What's new

I hope China does this and teach them a lesson

The river brahmaputra flows across three countries China,India & Bangladesh.And according to international law for trans country rivers,any of the three country can build dams for hydro-electric projects.
Then what's wrong if china is building a hydro power project. And the Chinese Govt also assured that there will not any significant changes in the flow of water.
Both India & Bangladesh can build a hydro-electric project on this potential river .

I suppose it would be less threatening if it was actually just generetors without an actual dam that could close off water.

Also I don't think you need a dam to close off a river. I think in a war scenario rivers can be blocked fairly quickly if an order is sent.

For the sake of the people of Assam , I hope that China goes ahead with this project. The floods and water bursts in Assam are regular news and the central government of Assam just seems to sit back and do nothing about it. In fact I would suggest that the GoI should approach the Chinese authorities and offer whatever assistance they may require from our nation. This kind of joint co operation between India and China will be beneficial to both our nations.

I agree with you. China must negotiate with India when our GOV want to build a dam which near by the bundary of both country. But I never heard about this news that our country will build a dam in there.:blink:

Back
Top Bottom