What's new

I can answer questions about China and help you understand our country

Don't have the will to read 27 pages in search for the answer but how does CCP select and elect its members? Is there any criteria to be a member or that anyone can join the party? I heard they're more than 10M.
More than 100M.

1, The Chinese people have a very good impression of Pakistan, many Chinese think Pakistan is our best friend.
But Chinese people only have business visas to go to Pakistan, not tourist visas. Therefore, few Chinese travel to Pakistan, and the Chinese still lack understanding of Pakistan.

2, The Chinese do not pay much attention to India, nor do they hate it. After all, every time India clashes with China, India is unlucky in the end.
I believe Chinese don't care bcz they can't tell the difference between Pakistanis and Indians by just looking at them (though most Indians are a bit dark) just like South Asians can't tell the difference b/w Chinese, Japanese or South Koreans (apart from inhibitants from West and South West China).
More than 100M.
So anyone can become a member? And how do they decide which ones to promote?

No. There is a long process to be accepted. @MH.Yang would know the details of every step since he has gone through it.
Thanks. I would like to learn because here in Pakistan, we have family parties and only members of the family governing the country or their relatives or family members of their affiliated political families are selected as leaders-no actual hierarchy or mechanism to promote members-thus we have a very serious leadership crisis here in Pakistan.

Thanks. I would like to learn because here in Pakistan, we have family parties and only members of the family governing the country or their relatives or family members of their affiliated political families are selected as leaders-no actual hierarchy or mechanism to promote members-thus we have a very serious leadership crisis here in Pakistan.
Essentially, all parties are like that. A party is just a group of people united under one flag. The flag can be some pedigree like the family parties you mentioned, or some ideology, like communist party, democratic party, etc. The leadership issue usually has nothing to do with this flag but with the mentality of group members. For example, Russia communist party works differently from Chinese communist party, which also works differently from Korean communist party, though they largely share the same ideology.

Essentially, all parties are like that. A party is just a group of people united under one flag. The flag can be some pedigree like the family parties you mentioned, or some ideology, like communist party, democratic party, etc. The leadership issue usually has nothing to do with this flag but with the mentality of group members. For example, Russia communist party works differently from Chinese communist party, which also works differently from Korean communist party, though they largely share the same ideology.
Parties based on ideologies work differently where senior party leaders who spent decades in politics don't have to select an 18 years old kid as party chairman to lead them. It's like kingship; after sons and daughters, grandchildren are in line to rule the country.
Fortunately, CCP is an ideological party, or some grandson of Mao would have been ruling China.

Parties based on ideologies work differently where senior party leaders who spent decades in politics don't have to select an 18 years old kid as party chairman to lead them. It's like kingship; after sons and daughters, grandchildren are in line to rule the country.
Fortunately, CCP is an ideological party, or some grandson of Mao would have been ruling China.
Both ideology and kinship are some way to define who is within the group and who is without. Selecting an 18-year old as a party chairman may seem to be a wrong practice for some people but certainly not to those who support it. Kinship is a powerful glue to band people together and sometimes the unity is more important than competence of its leadership. After all, a great leader cannot accomplish anything if he cannot unite people around him.

That is not unexpected. All developing countries share similar kinship-based group mentality that defines a person more by his relationship in the group than his own individual traits or achievements.
I don't think that's something strictly restricted to developing countries. People of lower individual value pursue value from their group identity (race/nation). There will always be grouping based on such reasons because that's how evolution molded us, that's how identical genes survive. No matter how many institutional checks are created, the bell curve will create both leaders and their supporters of this category, that's just how humans are.

I don't think that's something strictly restricted to developing countries. People of lower individual value pursue value from their group identity (race/nation). There will always be grouping based on such reasons because that's how evolution molded us, that's how identical genes survive. No matter how many institutional checks are created, the bell curve will create both leaders and their supporters of this category, that's just how humans are.
Of course, it isn't black and white. Human beings have complex sentiments. Even those who tout individual values also have some group mentality, too. It is the balance (or imbalance) between the two that makes a person to accept one type of values more likely than another.

Chinese girls do not refuse foreign marriage. If you look like Afghans, you will be more popular, and if you look like an Indian, you may have some difficulties. Secondly, if you have money, high EQ and enough free time, you will be more acceptable.
There are not many Chinese who believe in Christianity, the vast majority of Chinese are atheists, followed by Buddhists and Muslims, and there are few Christian girls.
Chinese girls may be reluctant to live in Pakistan, why don't you consider settling in China?
Most Chinese are indifferent to religion. This is what I heard too. I am not saying all Chinese, but some are.

Most Chinese are indifferent to religion. This is what I heard too. I am not saying all Chinese, but some are.
Yes, most Chinese people are not interested in religion. But they don't mind that their friends and neighbors are religious, and they won't interfere in religious activities.

Back
Top Bottom