminated your base in first 24 hours rest assured.

Stop quoting a success that in it self was a defeat for your airforce.
If Pakistan kept only 16 aircrafts then it is Indias fault???The enemy will always hit where it hurts the most.If what you are saying is indeed true then it shows that Pakistan never considered Bangladesh an important region.No country will depoly only 16 aircrafts to protect an important territory. Moreover please provide credible links which state that 16 aircrafts opposed 200.

Nachiketa.jpg

Sqn-Ldr-Ahuja.jpg

For ur info the mig-27 pilot had ejected after an engine flameout and his aircraft was not shot down by Pakistani soilders.The second aircraft came low to locate the grounded comrade and was hit by a stinger.

F-16 Blk 60 only have edge

Radar AN/APG-80 AESA
CFT's
F110-132A engine
Advanced all-color glass cockpit.
Helmet-mounted cueing system.

There is nothing which makes it superioir except a radar range

what more do u want in an upgraded aircraft !!!!!!!!????????????

I think u people have heard about IAFs new 42 Su-30MKI(2 Su-30MKI for the 2 crashes) deal that have been made with russia. now they are going to reach a level of about 270 Su-30MKI along with other aircraft. But i would like to comment on one thing that they should do the right thing like,
During the years when they are buying Su-30MKIs like in 2004 they must palce some other orders like:
1.Instead of 230 Su-30MKI they should go for 300 Su-30MKI(+10 Su-30MKIas attrition reserves).
2.Other than 40 Mirage-2000s they should have gone for another 60 Mirage-2000-5/-9 with upgradation of older ones to same level.
3.65-68 MiG-29s they must placed an order for another 45-42 MiG-35s and the upgradation for older ones to same level.
4. They must have given there Jaguar IS-IM-IB an upgrade with French help to gain the same level as Mirage-2000s.
5.They must have finalized at least in 2010 for the MMRCA deal and to go for atleast 200 MMRCAs (with some reserve aircraft).

Nachiketa.jpg

Sqn-Ldr-Ahuja.jpg

Hey dude i think you forgate that your Coward government not accept bodies of your soldiers in Kargil War ????? :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom