What's new

I can answer questions about China and help you understand our country

Actually this was the only thing that made me suspicious of China but thanks for clearing it although i will do more research myself as i also plan to go to china again. If i may ask another thing what do Chinese people think of us? I saw some Indians saying how china wants to colonize us i know that its false but i am just asking generally what do people think about us?

My next words may hurt your self-esteem. So, first of all, I apologize to you.
In 2020, China's exports to Pakistan had reach US $15.3 billion. And China's total exports in 2020 had be $2.8 trillion. Pakistan's market accounts for 0.5% of China's overseas market, Pakistan's market does not have colonial value.
But Pakistan does have what China needs.
First, Pakistan has a superior geographical location. China hopes to link the Indian Ocean through Pakistan and avoid the Strait of Malacca.
Second, Pakistan has a young population. China is facing the problems of reduced population growth rate and aging population. Many Chinese cities have seen negative population growth. China needs the young population of its neighbors.
You must be very proud. ;) Now, put it in some context and hopefully in Weibo. Wait, your weibo account was banned, wasn't it?

I can use it in weibo.

IMG_20211022_233643.jpg

Apparently you know very little about XinJiang and appear to only learn about it from news. The antagonism from Uyghurs is mainly towards Han Chinese. It was simply suppressed with brutal force from time to time, which gives you an illusion that the main conflict is with Hui, Tajik and Mongolian. In fact, those three make up very small portion of XinJiang population and oppression against those tiny minorities is usually ignored by the government.

In 2014, during the terrorist attack in Urumqi, the slogan shouted by the terrorists was: kill all the Hui and drive away the Han. From the slogan, they hate the Hui more.
The hatred between Uighurs and Tajiks is even more complicated(Persian and Turkic, Shiite and Sunni), now the peaceful coexistence of the two nationalities depends on the regulation of the Chinese govt. I don't know the reason for the contradiction between Uighurs and Mongols. Maybe it was the war and massacre in the Qing Dynasty? Or the problem between Islam and Tibetan Buddhism?

Last edited:
In 2014, during the terrorist attack in Urumqi, the slogan shouted by the terrorists was: kill all the Hui and drive away the Han. From the slogan, they hate the Hui more.
The hatred between Uighurs and Tajiks is even more complicated(Persian and Turkic, Shiite and Sunni), now the peaceful coexistence of the two nationalities depends on the regulation of the Chinese govt. I don't know the reason for the contradiction between Uighurs and Mongols. Maybe it was the war and massacre in the Qing Dynasty?
Hui population in XinJiang is less than 5% of the total population and they are quite indistinguishable from Han Chinese. I don't think Uyghurs hate Hui more than Han. They probably just bundle them together or they just think Hui are Muslim traitors and Han's ally. Also some Hui warlords controlled XinJiang after WWII for a while. Either way, Hui is insignificant in racial conflicts in XinJiang.

Hui population in XinJiang is less than 5% of the total population and they are quite indistinguishable from Han Chinese. I don't think Uyghurs hate Hui more than Han. They probably just bundle them together or they just think Hui are Muslim traitors and Han's ally. Also some Hui warlords controlled XinJiang after WWII for a while. Either way, Hui is insignificant in racial conflicts in XinJiang.

Have you ever considered three Uighur cities in southern Xinjiang. These cities are next to Qinghai Province, which has a large number of Hui people.

Tajik, Uighur and Hui are all Muslims. Don't use religion as an excuse for the conflict between these nationalities. When the Hui Majiajun ruled Northwest China, they often fought with the Uighurs. What does this have to do with the Han people?

Last edited:
Have you ever considered three Uighur cities in southern Xinjiang. These cities are next to Qinghai Province, which has a large number of Hui people.
That is southwest, not southeast. The area that is next to Qinghai Province is named "巴音郭楞蒙古自治州“. It is primarily Mongolian. Did you just come up with an idea without checking the map?

That is southwest, not southeast. The area that is next to Qinghai Province is named "巴音郭楞蒙古自治州“. It is primarily Mongolian. Did you just come up with an idea without checking the map?

Yes, I didn't look at the map. Just a moment. I'll check the map. And check the ethnic groups in the north of Tibet.

Yes, I didn't look at the map. Just a moment. I'll check the map. And check the ethnic groups in the north of Tibet.
Most Hui live in the north of XinJiang. Just like Han. Uyghurs who have more contact with Hui likely live in the north, too, and close to Gansu Province. These Uyghurs are generally more integrated with Han and Hui population due to trade and commerce. Those live in the southwest are more isolated from Han and Hui.

Most Hui live in the north of XinJiang. Just like Han. Uyghurs who have more contact with Hui likely live in the north, too, and close to Gansu Province. These Uyghurs are generally more integrated with Han and Hui population due to trade and commerce. Those live in the southwest are more isolated from Han and Hui.

In fact, the integration of Uighurs is more likely to be the problem of unbalanced economic development. The Han and Hui Nationalities in the north have convenient transportation and developed economy. The Tajiks in the West have oil fields. Mongols in the East and Tibetans in the South have pastures. Uighurs can only grow fruit. Of course, they will think it unfair. If we want to completely solve the problem of Uygur integration, we must start from solving the economic problem.

In fact, the integration of Uighurs is more likely to be the problem of unbalanced economic development. The Han and Hui Nationalities in the north have convenient transportation and developed economy. The Tajiks in the West have oil fields. Mongols in the East and Tibetans in the South have pastures. Uighurs can only grow fruit. Of course, they will think it unfair. If we want to completely solve the problem of Uygur integration, we must start from solving the economic problem.
Only when this imbalanced economic development is man-made. With the enforcement of HuKou, many people are pinned to small localities. For balanced economic development, you need to allow people to move around and seek out economic opportunities. But I don't think it is going to happen anytime soon. For your party, controlling is everything. Allowing people to move around is to make them less controllable. So, the imbalanced economic development will remain.

Also, oil fields are owned by the central government, not the local one, unlike coal mines. Because of that, neither Uyghurs nor Han Chinese benefit much from this vital resource, let alone Tajiks.

About foreign military bases, the Chinese have disputes over foreign military bases, and many people think it is a symbol of imperialism. I think China has no plan to significantly increase foreign military bases now.
Matter of time not will. China already has a huge military base in Djibouti.

Only when this imbalanced economic development is man-made. With the enforcement of HuKou, many people are pinned to small localities. For balanced economic development, you need to allow people to move around and seek out economic opportunities. But I don't think it is going to happen anytime soon. For your party, controlling is everything. Allowing people to move around is to make them less controllable. So, the imbalanced economic development will remain.

Also, oil fields are owned by the central government, not the local one, unlike coal mines. Because of that, neither Uyghurs nor Han Chinese benefit much from this vital resource, let alone Tajiks.

Now there are many Uighurs opening barbecue shops all over the country. Uighurs even unite to prohibit other ethnic Xinjiang people from using the store name "新疆买买提烤肉店". The hukou system has not too many other restrictions except to control where children study.

The biggest problem of Tajik is that they refuse to marry any other ethnic group, so their population growth rate is very low, but the Tajiks are not poor. I know a Tajik Zhihu-netizen who told me that most Tajiks are 有编制的 border militia, the entire border line of Pamir Plateau is patrolled by Tajik people. They can enjoy the benefits and treatment of soldiers. Moreover, Tashkurgan has a state-owned enterprise unit of PetroChina, which has brought a large number of jobs and economic development.

PS: The Tajik militia regiment took part in the war in 1962.

201713357_2_20200909043643599.jpg

201713357_4_20200909043643912.jpg

201713357_6_20200909043644193.jpg

In 2020, China's exports to Pakistan had reach US $15.3 billion. And China's total exports in 2020 had be $2.8 trillion. Pakistan's market accounts for 0.5% of China's overseas market, Pakistan's market does not have colonial value.
First, Pakistan has a superior geographical location. China hopes to link the Indian Ocean through Pakistan and avoid the Strait of Malacca.
Second, Pakistan has a young population. China is facing the problems of reduced population growth rate and aging population. Many Chinese cities have seen negative population growth. China needs the young population of its neighbors.

I can use it in weibo.

View attachment 786921
Nah this is ok

If that is the case, why is the Chinese government not speeding up the relocation of labor intensive industries to Pakistan as outlined under CPEC. The power plants are being built or have been built.

Your words don’t hurt our feelings because they are honest. So I hope you will be honest to tell us What is lacking in the relationship for China to make this shift. IMHO, A lot of Chinese money is being invested in unprofitable ventures inside China, but realistically potentially profitable ventures in Pakistan are being ignored (like modern agriculture). Is this the fault of private Chinese companies not wanted to invest outside of China, or something to do with policies of the Pakistani government.

I am especially interested to know why there is a delay in helping Pakistan modernize its agricultural industry, or at least there seems to be a perception that there is a delay or hesitation In the project, and I’m not sure where it’s coming from.

For China, the larger the economies of friendly nations grow the more China doesn’t have to be as reliant on potentially hostile nations. At least in food supplies, helping to modernize the agricultural industries of friendly neighboring countries will ensure food security for China, and a market that can afford to import more Chinese goods.

Back
Top Bottom