What's new

I was offered Rs. 14 crore bribe: Indian Army chief General VK Singh

ohh !! i doubt he is even Indian . just another false flagger . remember the debate of nuke plants and his comments on it . :wave:

He might be an Indian...but of the Arundati Roy type...remember her Gandhians with Guns meme ?

Wait, trinity, are you Arundati Roy ?

This guy makes it impossible to take him seriously. The maoists as moral idols? The guys who are busy extorting money from all sorts of illegal mining companies to permit & protect them, who indulge in widespread poaching & destroying national resources are the new stand up idols of the moral brigade?? :hitwall:

Thats why I said initially you idiot. You and your dumbass mates cant read if your life depended on it.

He might be an Indian...but of the Arundati Roy type...remember her Gandhians with Guns meme ?

Wait, trinity, are you Arundati Roy ?

No. So to fight for the poor and protect our environment means you have to be her?

If you support Maoists so much pls take them to US. They can help you in 'taking over' wall street. Our system may not be perfect but has options to clean it up. If Maoists do corruption and one have the guts to point it out, he may get a bullet to his head. So thanks but no thanks. Maoism is not our path to salvation..democracy is.

Plz slap yourself you potten.

ohh !! i doubt he is even Indian . just another false flagger . remember the debate of nuke plants and his comments on it . :wave:

What about my comments? Were they false? I gave links unlike you dumbass

Thats why I said initially you idiot. You and your dumbass mates cant read if your life depended on it.

Idiot....dumbass........:rofl: Please do not insist on inserting your signature(s) in the middle of your posts. No one here is impressed that you managed to pick a couple of words at school, go scare some kids with those epithets.

Nowhere did you mention anything about initially, maybe you are the one in need of ophthalmology check up. Maybe also an English grammar lesson since you use the present tense to describe your support of the Maoists.

Thats why I support Maoists, even though they far from perfect. They truly know and see how corrupt our f-king govt and bureaucracy has been and become.

Asked Army chief to take action, he refused, says Defence Minister on bribe bomb :hitwall::hitwall:

New Delhi: The Defence Minister addressed Parliament today on the allegation made by India's Army chief that he was offered a bribe of 14 crores in 2010. General VK Singh said the kickback was offered to him in his office by a retired defence officer. He did not disclose the name of the lobbyist or the company that he represented. General Singh said he had informed Defence Minister AK Antony immediately about the conversation.

"I will go to any extent to investigate the Army chief's allegations... all my life, I have fought against corruption" said the minister today, saying that he follows up even on anonymous letters that allege graft. He said he is ready to cancel any contract tainted by corruption. A CBI inquiry was ordered yesterday by the Defence Minister. The General is likely to give a written statement to the CBI today.

Opposition parties have been asking why neither the General nor the Defence Minister asked for an investigation earlier, or blacklisted the company that allegedly offered the bribe. Mr Antony said today, "I asked General Singh to take action. But he said, 'I don't want to push this matter'." The comments expose the latest instalment of the trust deficit between the army chief and the Defence Ministry. Their strained relationship was exposed with the chief taking the government to court in January to settle the matter of his age - an issue that could have affected when he retires. The General withdrew his petition after Supreme Court judges suggested they would not be able to rule in his favour.

Both the Congress and the BJP said yesterday that General Singh should have filed a police case against the retired officer who approached him with the kickback. But the BJP said today that the minister cannot pass the buck and that it is the government's job to distinguish between frivolous and substantive charges. "There is eventually civilian control of armed forces...but issues that should be settled in closed doors are becoming a public debate which in case of armed forces should be avoided," said the BJP's Arun Jaitely. He added that the government and the army chief "should not have put blinkers on their eyes. This is learning to live with corruption," he said.

The Army in a press release earlier this month blamed Lt General (retired) Tejinder Singh for offering bribes on behalf of Tatra and Vetra, which provides trucks to the Army via a government-owned company called Bharat Earth Movers Limited (BEML). Mr Singh told NDTV yesterday that he has never offered a bribe to the Army chief.

General Singh said in an interview yesterday that Rs. 14 crore was offered to him to clear the purchase of 600 "sub-standard" Tatra trucks. At the time, he said, 7000 trucks were already in use by the Army. But the Defence Ministry says that the army has never complained about the performance of Tatras heavy vehicles.

Asked Army chief to take action, he refused, says Defence Minister on bribe bomb

Such is the irony of the situation that even when it is known that the current Defence Minister is clean, even when it is known that the current Chief is clean, still there is muck being raised all around when these two guys are at the helm of the ship. Poor Manmohan is the P.M. Another fellow who will be getting another truckload of crap for this.

And the worst part is that it is not that Tatra is a bad vehicle. It is a perfect and versatile vehicle for the various mobility needs of the Army and even the Air Force. It is also a very good weapon systems mounting vehicle.

So the travesity is that some clean guys will get muck and a vehicle / asset which is beneficial to India will now be halted from procurement.

All because of the middle men involved in the sales. So much will be lost of so many for the greed and profit of so few. And if this investigation is taken to its logical conclusion rest assured that we will in the end have an italian connection. What a wretched moral fortitude do we all as a society and a nation possess that we continue to be active participants in this sham via our votes!!

Tape recording of bribe offer made to Army Chief General VK Singh exists: Ex-Army officer

New Delhi: A former Army officer claims that a tape recording of the bribe offer made to Army Chief General VK Singh exists. According to Colonel (Retired) RSN Singh the tape has recorded the voice of a man who says that Army chiefs before General VK Singh have accepted money.
In the tape a man reportedly tells Army Chief General VK SIngh that Army chiefs after him will also be taken care of. The tape reportedly has the Army Chief ordering the man to out of his office after the man offered bribe for clearing the purchase of sub-standard all-terrain vehicles for the forces.
"I'm told that in this tape, there is that conversation which the General talks about. The gentleman concerned, is heard offering bribe and telling the Chief that chiefs before you have taken bribes and chiefs after you will take bribes. So why don't you fall in the line. And then I'm told that General VK Singh can be heard shouting on this fellow that you get out of my office before I do something else to you," said Colonel (Retired) RSN Singh.
The tape is in the custody of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), which began investigating the bribery allegation on Tuesday. The agency is likely to send the tape for forensic tests to find out if it is genuine or not.
The CBI will also ask for a formal complaint from General VK Singh in connection with his allegation. Agency sources on Tuesday said action would be initiated after getting a formal complaint from General Singh.
They said besides the complaint, he would also have to provide other details like date of meeting with the lobbyist, a possible witness list and supporting documents among other details in the case. The sources said the agency has not registered any formal inquiry in the case so far and any action would be initiated after a formal communique from the Singh is received.
They said they have received a "reference" from the Defence Ministry to probe the matter and it has been processed as per the laid down procedure. The agency sources said a preliminary inquiry or an FIR could be registered soon after completion of the procedural requirements.
The Army chief had claimed in a media interview that an equipment lobbyist had offered him a bribe of Rs 14 crore, a matter which he had reported to Defence Minister AK Antony.

The Congress is after general Singh ever since he refused to become their pet pooch. First it was the equipment delays last year, then the issue with Gen. Singh going to press to inform all people about Government's corruption, later it was his age that was made a row and now it is bribery case entrapment!

Kudos to Gen. Singh for exposing this corrupt government. He's clearly mentioned (in papers) that he had reported it to the authorities concerned but no action was taken.

Is this a ploy by Sonia-controlled UPA to remove all firm leaders from strong positions? Deepak Kapoor was a YES man for everything this corrupt government said and nothing happened to him till date despite his hand in Adarsh scam.

But VK Singh has decided to stand strong and expose this anti-national government and he is facing the flak for it.

All of us Indians must support General Singh against this wretched Maino Mafia. :angry:

If you think I am being jingoistic, just check out the list of most powerful people in our country:

- MMS: PM
- Patil: President
- Krishna: MEA
- Anthony: DM
- Chidambaram: HM
- Mukherjee: FM

All have one thing common: all are Sonia's Pet mutts.

We must all support general Singh as we would when he fights a war against an enemy. This is an internal war and it must not be treated as something personal. C**t grass party will stop at nothing to eliminate those who have a voice against Madam G; directly or indirectly.

11512998.cms

If we all remember, this government tried to tarnish ex-ACM PV Naik's image as well when he started this trend of saying a NO to the sarkari babus.

Idiot....dumbass........:rofl: Please do not insist on inserting your signature(s) in the middle of your posts. No one here is impressed that you managed to pick a couple of words at school, go scare some kids with those epithets.

Nowhere did you mention anything about initially, maybe you are the one in need of ophthalmology check up. Maybe also an English grammar lesson since you use the present tense to describe your support of the Maoists.

You know Im tired of writing properly when you and your mates fail and purposely ignore the facts. Read the statement properly, what does it say? "far from perfect", do you realize that when the Maoists first started out their moral compass was 200% on point? Now, some leaderhsip figures in their organization have been corrupted and inflenced by the almighty Rupee but a few level headed groups remain. They have seen the worst of the Indian govt and how the corruption has made their lives mserable. How can you relate to it? Are you poor? Do you work for food? Do you live in an open field surrounded by poverty and miserable conditions?

Podee pullae...inda amma paradee

Poda Thayoli.

Namuke samskarathode koodi ee discussion thudaram, pakshae pottenum mattum vilichu vakthihatya cheyuvan annu ninte oothasham enkil, mone mel parachitilum koodiya sadanam enta kayil stock oondu.

You know Im tired of writing properly when you and your mates fail and purposely ignore the facts. Read the statement properly, what does it say? "far from perfect", do you realize that when the Maoists first started out their moral compass was 200% on point? Now, some leaderhsip figures in their organization have been corrupted and inflenced by the almighty Rupee but a few level headed groups remain. They have seen the worst of the Indian govt and how the corruption has made their lives mserable. How can you relate to it? Are you poor? Do you work for food? Do you live in an open field surrounded by poverty and miserable conditions?

Can you answer "yes" to any of those last questions about yourself? Unlikely, given your flag. And yet you have no trouble in deciding what the poor in India need and what serves their interests.

Also, as he pointed out earlier, you said you support the maoists, and used the present tense. Enough said.

I can relate. My father's family was of a humble background that rose to its present status through hard work. My dad's village didn't even have electricity despite being a state with so much abundance. And there are thousands of cases in this country where men from same backgrounds as these so-called "poor" Maoists have come up. They worked hard, sincere and dedicatedly, didn't take to arms and became successful.

So what are you suggesting? Everyone of these should have taken AKs and started shooting all those people who are successful as they do now?

Maoists have done more than worse now in all these years. It is not what they started as but what they have become. They have crossed all the moral boundaries of their own so-called cause to seek any justice by murdering, plundering, killing, kidnapping and attacking the common man and the innocent villagers.

But look at terrorist supporters like you, I know where these vermin get their support from. It is people like you who are a shame to the pride and beauty of our country when you support these terrorists. Shame on you for supporting these inhuman monsters.

Can you answer "yes" to any of those last questions about yourself? Unlikely, given your flag. And yet you have no trouble in deciding what the poor in India need and what serves their interests.

Also, as he pointed out earlier, you said you support the maoists, and used the present tense. Enough said.

Leave him, bhai. According to this anti-national loser, we all must take arms and start gun-totting if we are not willing to work for our daily living.

Now you know where terrorists in our country get their "moral" support from. It is from traitors like these who have their ungrateful selves living off our country but support activity against its people.

Leave him, bhai. According to this anti-national loser, we all must take arms and start gun-totting if we are not willing to work for our daily living.

Now you know where terrorists in our country get their "moral" support from. It is from traitors like these who have their ungrateful selves living off our country but support activity against its people.

I have my doubts about that. Even when he tried to abuse another member in his language earlier on this thread, he definitely didn't sound like he spoke that language natively.

But let's not make this thread about maoists or nuclear plants, like he has been turning every thread into. Unfortunately, the topic of the thread seems to be blowing the lid off some very serious issues in the army. Here is an NDTV report in detail about the purchase of overpriced tatra trucks. Several heads in BEML need to roll for this. Kudos to the army chief for bringing this shame into the open.

Tatra trucks: Has army been fleeced of hundreds of crores?

If he was a Pakistani General, then he would be enjoying that 14 crore some where in UK with his family...... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom