What's new

IAF Chief Flies Sortie in F-15 Fighter Jet in Israel, Discusses Military Ties With Counterpart

BS, a Pakistani pilot flying for the RJAF shot down an Israeli Dassault Mystere.
PAF had nothing to do with it.. 🤓

If PAF taken on the Israeli air force today... RIP PAF...

dont bet on that...

remember the very same ANALyst claim the same would happen just before 27 Feb 2019
hours of stick time PAF pilots get each year and if it’s even comparable to wealthier nations such as Israel

according to Janes defense 220+ hours a year

strategic investments in emerging technologies and concepts if this is indeed in the PAF roadmap then all good the future is bright.

what makes you think PAF doesnt do that?..

Indians got all excited on 27 Feb and realised PAF was ahead in situational awarness, ECM, ECCM, jamming etc

the funny bit is India Today covered this aspect of PAF capability in a special article way back in 1995!.. point is PAF is much in touch with latest tech and knowhow then people think

PAF pilots training RAF and Turk AF pilots right now for NATO standards tells me all I need to know about the calibre of our human material.

The IAF is also based on British model
The starting point of IAF was British no doubt but Indians tilted towards Soviets for supply of equipment and resulting training regime in Cold War. Bureaucracy also creeped in at some point as WE can see how controversial, subjective and slow Indian equipment induction processes are in current times. So I was looking at this theme from how things are in the present.

As for the pilots, it depends upon which Indian squadron WE are considering and the level of familiarity of its pilots with jet fighters in use. If an Indian pilot is well-trained in use of Rafale jet fighter for example - he can produce results with it.

Organizational culture of professionalism and excellence? Indian IAF have much to do in this area.

Terming Indian Air force as Clumsy and incompetent??? Perhaps the most incompetent forces may be of USA's because they have lost Vietnam, Afghan war and who know how many more??

If was IAF that incompetent, India would have lost those many wars it fought with its adversaries.. Yes we lot 1962 and we admit that.. But IAF performed well in other wars and OBJECTIVE was achieved..

Dear Pakistani members, please do not respond to this post of mine..
USAF have demonstrated excellent performance in every war fought. They humbled both Soviets and Chinese in direct aerial clashes over Korea as far back as in 1950s. Their sortie-to-loss ratio is very low in Vietnam War as well.

How a war may pan out on the ground is another story - some regions of the world are proving to be virtually impractical (or very expensive) to reform on the ground due to local mindsets in modern times. The alternative is to be extremely brutal by resorting to 'strategic bombing' and/or creating 'concentration camps' which defeat the purpose of reforming a region and would be a 'mass massacre' instead.

Do check results of USAF in Operation Inherent Resolve (versus ISIS in the Middle East); this is role model COIN case study for interested parties.

Terming Indian Air force as Clumsy and incompetent???

Years ago I read a West Point report on the employment of air power in Kargil war. That was my first insight into the IAF. Events of February 2019 have only reinforced my point of view. My opinion is founded on a study of battle and discussion with people that have first hand knowledge. For me a spade is a spade..
what makes you think PAF doesnt do that?..

did I say that? I am not privy to the PAF's plans. I was hoping someone like @Windjammer or @Raider 21 can enlighten us.

Years ago I read a West Point report on the employment of air power in Kargil war. That was my first insight into the IAF. Events of February 2019 have only reinforced my point of view. My opinion is founded on a study of battle and discussion with people that have first hand knowledge. For me a spade is a spade..
An American pilot had this to say about Pakistani Pilots
"
I flew BFM against a variety of dissimilar aircraft as a Tomcat pilot. During a memorable week off the coast of Pakistan we flew a number of BFM and BVR sorties against the Pakistani Air Force. I still have some spectacular HUD footage from engagements against MiG-21s (J-7s).

I remember being amazed at the lack of proficiency and proper weapons employment from their F-16 pilots.
"

Now if we relate what he said to how many AMRAAMs they fired and how the IAF pilots could easily dodge them since they were fired from the distances they were, "lack of proficiency and proper weapons employment" was on full display.

Everybody can have an opinion. You have your's. We have our's.

I am totally against state of Israel but I have to say i met Israelis they treat me like yo bro compared to these lebanese , egyptians, palestinians ****andus ***anjars
Because Israeli got no issue with Pakistan. Pakistan chose to make an enemy out of them because of Palestinians. Palestinians are another form of Afghanis.

Exactly, glad we're on the same page. Also, if one Tomcat driver critiques PAF for lack of BVR proficiency then it's understandable since the PAF did not have BVR capability at the time.

Here is an example of the application of knowledge to information resulting in a more informed opinion. As opposed to a forming a biased opinion on one sound nugget from a F-14 pilot.

Also, if one Tomcat driver critiques PAF for lack of BVR proficiency then it's understandable since the PAF did not have BVR capability at the time.

He never spoke specifically about BVR proficiency but seems to point o weapon employment. He may be "one Tomcat driver" but to specifically pick on PAF pilots and then talk about their proficiency is probably something beyond mundane. The way I see it.

Here is an example of the application of knowledge to information resulting in a more informed opinion. As opposed to a forming a biased opinion on one sound nugget from a F-14 pilot.
I hope you measure up the same standards for other members here.

USAF have demonstrated excellent performance in every war fought. They humbled both Soviets and Chinese in direct aerial clashes over Korea as far back as in 1950s. Their sortie-to-loss ratio is very low in Vietnam War as well.

How a war may pan out on the ground is another story - some regions of the world are proving to be virtually impractical (or very expensive) to reform on the ground due to local mindsets in modern times. The alternative is to be extremely brutal by resorting to 'strategic bombing' and/or creating 'concentration camps' which defeat the purpose of reforming a region and would be a 'mass massacre' instead.

Do check results of USAF in Operation Inherent Resolve (versus ISIS in the Middle East); this is role model COIN case study for interested parties.
And let's not forget their naval air forces, the US Navy and US Marine Corps. All very tactical
An American pilot had this to say about Pakistani Pilots
"
I flew BFM against a variety of dissimilar aircraft as a Tomcat pilot. During a memorable week off the coast of Pakistan we flew a number of BFM and BVR sorties against the Pakistani Air Force. I still have some spectacular HUD footage from engagements against MiG-21s (J-7s).

I remember being amazed at the lack of proficiency and proper weapons employment from their F-16 pilots.
"

Now if we relate what he said to how many AMRAAMs they fired and how the IAF pilots could easily dodge them since they were fired from the distances they were, "lack of proficiency and proper weapons employment" was on full display.

I would take Paco's opinion definitely more seriously, as he was exposed to it first hand.

But I doubt he'd know about "multiple" AMRAAMs being fired. Fighter Pilots in my opinion are hellish warriors and wear kills proudly, not what they dodge.....

And if it is in relation to the Feb 27th events and I'll stop it there before it goes out of hand, one pilot was shot down, taken into custody and later handed over back to his country. That aircraft shot down was a MiG-21 Bison and it is a confirmed kill. The other aircraft is a claim, and that is claimed to be a Su-30MKI.

Last edited:
He never spoke specifically about BVR proficiency but seems to point o weapon employment. He may be "one Tomcat driver" but to specifically pick on PAF pilots and then talk about their proficiency is probably something beyond mundane. The way I see it.

he doesn't have to, he spoke of BFM and BVR. He spoke of weapons employment a five old can employ guns and sidewinders. Its obvious to the informed reader that he implied BVR proficiency. I can't go into specifics but years ago it took US, NATO plus Sweden eight months at a test range to formalize BVR tactics using real BVR missiles. I wouldn't expect BVR proficiency from an air force yet to acquire BVR capability.

Last edited:
and that Pakistani Pilot fell from sky in RJAF's lap???

.yes by way of the United States Luke AFB. :enjoy:
jokes aside the kill is credited to RJAF just as American kills in the Battle of Britain were credited to the RAF or RCAF.

Back
Top Bottom