What's new

I hope China does this and teach them a lesson

jisko jo ukhadna he ukhad le.

Oh hooo oh hoo easy ho ja pai your emotions are already reaching the top levels. China can do with India exactly what India can with Pakistan and that holds true with or without water in mind. If you do not like to be treated the way you treat others, may be its time for you to think.

since this dam benefits everyone, why not build it? in fact, india could become a responsible shareholder in this region. it produces electricity, reduces flooding and diverts water from where there is far too much to where there is far too little. sounds like a win win situation for everyone.

The title of this discussion speaks volumes on the maturity levels.

There is hardly any doubt that daming the Tsang po will have impact downstream. But since tributaries like lohit originate from within the impact will get mitigated.

The hardest impact shall be on BD.

You guys have this all wrong. Energy is the prerequisite for immigration and industrialization. The fact that China is carrying out megastructure plans in Tibet should alert India. The Chinese have a strategical advantage in terms of elevation, while India has population. If imigration into the Tibetan plateau takes place, it will only threaten the prospect of Indian claims to the disputed boundary. More importantly, this energy will also be used to power the dual-use airfields and train stations in Tibet, allowing easier military mobilization. Furthermore, the dam will only force Bangledesh and Myamar, to increase their dependency on Chinese power generation capacity, granting the communists easy access to the Indian Ocean.

Last edited:
Oh hooo oh hoo easy ho ja pai your emotions are already reaching the top levels. China can do with India exactly what India can with Pakistan and that holds true with or without water in mind. If you do not like to be treated the way you treat others, may be its time for you to think.

we have no problrm china building dams. what about you?why you have problems.

You guys have this all wrong. Energy is the prerequisite for immigration and industrialization. The fact that China is carrying out megastructure plans in Tibet should alert India. The Chinese have a strategical advantage in terms of elevation, while India has population. If imigration into the Tibetan plateau takes place, it will only threaten the prospect of Indian claims to the disputed boundary. More importantly, this energy will also be used to power the dual-use airfields and train stations in Tibet, allowing easier military mobilization. Furthermore, the dam will only force Bangledesh and Myamar, to increase their dependency on Chinese power generation capacity, granting the communists easy access to the Indian Ocean.
It would really be stupid for the PLA to rely on Dam power for its airbases. I assume they would have back up generators so why even bother mentioning it. The real reason for this is development of Tibet. There has been a large influx of Chinese imigrants into tibet and Tibet now requires power. The CCP can no longer afford to put the Tibetans on the back burner for its consquences are well known. Tibet still remians highly isolated and under developed compared to the rest of China.
India has nothing to fear. Tibet is Indias advantage and Chinas to loose. They wouldnt risk and deverting water is grounds for war. Instead India should by into the project and give the NE energy, im sure the CHinese will have more than they actually need.

Yes, we heavily depend on Brahmputra when it comes to north-east farming. But, when they will build dam,that doesn't mean there will not any single drop of water in river beds. there will be plenty of water. and above all, if the situation goes very critical about water shortage in India. then, we can take out as many water as we want from not only Brahmputra(and leave nothing for bangladesh) but also from river flowing to the neighbouring country through Kashmir. kyoki, Nango ka mukabala karneke liye agar sharam aaye to khud nange hona padta he. jisko jo ukhadna he ukhad le.

How exactly?:confused:

ukharain gay tu hum aisa k yad karo gay k sath tha kuch k nahi

just waiting for the right time ... and that time is not much far away....

ukharain gay tu hum aisa k yad karo gay k sath tha kuch k nahi

just waiting for the right time ... and that time is not much far away....

Jaise aaplog yaad rakh rahe hai.....BD:woot::woot:

By the way...u can wait wait and can still wait for the right time:rofl::rofl::rofl:

What no one has raised is the danger of building this dam. 2x the capacity of the 3 gorges dam which the Chinese are still learning from.
We have a massive volume of water at high altitude in a difficult enviroment for construction if the dam fails 3000000000000 liters of water are going to be going some where in a hurry

Reminds me of the scene out of 2012.

I am a Chinese, I haven't heard about this news. If our country want to build a dam in special area,the CCTV will make some programs to let people know. Just like the "Three Gorges Dam", there were many news we can see about this project before the dam been built. Build a dam on Yarlung Zangbo River, this is a dream of Chinese people. 80 years ago, the democracy revolution leader Sun Zhongshan said that he wanted to built a dam in that area. But after 80 years, nothing had been built.

For the sake of the people of Assam , I hope that China goes ahead with this project. The floods and water bursts in Assam are regular news and the central government of Assam just seems to sit back and do nothing about it. In fact I would suggest that the GoI should approach the Chinese authorities and offer whatever assistance they may require from our nation. This kind of joint co operation between India and China will be beneficial to both our nations.

Why worry so much about war?
It been clear that in any future scenario,India has either to go for a 2 front war or a single front nuclear war.
the best suited war to deal with china is mutual assured destruction. Have your beens fried? I am getting mine. Case closed.

Inside sources have been talking about the modification of nuclear doctrine for years with respect to threat perception. With this done? Any minor border skirmish with china will eventually lead to a large conventional war and thereby a nuclear holocast on both sides. you get your 1.4 billion killed,while I will loose my 1.2 billion.not bad at all eh for a folk talking about war? :P

Trust me, there is a reason for everything that India does with respect to china.Be it a slow modernisation of airfields,border roads and infra what not? India is strictly considered tactical nuking in case of a war (which china wants to over-run india) thereby leading to full-pledged nuclear.
Maybe its time for both the most populated and largest economies to think about development rather than war? It definitely is. This time no one walks out as a winner.Certainly not.

If we are talking about tibet? It will lead to many OTs and you will later regret for bringing in such topic onboard.

And Daming brahmaputra is a win-loose situation for both india and china,while its a loose-looooose for bangladesh.
For both india and china ,it brings trust deficit.And the dam being on the border makes it less secure during a war.India has to clear the down river in case of damage to dam.Bangladesh will certainly get drowned if excess water flows.

for india it reduces the flood water. For china,it increases the probablity of earth quakes.Being adjacent to mountaneous region most likely chances of disturbing the stability of earths crust with the construction of such huge dam. A perfect pawn moved by India ,will make bangladesh and china sworn enemies with respect to water issue.

Pours oil for the initial consideration of all river linkage project in India.
India may be obligated to exercise all rights related to Indus water treaty(where currently less than 50% rights are exercised).Speeds up linkage project,therby spreading the water evenly all accross the country(good for common man)

Bangladesh OTOH becomes more dependant on India for water.Currently the excess water was being dumped into bangladesh,in future where will be no excess water and india has to give its own share of water to B`Desh(this will cetainly cost a life from B`Desh in returning favor)
Arunachal Pradesh and many N-E states hate china like hell.It is understable for their petitions in regarding this dam construction.

Lastly, though appear minor,this single dam will bring in as many issues onto the table in whole sout-east asia.Sooner or later some others will feel the heat instead.Atleast India has resources and as many rivers to get through any worst situation,while the others that were soon to be turned into barren lands ,need to think more about the future implications.

off topic but had to post

True Reversal from the topic (intent) of thread starter....:smitten::rofl::rofl::rofl:
my first in Defence.pk
A googly murli or bhaji or saqlain would have been proud offf

Why worry so much about war?
It been clear that in any future scenario,India has either to go for a 2 front war or a single front nuclear war.
the best suited war to deal with china is mutual assured destruction. Have your beens fried? I am getting mine. Case closed.

Inside sources have been talking about the modification of nuclear doctrine for years with respect to threat perception. With this done? Any minor border skirmish with china will eventually lead to a large conventional war and thereby a nuclear holocast on both sides. you get your 1.4 billion killed,while I will loose my 1.2 billion.not bad at all eh for a folk talking about war? :P

Trust me, there is a reason for everything that India does with respect to china.Be it a slow modernisation of airfields,border roads and infra what not? India is strictly considered tactical nuking in case of a war (which china wants to over-run india) thereby leading to full-pledged nuclear.
Maybe its time for both the most populated and largest economies to think about development rather than war? It definitely is. This time no one walks out as a winner.Certainly not.

If we are talking about tibet? It will lead to many OTs and you will later regret for bringing in such topic onboard.

And Daming brahmaputra is a win-loose situation for both india and china,while its a loose-looooose for bangladesh.
For both india and china ,it brings trust deficit.And the dam being on the border makes it less secure during a war.India has to clear the down river in case of damage to dam.Bangladesh will certainly get drowned if excess water flows.

for india it reduces the flood water. For china,it increases the probablity of earth quakes.Being adjacent to mountaneous region most likely chances of disturbing the stability of earths crust with the construction of such huge dam. A perfect pawn moved by India ,will make bangladesh and china sworn enemies with respect to water issue.

Pours oil for the initial consideration of all river linkage project in India.
India may be obligated to exercise all rights related to Indus water treaty(where currently less than 50% rights are exercised).Speeds up linkage project,therby spreading the water evenly all accross the country(good for common man)

Bangladesh OTOH becomes more dependant on India for water.Currently the excess water was being dumped into bangladesh,in future where will be no excess water and india has to give its own share of water to B`Desh(this will cetainly cost a life from B`Desh in returning favor)
Arunachal Pradesh and many N-E states hate china like hell.It is understable for their petitions in regarding this dam construction.

Lastly, though appear minor,this single dam will bring in as many issues onto the table in whole sout-east asia.Sooner or later some others will feel the heat instead.Atleast India has resources and as many rivers to get through any worst situation,while the others that were soon to be turned into barren lands ,need to think more about the future implications.

good to know that the no first use pledge by india is worthless.

Back
Top Bottom