What's new

I can answer questions about China and help you understand our country

Chinese are crybaby.

Ah come on, there is more than just learning from past mistakes. Ccp wants chinese people to know their role in the war against Japan, their role of country liberation. That’s in turn will legitimate the rule over China today.

The CCP recognized legal foundation of the dominationof the KMT before August 1945. During the Anti Japanese War, the CCP army fought in the name of the KMT. legal foundation of the domination of the CCP comes from the inheritance and development of the Three People's Principles, and Sun Yat-sen is still the father of the country. The CCP's legal system has nothing to do with the war of resistance against Japan.
Uh, even if you don't watch chinese movies, the brit and westerners makes a bunch of films exposing the corruption of the Qing, the HKers also made some, because they hate the Qing.
I'm just saying there's an imbalance between that, and the movies/TV shows about japanese invasion, which nowadays is mostly about communist guerillas trumping the japs anyway.

If it is a guerrilla Anti Japanese War TV series, there will usually be mutual distrust between the KMT and CCP forces, China's lack of industrial manufacturing of weapons, the contradiction between landlords and farmers, traitors and so on. Is this not introspection?

Do Vietnamese even watch Chinese guerrilla Anti Japanese War TV dramas? It is usually shoddy. How boring you have to be to see that?

Last edited:
If it is a guerrilla Anti Japanese War TV series, there will usually be mutual distrust between the KMT and CCP forces, China's lack of industrial manufacturing of weapons, the contradiction between landlords and farmers, traitors and so on. Is this not introspection?

Do Vietnamese even watch Chinese guerrilla Anti Japanese War TV dramas? It is usually shoddy. How boring you have to be to see that?
Most Japan war TV shows' clips I've seen has the japs being comically evil and incompetent while the communist guerillas fight while shouting cringy slogans. Though to be fair, I don't watch them in details.
Still, I think they are still better than the xianxia shows, which I can't relate at all.

Nowadays, I watch mostly japanese anime and older TVB shows.
Technically ATV but whatever, very nice soundtrack:

Last edited:
OK, now time to deal with this criticism of Jin Yong.
Jin Yong can't be the greatest modern writer. Just look at these defects in his works:

Xiao Ao Jiang Hu - A guy must cut off his balls to achieve the state of divinity
Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre - Shameless harem story; except for Yang Buhui, every girl in this story is Zhang Wuji's harem
Return of the Condor Heroes - Female lead got raped
How are these defects?

Smiling Proud Swordsman - the villains cut their own balls in order to gain the ultimate martial art, which is the ultimate selfishness, willing to harm their own body in order to gain power vs. the hero who learned the ultimate swordsmanship that everything is a sword, and that being obsessive with power and wealth is sick. This is one of the Jin Yong's deepest works and criticize the political atmosphere at the time (factionalism and Ming dynasty being secretly ruled by eunuchs).

Return of Condor Heroes - female lead got raped, why is this a defect??? If anything, Return shows that idea that son of the villain can still be a good guy and that nurture is stronger than nature and many relationships can be unusual yet healthy (like the main protagonist marrying his teacher), as an opposite of Legend.

Dragon Sabre & Heavenly Sword - OK, this is one of the Jin Yong's weakest works, and it popularizes the idea of bad yandere girl like Zhou Zhiruo so I won't defend it.

@MH.Yang question on chinese roads. World has seen impressive pics of spanking new chinese roads and highways. Are they still heavily tolled ? is it easy for foreigners to rent a car and drive in china ? How is the road manners in china - has it improved with increasing car ownership ?

Can any chinese give insider information on what happened to Zhao Wei / Triệu Vi (in vietnamese)?
She was quite popular in Vietnam during my childhood via Hoàn Châu Cách Cách ( 還珠格格 ), and she suddenly got cancelled today.

This is the order of things:

1. In July 10 2021, the second round of COVID19 occurred in China. The COVID19 entered China from Nanjing airport.

2. In July 21, The CCP Central Committee sent some investigation team to investigate whether the governments of Nanjing and surrounding cities have committed dereliction of duty. One of the investigation teams went to Hangzhou.

3. The Hangzhou working group did not find any dereliction of duty, but found that Zhou Jiangyong, Secretary of Hangzhou municipal Party committee, and a group of Hangzhou officials may have corruption, so the working group reported it to the CCDI.

4. On August 1, CCDI investigation team came to Hangzhou. On August 21, CCDI announced the arrest of Zhou Jiangyong, Secretary of Hangzhou municipal Party committee, and a group of Hangzhou officials.

5. On August 27, all Zhao Wei's works were taken off the China Internet. It is rumored on the Internet that her source of property is closely related to the group of corrupt officials in Hangzhou, and Zhao Wei is also suspected of money laundering and illegal detention. China does not allow illegal actors to continue to work.

6. There are many star actors in Hangzhou. For the time being, only Zhao Wei has been found out, but it may not be only Zhao Wei who breaks the law. Maybe more star actors will be found later.

Last edited:
@MH.Yang question on chinese roads. World has seen impressive pics of spanking new chinese roads and highways. Are they still heavily tolled ? is it easy for foreigners to rent a car and drive in china ? How is the road manners in china - has it improved with increasing car ownership ?

I am a foreign trade manager. I have been to many countries.
I can tell you with certainty that China's road situation is the best in the world, and no country's road is at the same level as it.

China's roads are very wide, there are few traffic jams, and the design is very bold and beautiful. Every time I drive in China, I think I drive in a beautiful picture.
In 2019, my family and I traveled to Lushan, Jiangxi Provincem, and we passed a highway in Jiujiang City. Oh, my God, the whole highway is built under the water, and cars drive on the water like ships. I don't understand how designers ensure that the height of the water will not be lower than the road surface, nor will it submerge the air inlet of the car. To know that Poyang Lake is the largest freshwater lake in China, I can't imagine how the designer controls the water level.

I don't know much about the car rental industry. I haven't rented a car. Chinese cars are very cheap. If you come to China, you can buy a car. You can buy a car for about $10k, China recognizes international driver's license. It is very convenient for foreigners to drive in China.

Attachments

• mmexport1630112755923.jpg
    mmexport1630112755923.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 29
  • mmexport1630112759493.jpg
    mmexport1630112759493.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 31
  • mmexport1630112770259.jpg
    mmexport1630112770259.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 25
  • mmexport1630112749551.jpg
    mmexport1630112749551.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 22
  • mmexport1630112775161.jpg
    mmexport1630112775161.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
5. On August 27, all Zhao Wei's works were taken off the China Internet. It is rumored on the Internet that her source of property is closely related to the group of corrupt officials in Hangzhou, and Zhao Wei is also suspected of money laundering and illegal detention. China does not allow illegal actors to continue to work.

6. There are many star actors in Hangzhou. For the time being, only Zhao Wei has been found out, but it may not be only Zhao Wei who breaks the law. Maybe more star actors will be found later.
Oh well, let's see how it goes.
Bad time for stars in China now, but nobody is gonna support money laundering.

Oh well, let's see how it goes.
Bad time for stars in China now, but nobody is gonna support money laundering.

Yes, you are right.
Chinese people generally believe that star actors should not earn more than scientists. Therefore, many Chinese people want to thoroughly check the capital operation of the entertainment industry.
Zhao Wei and his wife have billions of assets, but Zhao Wei should not have so much money, so some people have long suspected that the source of their huge assets is unknown.
Zhou Jiangyong is only the Secretary of Hangzhou municipal Party committee, so the amount involved in the case will not be too high.
Zhao Wei has billions of assets and many money sources are unknown. Maybe CCDI can find more corrupt officials through Zhao Wei.

Yes, you are right.
Chinese people generally believe that star actors should not earn more than scientists. Therefore, many Chinese people want to thoroughly check the capital operation of the entertainment industry.
Zhao Wei and his wife have billions of assets, but Zhao Wei should not have so much money, so some people have long suspected that the source of their huge assets is unknown.
Zhou Jiangyong is only the Secretary of Hangzhou municipal Party committee, so the amount involved in the case will not be too high.
Zhao Wei has billions of assets and many money sources are unknown. Maybe CCDI can find more corrupt officials through Zhao Wei.
Little correction, but Zhao Wei is a girl/actress.

Little correction, but Zhao Wei is a girl/actress.
No, Zhao Wei is a capitalist now. All Chinese konw Zhao Wei has a lot of energy in the capital market. The Chinese question is, where did Zhao Wei's initial capital come from? Zhao Wei became famous in the 1990s, when the income of China's entertainment industry was not high.

In fact, the first working group sent to Hangzhou came from the State Council. Its duty is to investigate malfeasance and has no right to investigate corruption.
However, someone reported to the working group that Zhou Jiangyong's wife received a salary in the bank but never went to work. The working group believes that this may not only be dereliction of duty, but there may be more serious corruption crimes, so they report it to CCDI.
Because Hangzhou is one of the most economically developed cities and the key monitoring area of CCDI, CCDI soon sent a working group.
At first, CCDI had only evidence of dereliction of duty of Zhou Jiangyong's wife, but more evidence was found through her wife.
After Zhou Jiangyong was arrested, several Hangzhou officials, including Ma Xiaohui, deputy director of Zhejiang Provincial People's Congress, surrendered to CCDI.

CCDI has great power and ability. I believe they can find out the truth as long as they have a few clue.
Now that Zhao Wei has entered the sight of CCDI, I don't think she can continue to hide. But Zhao Wei is not a CPC member, so CCDI will command the anti corruption bureau to investigate Zhao Wei.

Yes, you are right.
That is just pure arrogance and prejudice. Who said actors shouldn't earn more than scientists?! A great actor is valued much more than some papermill scientists.
This is the order of things:

1. In July 10 2021, the second round of COVID19 occurred in China. The COVID19 entered China from Nanjing airport.

2. In July 21, The CCP Central Committee sent some investigation team to investigate whether the governments of Nanjing and surrounding cities have committed dereliction of duty. One of the investigation teams went to Hangzhou.

3. The Hangzhou working group did not find any dereliction of duty, but found that Zhou Jiangyong, Secretary of Hangzhou municipal Party committee, and a group of Hangzhou officials may have corruption, so the working group reported it to the CCDI.

4. On August 1, CCDI investigation team came to Hangzhou. On August 21, CCDI announced the arrest of Zhou Jiangyong, Secretary of Hangzhou municipal Party committee, and a group of Hangzhou officials.

Removing every record of zhao wei is just another example of ccp being dishonest. You guys think you can rewrite the history and remove someone from existence. Just like after Lin Biao died, all references of him was wiped clean as if he was never a part of ccp.

Last edited:
That is just pure arrogance and prejudice. Who said actors shouldn't earn more than scientists?! A great actor is valued much more than some papermill scientists.

Removing every record of zhao wei is just another example of ccp being dishonest. You guys think you can rewrite the history and remove someone from existence. Just like after Lin Biao died, all references of him was wiped clean as if he was never a part of ccp.
1. The CCP only expelled Lin Biao from the party, did not delete Lin Biao's history, nor did it revoke his military rank, and Lin Biao is still China's marshal, and many people have his portrait. The deeds of Lin Biao are also recorded in Chinese history textbooks.

Records of Lin Biao and Jiang Qing in history textbooks

Records of Lin Biao and Jiang Qing in history textbooks:
IMG_20210829_061059.jpg

2. The CCP will delete Zhao Wei's film works, but will not delete the online report on Zhao Wei.
The reason for deleting the works of criminal actors is that actors are usually the idols of fans, and young fans will imitate the behavior of idols. So we can't let our youth imitate criminals.

Although Zhao Wei's film was taken off the shelves, the reports on Zhao Wei on the Internet were not deleted:
IMG_20210829_062106.jpg

3, China expelled Lin Biao from the party because the Party Constitution stipulates that traitors must be expelled from the party. The deletion of Zhao Wei's works is also due to legal provisions.
But the Chinese will not delete history! You do not understand Chinese civilization. Even in the era of emperor dictatorship, the emperor will not interfere with the records of historical officials, this is a tradition.
The CCP even wrote the cultural revolution, the three-year famine and the Tiananmen Square incident in 1989 into history textbooks. What else dare not write? Chinese historians have written history books about some emperor's Sexual incompetence and some emperor's love for men. What dare they not write? Chinese civilization is based on history, and the act of deleting history is shaking the foundation of our national existence. Even the ancient Chinese understand this truth. How can the CCP not understand it?

History textbooks record the cultural revolution:
IMG_20210829_064029.jpg

One of the most violent emperors in China, Liu Che, Emperor Wu of the Han Dynasty. A history official, Sima Qian recorded many bad things about Liu Che in history. For example, a large number of taxes oppressed the people, imprisoned the queen, wronged and killed the crown prince, liked men and so on. Liu Che hated Sima Qian and often found reasons to beat Sima Qian, but Liu Che never asked Sima Qian to revise history.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor_Wu_of_Han

In any dynasty, Chinese people have a large number of historians recording history. The government has history officials, ministers will also leave their own records, and there are a large number of literati recording history among the people. The last Chinese Lord who wanted to revise history was Cui Zhu, in 548 BC. He wanted to revise history, but the history officials disagreed, so he killed the history officials. The three brothers of the history official still refused to revise history, so he killed them one by one. But the next day, he found that the family of history officials was crowded with other historians who were recording his atrocities. They told Cui Zhu that his atrocities would be recorded in history. No matter how many historical officials he killed, other historical officials would continue to work honestly.

http://www.chinaknowledge.de/History/Zhou/personscuizhu.html
Cui Zhu tried to modify the consequences of history and was scolded by history books for 2500 years, that is also a warning to all subsequent rulers.
v2-46b972f4eef39ecfb8f333228397f47a_r.jpg

Last edited:

The paper mill has no scientists, only engineers. Chinese scientists refer to the 1697 members of the Chinese Academy of Sciences.

@MH.Yang

first of all, thanks for the thread, we appreciate it alot, we are learning from your thread,
but my question is regarding the marriage process in China,
tell me, do chinese woman like Pakistani man ? whats thre thinking about Pakistani man ? what to do they like about Pakistani man ?
i want to marry a chinese woman, even if she is a christian, i wont mind.
but how can i find my match and ask her to come over here in Pakistan for marriage .
if you can share some websites link which operates in english to find chinese woman for marriage i will be thankful to you.
thanks.

Back
Top Bottom