What's new

I can answer questions about China and help you understand our country

Guy , Please use polite language, it will help you gain the respect of others. If you don't need to be treated with respect, forget I said it.
and Please don't reply to me, I don't like talking to someone who has no manners . I am not your brother either.
In colloquial English, "oh brother" is just an exclamation, like "oh God" or "oh boy". It is not to address another person. So, he wasn't calling you his brother. Just like saying "oh God" isn't calling someone God.
'Every' is an absolute word. I've seen some Chinese with different views on the SCS.
That is a natural habit of people imbued in collectivism but quite alien to those who embrace individualism. It feels stronger and more convincing when you hide yourself behind a big group of people. That is why sweeping statements are fairly common among mainland Chinese. And if you happen to be a Chinese and don't agree with them, they kick you out of the group of Chinese. :)

In colloquial English, "oh brother" is just an exclamation, like "oh God" or "oh boy". It is not to address another person. So, he wasn't calling you his brother. Just like saying "oh God" isn't calling someone God.

That is a natural habit of people imbued in collectivism but quite alien to those who embrace individualism. It feels stronger and more convincing when you hide yourself behind a big group of people. That is why sweeping statements are fairly common among mainland Chinese. And if you happen to be a Chinese and don't agree with them, they kick you out of the group of Chinese. :)

I'm sorry, you misunderstood collectivism.
First of all, the Chinese believe in Confucianism. The core idea of Confucianism is "中庸". The main feature of "中庸" is that they don't make extreme choices in anything.
China's collectivism is also based on "中庸", so the Chinese people will not exclude dissidents, which is an extreme behavior.
You can see that the Chinese never ask people from other countries to follow Chinese values and will not exclude countries with different values, because that is also an extreme behavior.

We don't exclude different opinions at the national level. Why do you think we exclude different opinions at the social level?

I think you may mistakenly regard China as the Soviet Union and the USA, China has no NKVD and FBI.

Last edited:
I think you may mistakenly regard China as the Soviet Union and the USA, China has no NKVD and FBI.

Article 4 of the Criminal Procedure Law of the People's Republic of China gives the MSS the same authority to arrest or detain people as regular police for crimes involving state security with identical supervision by the procuratorates and the courts.[9] The National Intelligence Law of 2017 grants the MSS broad powers to conduct many types of espionage both domestically and abroad, it also gives the MSS the power to administratively detain those who impede or divulge information on intelligence work for up to 15 days

MSS functions as China's intelligence, security and secret police agency.[11] A document from the U.S. Department of Justice described the agency as being like a combination of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)

Last edited:

Article 4 of the Criminal Procedure Law of the People's Republic of China gives the MSS the same authority to arrest or detain people as regular police for crimes involving state security with identical supervision by the procuratorates and the courts.[9] The National Intelligence Law of 2017 grants the MSS broad powers to conduct many types of espionage both domestically and abroad, it also gives the MSS the power to administratively detain those who impede or divulge information on intelligence work for up to 15 days

MSS functions as China's intelligence, security and secret police agency.[11] A document from the U.S. Department of Justice described the agency as being like a combination of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)

If you don't destroy public facilities or traffic order and insult martyrs, the Ministry of public security won't care about you.

MSS has only the right to counter espionage, not to suppress dissent, unless it receives money from the CIA.

And the FBI's suppression of organizations such as the Black Panther Party and SPUSA is to suppress dissent, because these organizations don't take China&Russia's money.

Last edited:
If you don't destroy public facilities or traffic order and insult martyrs, the Ministry of public security won't care about you.

MSS has only the right to counter espionage, not to suppress dissent, unless it receives money from the CIA.

That's pretty much the same in the US. The typical person has never dealt with the FBI.

And the FBI's suppression of organizations such as the Black Panther Party

Now that's a real fun Party. They and the Nazi Party could have yearly group cookouts where they share stories of their wonderful beliefs. They can call it the "Annual Lovefest of Hate".

Last edited:
That's pretty much the same in the US. The typical person has never dealt with the FBI.

Now that's a real fun group. They and the Nazi's could have yearly group cookouts where they share stories of their wonderful beliefs. They can call it the "Annual Lovefest of Hate".

SPUSA is a Communist Organization. Now you told me it cooperated with the Nazi organization?
Communism is the extreme left and the Nazis are the extreme right.

You obviously don't know SPUSA, even if it has 100+k party members. An American has never heard of it. Do you still think it has not been suppressed?

Last edited:
I'm here to explain the problem, not to quarrel. Every Chinese has the same answer about the South China Sea.
What answer? Why not share with other non chinese here? You are saying every chinese has the same thoughts as the party?

SPUSA is a Communist Organization. Now you told me it cooperated with the Nazi organization?

Read again I was talking about the Black Panthers

You obviously don't know SPUSA, even if it has 100+k party members. An American has never heard of it. Do you still think it has not been suppressed?

Of course I know about them..but they are basically in name only.

Does anybody even recognize this face?
Screen Shot 2021-08-19 at 12.56.07 AM.jpg

He ran for BOTH the SPUSA and the Green Party. Is that silly or what?

Read again I was talking about the Black Panthers

Of course I know about them..but they are basically in name only.

Does anybody even recognize this face?
View attachment 771115
He ran for BOTH the SPUSA and the Green Party. Is that silly or what?

Of course, I know the current situation of SPUSA. I guess SPUSA's leadership all should be the CIA agents.

In China, the right-wing Chinese KMT has 13 members in the National People's Congress. Is there a representative of the left-wing Communist Party in the USA?

My question is could you please pick a better nickname than Iron Brother?
In Chinese culture, iron represents firmness, stability and trustworthiness. If a Chinese uses "iron" to address you, it means that he trusts you and believes that his friendship with you is stable and reliable.
And Chinese people attach great importance to family, because family members will go through difficulties and dangers together, if a Chinese uses "brother" to call you, it means that he thinks his friendship with you has passed the test.
I can also explain that "iron" represents the quality level and "brother" represents product certification.

My question is could you please pick a better nickname than Iron Brother?
😄 :smitten:
In Chinese, the best word for a very good relationship between two people is "iron".

铁哥们,我们的关系很铁。铁=iron you can use translator https://www.deepl.com/translator#
老铁。The word directly translates as the old iron. The actual meaning is that the most friendly calling, indicating a close relationship between two people. It is the most intimate word in Chinese, and there is no word with a deeper degree than it.

Back
Top Bottom