What's new

I can answer questions about China and help you understand our country

If that is the case, why is the Chinese government not speeding up the relocation of labor intensive industries to Pakistan as outlined under CPEC. The power plants are being built or have been built.

Your words don’t hurt our feelings because they are honest. So I hope you will be honest to tell us What is lacking in the relationship for China to make this shift. IMHO, A lot of Chinese money is being invested in unprofitable ventures inside China, but realistically potentially profitable ventures in Pakistan are being ignored (like modern agriculture). Is this the fault of private Chinese companies not wanted to invest outside of China, or something to do with policies of the Pakistani government.

I am especially interested to know why there is a delay in helping Pakistan modernize its agricultural industry, or at least there seems to be a perception that there is a delay or hesitation In the project, and I’m not sure where it’s coming from.

For China, the larger the economies of friendly nations grow the more China doesn’t have to be as reliant on potentially hostile nations. At least in food supplies, helping to modernize the agricultural industries of friendly neighboring countries will ensure food security for China, and a market that can afford to import more Chinese goods.

If you pay attention to the Chinese members of PDF, you will find that they are not willing to comment on the internal affairs of other countries, unless they deliberately humiliate India and other unfriendly countries, because this is the custom of the Confucian cultural circle. But now that you have asked candidly, I will also reply candidly to my own views.

First of all, let's talk about agricultural modernization. I don't know the situation of rural Pakistan, but I can talk about why rural China can realize agricultural modernization so quickly. China's land ownership belongs to the state, while the right to use belongs to the villagers' collective of each village. The villagers collectively distribute the land to each family according to the population, and make statistics and distribution again every 30 years. Every township in China has agricultural technology stations to distribute and sell high-quality seeds, fertilizers, agricultural machinery and other commodities according to scientific statistics. Each agricultural technology station has enough technicians responsible for popularizing and educating the latest agricultural planting technology. These conditions allow the Chinese govt to have a very strong control over land and have sufficient channels to promote new agricultural technologies. I don't know whether Chinese enterprises have encountered problems in their investment in modern agriculture in Pakistan, but I guess the difficulty of promoting modern agriculture in the two countries should be different.

Let's talk about the transfer of labor-intensive enterprises in China. In recent years, China has been driving labor-intensive enterprises out of China because of industrial upgrading, environmental protection and labor shortage. Please allow me to use the word "drive out", because canceling the export tax rebate treatment of these low profit enterprises just is drive out them to leave. China mainly guides these enterprises to enter the Mekong region (Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia) and CEPC region (Pakistan). But most of the garment processing industries chose Vietnam, Bangladesh and Ethiopia (Even Ethiopia is in the civil war). The fruit and vegetable processing industry went to Thailand, Laos and Cambodia. The toy industry went to Thailand and Malaysia. Let me talk about China's special preferential treatment to Pakistan:
1, China unilaterally gives Pakistan 0 tariff treatment. When Pakistani goods enter China, the tariff is 0. When Chinese goods enter Pakistan, the tariff is 5-35%. In 2020, China's total consumption was 39.2 trillion CNY, six times that of India. This means that enterprises investing in Pakistan can have a market six times larger than India. This has greatly enhanced Pakistan's attractiveness to foreign investment.http://fta.mofcom.gov.cn/topic/enpakistan.shtml
2, In order to keep Pakistan's economy stable, China agreed to exchange 20 billion yuan currency with Pakistan at a fixed exchange rate (20 billion yuan for 351 billion PKR) every year. This means that Pakistan can obtain 20 billion CNY foreign exchange every year without being affected by currency depreciation (CNY is a currency with stable appreciation). It could also warn international hedge funds not to target Pakistan. https://m.economictimes.com/news/in...p-deal-with-pakistan/articleshow/64305181.cms
IMG_20210924_220407.jpg

3, The Chinese govt selected flagship state-owned enterprises to take the lead in transferring labor-intensive manufacturing industries to Pakistan. For example, Guangdong Meiya group built industrial parks in Lahore and kasul to transfer the textile industry, and Bubugao group(OPPO&VIVO) transferred the electronic product manufacturing industry to Pakistan. And many large state-owned enterprises in energy and transportation are also investing in Pakistan according to the orders of the Chinese govt.

In the process of transferring Chinese labor-intensive enterprises, the Chinese govt has given Pakistan the most preferential treatment and help. If the result is not good, I also think that there must be some reasons.

@MH.Yang

Are there greek restaurants in china? Whats your word for greeks and Greece in general?

@MH.Yang

Are there greek restaurants in china? Whats your word for greeks and Greece in general?
Chinese word for Greece is Xila, derived from Helas.

There are every type of restaurants in China as the big cities are very cosmopolitan.

@MH.Yang

Of course. Chinese people like different specialties, so China has many restaurants with country characteristics, I've even been to Rwandan restaurants in China. Chinese people also love culture and history, so there are many Greek restaurants here.
PS:I like yogurt in Greek restaurants and grilled seafood.
IMG_20211025_002240.jpg

The Chinese generally have a good impression of the Greeks. First, Greece is an ancient civilized country. Second, in 2011, China urgently withdrew tens of thousands of overseas Chinese from Libya. The Greek govt helped us to relocate our personnel to Crete. Third, because of the Xinjiang issue, the Chinese generally do not like Turkey.

Of course. Chinese people like different specialties, so China has many restaurants with country characteristics, I've even been to Rwandan restaurants in China. Chinese people also love culture and history, so there are many Greek restaurants here.
View attachment 787409

The Chinese generally have a good impression of the Greeks. First, Greece is an ancient civilized country. Second, in 2011, China urgently withdrew tens of thousands of overseas Chinese from Libya. The Greek govt helped us to relocate our personnel to Crete. Third, because of the Xinjiang issue, the Chinese generally do not like Turkey.
Although I’ve seen more Turkish restaurants and ice cream stores in China than Greek.

View attachment 787409

Thank you for the explanation. Thats interesting to know. We used to have more chinese tourists but Corona brought this down to almost zero.

We dont agree with evrything the chinese government does but i think in general Greece and China have good relations.

That said its always interesting, that the "ancient countries" tend to stand together when needed. We had huge wild fires this summer and Egypt send help and said that our people know each other since thousands of years and stand united through most of this time.

@tower9 thank you for your explanation as well. Interesting that you use the word Hellas.

Do you have greek stuff in China, i mean historic things? Greece had many kingdoms in central asia after Alexanders conquests there and i honestly dont know if some later on ended on land now part of China?

Thank you for the explanation. Thats interesting to know. We used to have more chinese tourists but Corona brought this down to almost zero.

We dont agree with evrything the chinese government does but i think in general Greece and China have good relations.

That said its always interesting, that the "ancient countries" tend to stand together when needed. We had huge wild fires this summer and Egypt send help and said that our people know each other since thousands of years and stand united through most of this time.

@tower9 thank you for your explanation as well. Interesting that you use the word Hellas.

Do you have greek stuff in China, i mean historic things? Greece had many kingdoms in central asia after Alexanders conquests there and i honestly dont know if some later on ended on land now part of China?
Ancient China had relations with some of the ancient Greco Bactrian kingdoms in Central Asia. I believe there were cultural exchanges back then. It is believed that there is some Greek influence with the ancient Buddha sculptures coming from Central Asia so perhaps that also influenced early Buddhist sculptures.

According to Chinese historical records, in 36 BC, Han generals Gan Yanshou and Chen Tang met a special Hun army when they fought with the Huns. These armies used the rare large shields and square arrays of the Oriental army, wore strange armor, and the soldiers' skin and faces were different from other Huns. After defeating the special Hun army, the Han Army brought the prisoners back to China and placed them in Yongchang County, Gansu Province. These people may be the eastern crusades of the Roman Empire that disappeared after the defeat of Kalle in 53 BC.
The descendants of these people are still in Yongchang, Gansu Province, and their faces are obviously different from other Chinese people.

If you pay attention to the Chinese members of PDF, you will find that they are not willing to comment on the internal affairs of other countries, unless they deliberately humiliate India and other unfriendly countries, because this is the custom of the Confucian cultural circle. But now that you have asked candidly, I will also reply candidly to my own views.

First of all, let's talk about agricultural modernization. I don't know the situation of rural Pakistan, but I can talk about why rural China can realize agricultural modernization so quickly. China's land ownership belongs to the state, while the right to use belongs to the villagers' collective of each village. The villagers collectively distribute the land to each family according to the population, and make statistics and distribution again every 30 years. Every township in China has agricultural technology stations to distribute and sell high-quality seeds, fertilizers, agricultural machinery and other commodities according to scientific statistics. Each agricultural technology station has enough technicians responsible for popularizing and educating the latest agricultural planting technology. These conditions allow the Chinese govt to have a very strong control over land and have sufficient channels to promote new agricultural technologies. I don't know whether Chinese enterprises have encountered problems in their investment in modern agriculture in Pakistan, but I guess the difficulty of promoting modern agriculture in the two countries should be different.

Let's talk about the transfer of labor-intensive enterprises in China. In recent years, China has been driving labor-intensive enterprises out of China because of industrial upgrading, environmental protection and labor shortage. Please allow me to use the word "drive out", because canceling the export tax rebate treatment of these low profit enterprises just is drive out them to leave. China mainly guides these enterprises to enter the Mekong region (Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia) and CEPC region (Pakistan). But most of the garment processing industries chose Vietnam, Bangladesh and Ethiopia (Even Ethiopia is in the civil war). The fruit and vegetable processing industry went to Thailand, Laos and Cambodia. The toy industry went to Thailand and Malaysia. Let me talk about China's special preferential treatment to Pakistan:
1, China unilaterally gives Pakistan 0 tariff treatment. When Pakistani goods enter China, the tariff is 0. When Chinese goods enter Pakistan, the tariff is 5-35%. In 2020, China's total consumption was 39.2 trillion CNY, six times that of India. This means that enterprises investing in Pakistan can have a market six times larger than India. This has greatly enhanced Pakistan's attractiveness to foreign investment.http://fta.mofcom.gov.cn/topic/enpakistan.shtml
2, In order to keep Pakistan's economy stable, China agreed to exchange 20 billion yuan currency with Pakistan at a fixed exchange rate (20 billion yuan for 351 billion PKR) every year. This means that Pakistan can obtain 20 billion CNY foreign exchange every year without being affected by currency depreciation (CNY is a currency with stable appreciation). It could also warn international hedge funds not to target Pakistan. https://m.economictimes.com/news/in...p-deal-with-pakistan/articleshow/64305181.cms
View attachment 787401
3, The Chinese govt selected flagship state-owned enterprises to take the lead in transferring labor-intensive manufacturing industries to Pakistan. For example, Guangdong Meiya group built industrial parks in Lahore and kasul to transfer the textile industry, and Bubugao group(OPPO&VIVO) transferred the electronic product manufacturing industry to Pakistan. And many large state-owned enterprises in energy and transportation are also investing in Pakistan according to the orders of the Chinese govt.

In the process of transferring Chinese labor-intensive enterprises, the Chinese govt has given Pakistan the most preferential treatment and help. If the result is not good, I also think that there must be some reasons.

Thank you for laying out the details and opportunities being given to Pakistan, while being polite in not criticizing the current government or any previous government. Much seems to be offered to Pakistan , and it is up to the Pakistani government/business class to manage themselves to best utilize the opportunities given.

In the US farmland is taxed regardless of productivity, so that is probably the best way considering private land ownership in Pakistan, to ensure the best use of the land. It will also eventually lead to larger farms, mostly corporate farms but so be it, unless small farmers can keep up, which is what I hope Pakistani farmers can find a way to do; utilize the cheap labor force to keep small farms profitable and maximize productivity; win win.

Last edited:
Q: Beidou system ( BDS) was said to be operational months back. But I have yet to see a device using BDS ( India), everything is GPS. Not even a beidou app is seen. I believe it's SMS feature will make it a favorite over GPS in remote areas without phone coverage.
Is Beidou app available, or will it have to be in-built in the device at production?

According to Chinese historical records, in 36 BC, Han generals Gan Yanshou and Chen Tang met a special Hun army when they fought with the Huns. These armies used the rare large shields and square arrays of the Oriental army, wore strange armor, and the soldiers' skin and faces were different from other Huns. After defeating the special Hun army, the Han Army brought the prisoners back to China and placed them in Yongchang County, Gansu Province. These people may be the eastern crusades of the Roman Empire that disappeared after the defeat of Kalle in 53 BC.
The descendants of these people are still in Yongchang, Gansu Province, and their faces are obviously different from other Chinese people.
Chinese record-keeping is without equal.. in the details, fidelity and objectivity. Again and again and yet again claims on their historical records have been proven by newly unearthed material remains.

Q: Beidou system ( BDS) was said to be operational months back. But I have yet to see a device using BDS ( India), everything is GPS. Not even a beidou app is seen. I believe it's SMS feature will make it a favorite over GPS in remote areas without phone coverage.
Is Beidou app available, or will it have to be in-built in the device at production?
Wouldn’t beidou be banned in India due to politics?

The BDS app can be downloaded and used.

mmexport1635164797360.jpg

mmexport1635164794367.jpg

Ancient China had relations with some of the ancient Greco Bactrian kingdoms in Central Asia. I believe there were cultural exchanges back then. It is believed that there is some Greek influence with the ancient Buddha sculptures coming from Central Asia so perhaps that also influenced early Buddhist sculptures.
The entire idea of sculptures came from Greece. Before Alexander the Great, there was no Buddha statues or sculptures at all.

Back
Top Bottom