What's new

IAF Chief Flies Sortie in F-15 Fighter Jet in Israel, Discusses Military Ties With Counterpart

He was a PAF pilot on deputation, the PAF had a hell of a lot to do with it. Burnol time?
I am not sure if officially he was on deputation, unless that was actually the case between Pakistan and Jordan. Sattar Alvi and a bunch had volunteered to go to Syria, PAF had no say in it as they were all volunteers.
BS, a Pakistani pilot flying for the RJAF shot down an Israeli Dassault Mystere.
PAF had nothing to do with it.. 🤓

If PAF taken on the Israeli air force today... RIP PAF...
Actually sir go read up on Kaiser Tufail's blog and he has a chapter in one of his books. There might be some info there that might be convincing.

We all know that well after what Hizoballah did to them in 2006. Even the IAF couldn’t turn the tide. The air arm can’t make up for their weakness on the ground.
With the advent of drones the air superiority will change. Mini drone with limited AI and no ground transmissions one way mission types are on the way. These suicide small drones with 500g warheads launched from other drones in numbers will saturate airfields and these jets will not have the air superiority that they enjoy today

Actually sir go read up on Kaiser Tufail's blog and he has a chapter in one of his books. There might be some info there that might be convincing.

Yes read it a while back, again I repeat Pakistani pilots were flying RJAF assets while severing a secondment tenure with the Jordanians. How can PAF take credit for the kill? The pilot - yes, but not PAF.

Also a piece of advise for your compatriots, please don't measure the PAF using the Indians as yard stick. Although heavily constrained the PAF is good but the Israeli AF is next level.

Last edited:
With the advent of drones the air superiority will change. Mini drone with limited AI and no ground transmissions one way mission types are on the way. These suicide small drones with 500g warheads launched from other drones in numbers will saturate airfields and these jets will not have the air superiority that they enjoy today
Yes read it a while back, again I repeat Pakistani pilots were flying RJAF assets while severing a secondment tenure with the Jordanians. How can PAF take credit for the kill? The pilot - yes, but not PAF.
Was the pilot not PAF?

Also a piece of advise for your compatriots, please don't measure the PAF using the Indians as yard stick. Although heavily constrained the PAF is good but the Israeli AF is next level.
PAF haven't taken the credit for the kill but the pilot has been granted that as part of his service to the Jordanians.

I do not need the advice myself sir, but I appreciate it for them. Grew up in a military aviation community (one of my parents is currently a fast-jet pilot), and I agree with the last part in bold.

Was the pilot not PAF

No at the time he was a RJAF pilot flying a RJAF Hawker Hunter.
I do not need the advice myself sir, but I appreciate it for them. Grew up in a military aviation community (one of my parents is currently a fast-jet pilot), and I agree with the last part in bold.

good to know, again as stated earlier the advise was for your compatriots not you. Folks here often set unreasonable expectations for the PAF.

good to know, again as stated earlier the advise was for your compatriots not you. Folks here often set unreasonable expectations for the PAF.
1628546176446.png

My friend, there's no claim of PAF shooting down IDF. PAF never took credit. Israeli pilot uniform was even gifted to the pilot and not PAF which he later donated to PAF museum. So, there is big No for PAF claim at all. But speaking of head to head, technologically IDF is ahead with all the shiny gadgets but time will prove how it may turn out to be. Pilot to pilot skills are unmatched as history dictates so now, it includes tech to make a claim for IDf but still needs a fight to be proven. The sentence was Pilot of Pakistan Air Force so yes, they volunteered for M.E while they were in PAF before. Those were not homegrown fighter Pilots.

BS, a Pakistani pilot flying for the RJAF shot down an Israeli Dassault Mystere.
PAF had nothing to do with it.. 🤓
Interesting take. But didn't the Pakistani pilot not have any proper training on an Aircraft that he used to shoot down an Israeli who was well-trained on his type.

main-qimg-04384d0891ed63b5ca0d374797e3ed41
If PAF taken on the Israeli air force today... RIP PAF...
Sure, if you're sending an F-16 against a F-35

I do wonder what the odds would be if it were Viper vs. Viper.
PAF is good but the Israeli AF is next level.
Well, there are people on both sides of the spectrum. Obviously you choose to believe that the IAF is next level. We on the other side are convinced that we are the Next Level. But as good sports, we'll be more than happy to share the podium with them 8-) .

Since we'll probably never go head to head against one another, we'll just take this record:

PAF (Pilot) 1 - 0* IAF (Pilot)

*Dead

Folks here often set unreasonable expectations for the PAF.

Let's be fair Sir. You hold lot of expectations for IDF regardless of reasonable or not as I don't judge that so, Pakistanis will surely hold expectations for PAF. It's just that nationalism, patriotism and love for respective Air Force. You can't just force others to be reasonable by your means and not to love their own Force and expect a lot.

Regrads

Well, then again how many air forces around the Globe can boast of destroying aircraft of four different nations.....Indian, Israeli, Afghan and Soviet jets.

1628547735763.png

Well, then again how many air forces around the Globe can boast of destroying aircraft of four different nations.....Indian, Israeli, Afghan and Soviet jets.

View attachment 768618

True but then air combat was far simpler back then. Today, a sophisticated adversary like Israel can have you chasing shadows while they quickly degrade your ability to see, hear and eventually respond to debilitating attacks. The fight has evolved but Pakistan is yet to recognize a new era has dawned and equip and train accordingly.

Maybe I'm being harsh, perhaps clever people inside PAF are aware but don't have the means to pivot and recalibrate. Perhaps there is no need to since you have a clumsy, incompetent enemy next door - who knows.

True but then air combat was far simpler back then. Today, a sophisticated adversary like Israel can have you chasing shadows while they quickly degrade your ability to see, hear and eventually respond to debilitating attacks. The fight have evolved but Pakistan is yet to recognize a new era has dawned and equip and train accordingly.

Maybe I'm being harsh, perhaps clever people inside PAF are aware but don't have the means to pivot and recalibrate. Perhaps there is no need to since you have a clumsy, incompetent enemy next door - who knows.
It is a forum. You are free to list your views and everyone else can agree or disagree. Putting fanboy nonsense aside, they are professionals and have been working at it for quite some time regardless of how many "decades" behind in terms of technology.

Air Combat has evolved, and so have both air forces.

... they are professionals and have been working at it for quite some time regardless of how many "decades" behind in terms of technology.

Air Combat has evolved, and so have both air forces.

May be so, but then I have no visibility into the PAF long term plans. I only see what is widely reported in the public domain. I hear only what a privileged few are permitted to disclose. So yes, you probably know way more than I do but then I don't see any visible signs of change from my admittedly limited vantage.

Loooiil so he was a Jordanian Arab pilot.....
I am speechless ... I guess now you will tell me you graduated from Oxford University in the field of brain surgery

Back
Top Bottom