What's new

IAF chief flies his last sortie on Sukhoi-30 with his son

@popeye - Back in 2006 when I joined this forum, there were quite a few military professionals - Pilots, retired Officers and servicemen, and discussions had more meat and meaning. Over the years they appear to have left. MuradK was one of them. He was an F-86 pilot also, and lived in Colorado. I got to know him well via email. Then he fell ill and has not been around since. His emails have bounced. I hope he is doing OK. But then again, none of us are getting any younger. I don't know what to make of Pakistanisage, so I am going to leave him be..hope he is not a "poser". God knows I have run into plenty of those, even here at home.

As pointed out bro, to get into a MKI he would have had to fly a Mig-21 during his operational conversion training.

I never said he wont have.Thing is being a Chief's son gets you a lot of privileges..I am very sure all his reports would have a niner...most of his courses would have I ratings.

Same is with the Army where being a General's son makes your life easy...i have seen many real life examples too.

Happens everywhere whats the big deal....i cant help being sarcastic.

IN 1965 too the son of airchief marsal's son arrested by pak after his plain is crashed and ayub khan told to release him and air chief denied and said to deal with him as war prisoner like others.

Thank YOU Chief Hats off.

@popeye - Back in 2006 when I joined this forum, there were quite a few military professionals - Pilots, retired Officers and servicemen, and discussions had more meat and meaning. Over the years they appear to have left. MuradK was one of them. He was an F-86 pilot also, and lived in Colorado. I got to know him well via email. Then he fell ill and has not been around since. His emails have bounced. I hope he is doing OK. But then again, none of us are getting any younger. I don't know what to make of Pakistanisage, so I am going to leave him be..hope he is not a "poser". God knows I have run into plenty of those, even here at home.

Hi @TexasJohn; I see that you've been around much longer than I have. I cannot speak about particular individuals; but yes, I did get the impression that there were more Professionals then, MuradK being one of them just as there were a few others from the US, at least one from the UK. To have authentic information based on experience lends greater value to the level of discourse.

Aviation matters is not really my strong suit; having been a "Salt-Horse". But I have some familiarity with aircraft of that era having grown (some time) around a base that operated B-24 Liberators and the Super-Connies and having seen them rather close and personal!

Hah..what i also know is what kind of nepotism which exists in the Armed Forces...aint it CAPTAIN?

Hmm. You seem to know helluva lot.
Were you an AVIATOR?

IN 1965 too the son of airchief marsal's son arrested by pak after his plain is crashed and ayub khan told to release him and air chief denied and said to deal with him as war prisoner like others.

Thank YOU Chief Hats off.

Your facts are somewhat mixed up there. The IAF Officer (POW) concerned was K.C.Cariappa; the son of Gen.K.M.Cariappa under whom Ayub Khan had served in the Indian Army. Therefore the offer, which rightfully was declined.

Last edited:
That does not make sense at all.
You have to be somebody.
But you are no AVIATOR.
So some of what you keep saying; then classifies (in sailor-speak) as pure "scuttle-butt".
OK.

You seem very intereted in me Capt..Proving you who i am is not gonna earn me anything.

I never said he wont have.Thing is being a Chief's son gets you a lot of privileges..I am very sure all his reports would have a niner...most of his courses would have I ratings.

Same is with the Army where being a General's son makes your life easy...i have seen many real life examples too.

Happens everywhere whats the big deal....i cant help being sarcastic.
Well to be fair, for the majority of Omar's career his father wouldn't have been the ACM and, in fact, when he was joining up his father would've been a relative low rank so I doubt he'd have been privileged throughout his career.

Well to be fair, for the majority of Omar's career his father wouldn't have been the ACM and, in fact, when he was joining up his father would've been a relative low rank so I doubt he'd have been privileged throughout his career.
Cmon man are you kidding me...Browne Sr was the base commander from 2000-2003 when the Pune base was made the home base of Sukhois...It doent take 5-7 years to become a Air Chief and any rank above Group Captain is an influential one.

Anyways like i said it happens everywhere in India...In my entire life i havent seen an organitaion in India which is not affected by Nepotism.

You seem very intereted in me Capt..Proving you who i am is not gonna earn me anything.

Not in the least, Charlie. Not in the least.
Just that you came out with amusingly irrelevant opinions.
That just whetted my curiosity to a little extent.
A waste of time; all told.

Mostly right! Meaning he's the future chief you may be looking at!! :police:

Not in the least, Charlie. Not in the least.
Just that you came out with amusingly irrelevant opinions.
That just whetted my curiosity to a little extent.
A waste of time; all told.

Irrelevant yeah...but not untrue.And sorry for upsetting your curiosity but i share as much as i feel is safe for me to.Regarding your time...well,i dont give a damn about it.

Mostly right! Meaning he's the future chief you may be looking at!! :police:

Why not...when he may have got a head start.

Back
Top Bottom