What's new

Featured IAF airlifts dozens of tanks to Ladakh to beef up firepower

As per advice of US, few losses of CN aircraft will be enough for the embrassement.. Heard also that the satellites of US, JN & IN is closing in on the CN targets and their counter measures. ASAT will take care of Beido

As per advice of US, Few losses of CN AF is enough.

LoL

PLAAF has over 1000+ fighters

As per advice of US, few losses of CN aircraft will be enough for the embrassement.. Heard also that the satellites of US, JN & IN is closing in on the CN targets and their counter measures. ASAT will take care of Beido

China has demonstrated ASAT capability.

Will be sitting ducks in high altitude, moreover with LRSAM's the refullers wont dare to come near.

LoL

IAF fighters will be shot down like flies as soon as they take off by the Chinese S-400s.

LoL

IAF fighters will be shot down like flies as soon as they take off by the Chinese S-400s.

Prepare yourself for Indian nonsense talk cycle. They want to use magic Indian ASAT to destroy Beidou. Let them try. Chinese ASAT earliest successful kinetic hit was in 2005. Five total ASAT tests are confirmed at least. Famous 2007 test was kinetically hitting satellite at over 800km altitude. Indian ASAT test was performed only once in 2019 at 300km altitude. Their vehicle can probably reach higher altitude but GNS satellites orbit at around 21,000km. So they have demonstrated ability to reach 1.4% roughly of the required height to touch Beidou. Chinese ASAT since 2005 have been working to destroy GPS as primary mission.

Pity is that India doesn't have many satellites for us to destroy. But the Bharak maybe they will use to shoot down some Su-30MKI this time with heavy electronic and cyber warfare environment. If IAF finds balls to fly against PLAAF, they will get 1 PLAAF fighter for every 10 they lose as per USA latest findings and analysis. As per Russian estimates, IAF will not fly and more likely get shot down by Indian air defence and other IAF fighters. As per Chinese statements, India has already begged China for de-escalation a third time now by tomorrow and have agreed to give up claims in LAC secretly but will use information warfare on their own Indian people to blind them and distract them of their loss of territory. As per everyone. As per.

Chances of US clandestine activity with support of JN, AS, to embrass CN is high,
With Pacific theature hotting up the chineese will be confused. Now with the Corona nuisance, Nations are fed up with Chineese and most have hatred towards CN only Pak & NK will be supportive, Pakistan will be at big disadvantage with IMF and other agencies under US control they will eventually default and its economy will collapse.

Chances of US clandestine activity with support of JN, AS, to embrass CN is high,
With Pacific theature hotting up the chineese will be confused. Now with the Corona nuisance, Nations are fed up with Chineese and most have hatred towards CN only Pak & NK will be supportive, Pakistan will be at big disadvantage with IMF and other agencies under US control they will eventually default and its economy will collapse.
Keep dreaming

Maybe because Vajpayee chose this step knowing the global standing that India had. The sad part, IMHO, is that this decision to take the high moral ground made us lose a lot of soldiers - something that the any developed self-respecting country would not have done. It just shows the scant regard we pay to the lives of our soldiers and even the paramilitary forces. Given the regular articles coming out from various sources (including military officers, do some of them have OLQ?) praising the grit of our soldiers, one wonders what to make of it at times. Are we really so sure that had we crossed the LoC then things would've gotten bad? Or maybe given the military balance at that time, the more prudent thing was actually done.

Very fairly said. I agree that this apparent taking of the 'high moral ground' cost us thousands of lives. Was it then moral after all, or merely grandstanding by a discredited administration that had just found out that its flashy gesture of travelling to Lahore in a bus had been matched by a clandestine venture against the country?

The grit of our soldiers does not need to be proven; at the same time, they are human beings, and, like human beings, prone at times to failure in battle. Accounts of 1965, and 1962 earlier, are replete with incidents of this battalion or that having lost its will to fight in the face of terrible shelling, or in the face of armoured advances while having no anti-tank weapons with which to fight back. Even of crack troops that had just won battles being sent into even more bloody battles, in order to win a victory on the anniversary of an even more famous victory hallowed the world over in military annals. So the grit is there, when led properly, when motivated, when not in the face of a meaningless and inevitable death against impossible odds. That is the kind of death they were condemned to, because Vajpayee and Fernandes wanted to keep face.

There was nothing to say that militarily we would have been worse off for going around to the reverse slopes, cutting off supply lines and starving out the mountain-top bases, or even attacking them outright but with cover.

We also have evidence now that the opposing air force was not active because it had not been allowed any notice to prepare, and was short of spares and supplies, not to mention fuel.

There is no way to justify the pious stances taken by our government of the time. Did Shastri hesitate when confronted with evidence of open aggression after a period of covert operations?

I still don't know what to make of the Balakot attack and the aerial skirmish that followed. Did we gain anything militarily in terms of only what happened on 27th Feb? I think that @Hellfire says we gained while in at least one of your posts you took a more neutral stand (or maybe worse...?). Again what would a self-respecting country have done?

First, by trying to limit ourselves to a single incident, we made a cardinal error. It was never going to stop at that. Either Dhanoa and his people should have been charged with an all-out attempt to win control of the skies, or we should have waited for an opportune moment.

In the event, we lost the publicity battle by leaving ourselves unable either to show aerial proof of what we said had been done, and allowing the terrestrial proof to be manipulated and for apparently pristine pure sites to be shown to the national and the international press.

We also lost the aerial battle by not being able to prevent the clustering of Pakistani resources, given that it was an assembling in their own air-space, and attacking that assembly would have been equivalent to pronouncing that there was a no-fly zone above the entire nation of Pakistan. We lost more by demonstrating clearly that there was nobody effective in charge on the ground, either in the AOC-in-C in charge, or his subordinates at Air Marshal and Air Commodore levels; we lost by allowing a rash pilot to disobey instructions, put himself into harm's way, and lose a battle he should never have fought. Then we compounded our errors by decorating that pilot. This was a very bad way to deliver a surgical strike; not the strike itself, but the before and after of it.

In 1971, Mrs. Gandhi was cursed by every man, woman and child in West Bengal for allowing 10 million refugees to go unheeded, and for failing to take strong action, meaning military intervention. She had the courage to face this bitter internal criticism, knowing all the time that plans were being made for an intervention several weeks later.

There was nothing preventing the present government from acting the same way, and resisting domestic pressure, and taking the time to build up the air force to peak strength, with current air to air missiles with sufficient range not to make our pilots vulnerable to longer range missiles on the other side, with spares to fight a sustained war of more than a few days, and with a plan of action to deal with a very good, world renowned air force - all the while remembering that there was an even more numerous air force threatening us on the other front.

They should not have done that. But i sometimes wonder - the US invades and destroys countries. And yet the Chinese are blamed so much. Xi must be thinking about how to change the narrative, or maybe he's just to self-absorbed. And of course we have our own history and continued destruction of the living spaces of our own people.

Again, very well put. I cannot add to your arguments.

I do not know whether this occupation by the PLA is of any value other than successfully changing our perception of the LAC. This https://theprint.in/defence/china-i...against-building-road-in-pangong-area/450723/ says that it isq not of strategic importance though you may disagree with the author.

I have not read it - there are major tasks to which I am committed, and which are awaited by others - but in short, from my own earlier reading of the situation and of reports and of official communiques, this amounts to the following:
  • China was, and is, displeased with India, Indian leaders, Indian policies and Indian cooperation with China.
  • The Chinese leadership wanted to demonstrate that they have effective ways of showing their displeasure in physical terms.
  • The Chinese leadership also seems to want to quell the Amit Shah type of bumptious talk threatening everybody with everything. In spite of his continuing bluster, he is now seen as impotent.
The bigger issues you have raised are difficult to deal with in terms of comparing some of the Chinese actions with American actions.
  • Was there anything in American actions equivalent to the annexation of Tibet and the forcible destruction of the Tibetan minority? No.
  • Was there anything the Americans did that matched the double genocide of the Chinese in Xinjiang? No.
  • Is there anything like the nibbling away of neighbours' borders that China is doing now? No.
It is difficult to equate. IMO, it is best to deal with the two as distinct and separate and not comparable. One policy was British, the other was Roman; even among empires, there exist models of imperium.

What you have said will take time in terms of capability and mindset.

Did the Chinese preempt something in case Modi wanted a war over Kashmir in 3-4 years?

This demands a serious and considered reply. It is best if I attempt it tomorrow.

Actually I wrote a lengthy partial answer and then realised that it would take even more time than I had spent, and I was compromising other tasks in doing so.

Bear with me please.

Last edited:
I hope Israel loans and gives Indian military lots of cool toys. PLA needs some practice and also should be interesting to see how it performs against good western modern technology. India's military stuff now is just too low to have any real test of performance. It will be much more like fighting USA level of technology if India has lots more Israeli equipment. Good for both China and Israel. Not so good for India. Even if they are much better than whatever India currently using, it will just take a bit longer and a bit more thinking to crack. But it will be done.

Or you can return the favour by arming Hezbollah and Hamas.

@Joe Shearer Thanks for your long replies. I do not hope to match your efforts (for example the arguments and counterarguments between you and @M. Sarmad). I would just like to say that i enjoy reading your replies because of their content. At the same time i would also like to say that you need not spend considerable time replying to me because of your perception about me. There is a limit to what i can offer and what will be of intellectual interest to you, and that limit may approach very fast.

But of course i will never want you to actually stop explaining in detail what you would like to express.

I'll reply to your post after some hours.

@Joe Shearer Thanks for your long replies. I do not hope to match your efforts (for example the arguments and counterarguments between you and @M. Sarmad). I would just like to say that i enjoy reading your replies because of their content. At the same time i would also like to say that you need not spend considerable time replying to me because of your perception about me. There is a limit to what i can offer and what will be of intellectual interest to you, and that limit may approach very fast.

Please don't worry about what you can offer. If, whatever you write, it is the product of concentrated thought and of appropriate reading to inform yourself, that is all that is needed.

But of course i will never want you to actually stop explaining in detail what you would like to express.

I'll reply to your post after some hours.

I have an unfortunate tendency to explain in detail. Like that first remark above this is also born out of my brief stint in teaching.

Salaam

This should be interesting. I wonder how the Chinese will view this move by Israel. Selling a weapon is a bit different to loaning a weapon system.
thats what mean allies help not all about money

Prepare yourself for Indian nonsense talk cycle. They want to use magic Indian ASAT to destroy Beidou. Let them try. Chinese ASAT earliest successful kinetic hit was in 2005. Five total ASAT tests are confirmed at least. Famous 2007 test was kinetically hitting satellite at over 800km altitude. Indian ASAT test was performed only once in 2019 at 300km altitude. Their vehicle can probably reach higher altitude but GNS satellites orbit at around 21,000km. So they have demonstrated ability to reach 1.4% roughly of the required height to touch Beidou. Chinese ASAT since 2005 have been working to destroy GPS as primary mission.

Pity is that India doesn't have many satellites for us to destroy. But the Bharak maybe they will use to shoot down some Su-30MKI this time with heavy electronic and cyber warfare environment. If IAF finds balls to fly against PLAAF, they will get 1 PLAAF fighter for every 10 they lose as per USA latest findings and analysis. As per Russian estimates, IAF will not fly and more likely get shot down by Indian air defence and other IAF fighters. As per Chinese statements, India has already begged China for de-escalation a third time now by tomorrow and have agreed to give up claims in LAC secretly but will use information warfare on their own Indian people to blind them and distract them of their loss of territory. As per everyone. As per.
The information warfare painting Galwan as Indian victory is already on. Anyway, this is the outcome we want, the Indian public gullible enough to believe they won but actual occupation lies with us. Hence, the silence ok casualties. The MOFA has alrrady hinted, the reason they are withholding info is to avoid stirring resentment, a code word for far hIgher Indian casualties

Or you can return the favour by arming Hezbollah and Hamas.

That's up to CCP. I don't think Israel will give Indian much. Maybe a few units of Bharak at most. We must remember all this is talking. Indians love making talks sound like action that has already happened. So let's see how much Israel helps because CCP will certainly respond somehow maybe not as simple as arming Israel's more direct enemies like different groups. Iran is indeed armed by China in some smaller ways only but Israel has been arming India for years already and a lot of their digital technology is Israeli now even if the basic main weapon is not like Su-30MKI. Who cares anyway. They think it's difference between win and loss but really it's the difference between Indian losing in one hour or India losing in one week.

That's up to CCP. I don't think Israel will give Indian much. Maybe a few units of Bharak at most. We must remember all this is talking. Indians love making talks sound like action that has already happened. So let's see how much Israel helps because CCP will certainly respond somehow maybe not as simple as arming Israel's more direct enemies like different groups. Iran is indeed armed by China in some smaller ways only but Israel has been arming India for years already and a lot of their digital technology is Israeli now even if the basic main weapon is not like Su-30MKI. Who cares anyway. They think it's difference between win and loss but really it's the difference between Indian losing in one hour or India losing in one week.
Good way of putting it, losing in one hour or one week. I believe our jamming technology is quite developed. Su-30 MKIs will be roasted easily.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom