What's new

I can answer questions about China and help you understand our country

I have a question @MH.Yang .

Why China stays quiet when China knows that India is killing Chinese engineers. For example on recent Indian attack where 9 Chinese engineers were killed near Dasu, Chinese response was tammed. India also attacked Chinese embassy in Karachi. RAW attempted to assassinate Chinese Ambassador in Quetta Serena hotel attack.

All the proofs have been shared with China, why is China not taking any action???

Are Indians right when they say Chinese are cowards?

Thankyou.

Another question @MH.Yang . And BTW thanks to your patient and lengthy replies.

Question is on policiing. Do chinese police patrol on cars and catch people speeding or suspicious etc ?do they collect bribes and let people go ? do they have any "collection drives" at month end etc to bring up revenue of their city or district ?

If you report to police anything small - like theft etc ? will they acknowledge the complaint or dismiss it.
Chinese police will not use police cars to chase criminal vehicles because it will bring danger to citizens. Chinese police often use road closures to catch criminals.
Speeding vehicles will be photographed by the camera, and the owner will pay the fine himself. There is no need to chase.
Don't bribe the police. The police won't accept it because you don't give enough money to buy his job. I suggest you say a few words to admit your mistake and ask him to give you another chance. Or if you have a friend from the local police station, you can call him to plead.

In China, you have to use interpersonal relationships to deal with your troubles. If you just take out the money, you'll screw things up.

The police did not collect money. They belong to the police station, not the tax bureau. The police collected money at the end month. In my decades of life, I have never seen or even heard of it in China.

Because Chinese don't like to use cash, pickpockets are not many. Thieves usually steal motorcycles. If the amount is small (no more than 2000 CNY), the police will only accept the report and will not investigate. You can only pray that the thief will be caught in other cases.

Attachments

• 5b0988e595225.cdn.sohucs-3.jpg
    5b0988e595225.cdn.sohucs-3.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
I have a question @MH.Yang .

Why China stays quiet when China knows that India is killing Chinese engineers. For example on recent Indian attack where 9 Chinese engineers were killed near Dasu, Chinese response was tammed. India also attacked Chinese embassy in Karachi. RAW attempted to assassinate Chinese Ambassador in Quetta Serena hotel attack.

All the proofs have been shared with China, why is China not taking any action???

Are Indians right when they say Chinese are cowards?

Thankyou.
I think China's intelligence agencies will investigate and retaliate.
China's intelligence agencies are low-key that many people don't even know its name. But this is not because it is weak, but because it is strong.
For example, on October 5, 2011, Thai drug traffickers killed 13 Chinese.
In April 2012, Chinese undercover tricked drug traffickers into Laos, all these drug traffickers were caught in Laos.
In March 2013, they were all executed in China.

Attachments

• img.kongzhong.jpg
    img.kongzhong.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 08f790529822720ed1d0b5007bcb0a46f21fab2a.jpg
    08f790529822720ed1d0b5007bcb0a46f21fab2a.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Chinese police will not use police cars to chase criminal vehicles because it will bring danger to citizens. Chinese police often use road closures to catch criminals.
Speeding vehicles will be photographed by the camera, and the owner will pay the fine himself. There is no need to chase.
Don't bribe the police. The police won't accept it because you don't give enough money to buy his job. I suggest you say a few words to admit your mistake and ask him to give you another chance. Or if you have a friend from the local police station, you can call him to plead.

In China, you have to use interpersonal relationships to deal with your troubles. If you just take out the money, you'll screw things up.

The police did not collect money. They belong to the police station, not the tax bureau. The police collected money at the end month. In my decades of life, I have never seen or even heard of it in China.

Because Chinese don't like to use cash, pickpockets are not many. Thieves usually steal motorcycles. If the amount is small (no more than 2000 CNY), the police will only accept the report and will not investigate. You can only pray that the thief will be caught in other cases.

When i said collect money i did not mean they will directly take money from people. They just enforce all these numerous traffic rules much more strictly at end of month so they can collect fines for their department.

It is interesting you said you cant buy the police man job. Are police well paid in china ? one reason the police in usa is not corrupt on daily exchanges with people is that they are very well paid with excellent overtimes and life long penssions.

The biggest feature of corruption in China is concealment. Anti corruption institutions need to conduct a lot of investigations to find evidence, because there are almost no public acts such as asking for bribes.
And I personally feel that the most serious corruption in China is municipal and county-level officials. Although provincial government organs have greater power, they are more honest. I don't understand why.

I think the alleviation of poverty may be helping lessening corruption. I remember hearing a story from some friends about 15 years ago about how some local government got a huge grant to build some big educational center..but pocketed the money instead.

Each time low paid investigators were sent to find out what happened the local officials simply paid them off to keep quiet. Eventually no more investigators were sent.

That probably would get harder and harder to successfully pull off as incomes rise.

When i said collect money i did not mean they will directly take money from people. They just enforce all these numerous traffic rules much more strictly at end of month so they can collect fines for their department.

It is interesting you said you cant buy the police man job. Are police well paid in china ? one reason the police in usa is not corrupt on daily exchanges with people is that they are very well paid with excellent overtimes and life long penssions.

Chinese police are middle-income(In Zhuzhou, the annual income of middle and low-level police is 120000 to 200000 CNY), but they have lifelong benefits.
I said you can't afford his job. I mean, if he takes your money, his job will be lost. Is the money you give enough compensation? If the amount is too large, he may go to jail.
In China, don't use money to bribe the police, use interpersonal relationships.
Because not through money, but through interpersonal relationships to exchange benefits. It is difficult for China's anti-corruption agencies to investigate such corruption.
As I said, corruption in China is characterized by concealment.
If you are stupid enough to take out your money in public, the police will punish you more to prove hisself.

The police station has no independent financial right, and the fines they receive need to be handed over to the Financial Bureau.

But in China, you need to know this:
1, Almost all institutions have work indicators. If they fail to meet the indicators at the end of the year, they will be punished. Although the police can't get your fine, they will be more strict if they don't meet the target by the end of the year.
In Zhuzhou, the police usually don't care whether you wear a seat belt when driving, but they will frantically check this at the end of the year. Not wearing a seat belt will not be fined, but the driver's license will be recorded. I guess Zhuzhou police usually deliberately let you relax your vigilance in order to easily complete the work target by the end of the year.
2. The police station has no independent financial power, but the anti-corruption agency has independent financial power. I hope you understand what this means.

Last edited:
I said that corruption is often due to lack of supervision. I didn't say that China's civil servants lack supervision.

Within the CCP, it has the Discipline Inspection&Supervision committee(DIS) with great power. The DIS has independent investigation power, financial power and personnel power. It is an independent judicial institution.
Outside the CCP, the Chinese government has the Supervision Bureau and the anti-corruption bureau. The Supervision Bureau is an institution that supervises government personnel for a long time. The power of the anti-corruption bureau is similar to that of the Independent Commission against corruption in Hong Kong and the corruption investigation bureau in Singapore.

Because China's powerful three-overlap anti-corruption organization. The biggest feature of corruption in China is that it is often personal behavior.
It is not like the ubiquitous social corruption in the Philippines. For example, you can give the Philippines police some money and he will lend you his gun to take pictures.
It is not institutional corruption like the USA, for example, the USA legalizes political bribery. Corruption in China is often characterized by concealment and personalization.

Your biggest misunderstanding is that China's rights lack supervision by public opinion. In fact, China has strong public opinion supervision. Because China has a large number of Internet users, any mistakes made by the government will be told by the Internet to the whole country in a very short time.

The Chinese government also encourages Internet public opinion supervision. Every city has a mayor's hotline, which you can complain directly to the mayor. China's three-overlap anti-corruption agencies all accept online complaints and reports. Sun Zhengcai, a former member of China's Political Bureau, was arrested because he was reported by the Internet and triggered an investigation by the DIS. At that time, he was already regarded as the successor of the Chinese Premier.
In English, "lack of" means insufficient, not inexistence. You don't need to list all the disciplinary laws or regulations. The fact that the frequent revelation of high ranking officials caught with jaw dropping corruption shows the supervision is insufficient. Maybe you can say supervision is both strong and insufficient. That is just playing with words.

In English, "lack of" means insufficient, not inexistence. You don't need to list all the disciplinary laws or regulations. The fact that the frequent revelation of high ranking officials caught with jaw dropping corruption shows the supervision is insufficient. Maybe you can say supervision is both strong and insufficient. That is just playing with words.
In China, There are often some corrupt senior officials are investigated and punished, which just proves that China has strong supervision.

Without strong supervision, how can these corrupt senior officials be found out?

Are there senior officials often caught in countries that are very corrupt, such as India and the Philippines?

In China, There are often some corrupt senior officials are investigated and punished, which just proves that China has strong supervision.

Without strong supervision, how can these corrupt senior officials be found out?

Are there senior officials often caught in countries that are very corrupt, such as India and the Philippines?
Please, I thought after runaway success in recent years, Chinese people should have the enough pride to compare up, not compare down.

Please, I thought after runaway success in recent years, Chinese people should have the enough pride to compare up, not compare down.
I just want to tell you that there is corruption in China, but there is no systematic and social corruption. China has a strong power supervision organization. Moreover, with the popularization of network supervision and the development of China's economy, China's corruption situation has been greatly improved.

I just want to tell you that there is corruption in China, but there is no systematic and social corruption. China has a strong power supervision organization. Moreover, with the popularization of network supervision and the development of China's economy, China's corruption situation has been greatly improved.
Look, it was you who brought up the "lack of" and the "strong". Confusing as they are, you don't have to explain them to me. It would be good enough that you can explain them to yourself.

I come from Zhuzhou City, Hunan Province, China. I am a foreign trade manager of a state-owned enterprise, mainly selling cemented carbide products.

Zhuzhou is experiencing the second wave of epidemic, and I was left in Hong Kong because of the closure of the city.

The number of new crown patients in Zhuzhou is the sixth in China and one of the cities with the highest risk level. So I will introduce the current situation of the epidemic in China.

If you have any questions about China, you can ask me and I will try my best to answer them.

Yesterday, 5 new crown patients were added in our city, and the existing patients reached 29.
View attachment 768444
No offense but judging your knowledge in chinese domestic politics I doubt you are just a trade representative.
What you think of China claim in the south sea? Is it justified?

No offense but judging your knowledge in chinese domestic politics I doubt you are just a trade representative.
What you think of China claim in the south sea? Is it justified?
I'm here to explain the problem, not to quarrel. Every Chinese has the same answer about the South China Sea.

Back
Top Bottom