What's new

IAF chief flies his last sortie on Sukhoi-30 with his son

Not only that I am a former Pakistan Air Force Pilot but also my father was a PAF officer so this story has special meaning for me and why it resonates with me.

I have flown F-86 and Mirage III's in my time. I was in PAF from 1969 to 1975 timeframe.

Ermegerd. Indian media says you are evil. But you are not.

:/ confused

Ermegerd. Indian media says you are evil. But you are not.

:/ confused

You have to understand our complex relationship between IAF and PAF pilots.

In Battlefield both in times of peace and War we are mortal enemies ready to destroy each other.

But we also belong to the fraternity of Pilots and have our own code of honour.

I can tell you this, if I shot down an Indian Fighter plane and the pilot ejected. I would pray that his parachute opens and he lands safely. The act of shooting has to do with us being opponents. The second wish is manifestation of our fraternal relationship as fighter pilots.

:no:
Not only that I am a former Pakistan Air Force Pilot but also my father was a PAF officer so this story has special meaning for me and why it resonates with me.

I have flown F-86 and Mirage III's in my time. I was in PAF from 1969 to 1975 timeframe.

For some reason, I assumed you to be much younger. So you must have seen action in '71?

I wish professionals like you would contribute more in the Indian section - there is a dearth of expert opinion here, and a low signal to noise ratio when discussing aircrafts and systems of the IAF.

:no:

For some reason, I assumed you to be much younger. So you must have seen action in '71?

I wish professionals like you would contribute more in the Indian section - there is a dearth of expert opinion here, and a low signal to noise ratio when discussing aircrafts and systems of the IAF.

Don't you think a lot of Indians would go into defence mode if he starts posting and just end up being more noise just because he is a PakistaniPakistani

Don't you think a lot of Indians would go into defence mode if he starts posting and just end up being more noise just because he is a PakistaniPakistani

Not really, expert opinions are always welcome. It's when keyboard warriors go into battle mode that other keyboard warriors respond in kind. Anyway, it's not like there aren't any pakistanis here, is it?

And I am willing to bet that military professionals would not be too interested in internet battles and trolling. So his views are much more likely to be constructive, than the average commentator's.

Wow, Would like to know more about your experiences on the sabres....

Wow, Would like to know more about your experiences on the sabres....

F-86 was one of those once every 25 to 30 years Classic Marvels that US produces.

In the 50's it was F-86 and late seventies and early eighties it was F-16.

Great aircraft to learn Dogfights on, as it was highly maneuverable at Subsonic speeds.

It was also very forgiving aircrafts to make mistakes on yet survive. Excellent aerodynamics and great on Spin Recoveries.

On the negative side, it was somewhat under-powered in my humble opinion.

Yet all in all, great fighter aircraft for 50's and 60's.

F-86 was one of those once every 25 to 30 years Classic Marvels that US produces.

In the 50's it was F-86 and late seventies and early eighties it was F-16.

Great aircraft to learn Dogfights on, as it was highly maneuverable at Subsonic speeds.

It was also very forgiving aircrafts to make mistakes on yet survive. Excellent aerodynamics and great on Spin Recoveries.

On the negative side, it was somewhat under-powered in my humble opinion.

Yet all in all, great fighter aircraft for 50's and 60's.

Always wondered if those 6 50 cals on f86 fired at the same time or alternatively also how was the performance of Matra SNEB's?

Always wondered if those 6 50 cals on f86 fired at the same time or alternatively also how was the performance of Matra SNEB's?

yeah , the 50 Caliber guns worked in tandem harmonized to point 1000 feet in front of the aircraft.
Great guns but did jam once in a while which could be unnerving in combat.

Matra missile were great AAM.

Not really, expert opinions are always welcome. It's when keyboard warriors go into battle mode that other keyboard warriors respond in kind. Anyway, it's not like there aren't any pakistanis here, is it?

And I am willing to bet that military professionals would not be too interested in internet battles and trolling. So his views are much more likely to be constructive, than the average commentator's.

Don't need you pseudo sickular around here :D

yeah , the 50 Caliber guns worked in tandem harmonized to point 1000 feet in front of the aircraft.

Sorry this is OT, so one gun jamming would cause any problems to the other 5 or you would just lose one out of 6

@sandy_3126 buddy, I may have to start charging for these lessons since it is taking more of my time than the time taken by my students at the University, here in New York City.

So like I said the gun fire in Tandem so that means they are independent of each other. So if one gun jams, the other can keep firing. However, the guns feeding system is electrical so if the fault lies at the electrical Master switch, it can render the whole system kaput.

Next question will be answered after I have received the payment through the Paypal. :P

So what brand were the 50 cals?

Also I thought the PAF F-86s had AIM-9B/GAR-8 missiles. What do you mean by Matra?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom