What's new

I can answer questions about China and help you understand our country

OK, my elders taught me that the reason why we become a CCP is that it can make our short life meaningful.
Because becoming a Chinese Communist means choosing sacrifice and dedication.
My grandfather died the year I was born, I didn't know him so much. My grandmother told me that my grandfather used to be a driver of the 87th division of the KMT. Later, the 87th division joined the CCP army. After the outbreak of the Korean War, my grandfather signed up to go to Korea and joined the CCP late.
My parents are civil servants. They graduated from Hunan Agricultural University and are classmates.
My mother worked in Hunan Academy of Agricultural Sciences and contributed to the research of hybrid rice in China. But my mother is very modest. She often tells me that she is only an ordinary member of thousands of researchers of hybrid rice projects in 13 provinces in southern China. She did not make much contribution to the project, but her participation in this scientific research made her life meaningful.
My father was an administrative official. In 1994, there was a flood in Zhuzhou, which overflowed the Xiangjiang River embankment. My father left me alone in the home and go to the riverbank. When the embankment at Lukou section of Zhuzhou was blocked, he and other CCP members and PLA soldiers jumped into the water and blocked the water with their bodies. After the flood, all the CCP members in Zhuzhou donated a month's income to repair the river embankment.
In 1999, I was admitted to the NUDT, it is a military academy in Hunan. In 2002, there was a flood in Hunan. I followed the school's MRBC to fight the flood in Dongting Lake. Although the students were not allowed to go up the riverbank in the end, I saw with my own eyes once again what the CCP member and the PLA should do in the face of disaster.
Similar with what I have experienced back in China. Mostly, powerless CCP members are decent, honest citizens who care deeply about China and her future. Somehow, the more power you get, the more likely you would become corrupted and CCP has no good way to prevent it until it bursts out like a cold sore. I guess power opens up opportunities for the inner evil to reveal itself.

Therefore, the seemingly innocent appearance of ordinary members of CCP can be misleading. They may not be nice as they look. They could simply have no opportunity to do evil.

Similar with what I have experienced back in China. Mostly, powerless CCP members are decent, honest citizens who care deeply about China and her future. Somehow, the more power you get, the more likely you would become corrupted and CCP has no good way to prevent it until it bursts out like a cold sore. I guess power opens up opportunities for the inner evil to reveal itself.

Therefore, the seemingly innocent appearance of ordinary members of CCP can be misleading. They may not be nice as they look. They could simply have no opportunity to do evil.
Corruption also exists in China, and there are many corrupt CCPmember. But I think China's corruption is controllable now, not as exaggerated as you say, at least there is no social corruption.

I don't think corruption comes from power, but from the lack of supervision.The gap between the rich and the poor and the imperfect legal system also may lead to corruption.

What dish you should try when you visit China for the first time?

Apart from military installations, are there any areas that are prohibited for a tourist?

If certain websites are banned in China, how come VPN is allowed? (I always find it strange).

Is it true that you get scores / points as per your social behavior?

Corruption also exists in China, and there are many corrupt CCPmember. But I think China's corruption is controllable now, not as exaggerated as you say, at least there is no social corruption.

I don't think corruption comes from power, but from the lack of supervision.The gap between the rich and the poor and the imperfect legal system also may lead to corruption.
It is definitely not from the lack of supervision. For ordinary powerless CCP members, who is supervising them and keeping them in check for corruption? Nobody! That is certainly a "lack" of supervision. But are they corrupt?

Nobody would even try to bride you if you have no power. That would be a completely waste of money. All actuated corruption comes from power. Powerless folks can only entertain mental corruption and dream about how they would become rich should they have power.

Power will corrupt everyone and CCP members aren't immune to it. The issue with CCP is that you don't admit it and that is the very source of "lack of supervision". Of course, if power doesn't corrupt you, why would you want to be closely supervised?

The United States prints paper money that can be exchanged for wealth in any country,

Yes, and so do other countries...like China! This isn't just a US thing. The only difference is many countries feel your paper is worthless and won't take it.

and if any country does not recognize this paper money, the United States will attack that country.
Oh brother! Typical daft Chinese mindset...

Last edited:
Which country got rich by not trading with China?

Um...China only opened up in the 1970's...were all countries poor before that??? :rolleyes1:

Again this goes back to most Chinese thinking the modern world didn't start until the 1990's...which is very very bizarre. It's been around a lot longer than that but unfortunately the average Chinese person wasn't experiencing it. :no:

Last edited:
I have an American friend who is an anarchist. He often says: Power will corrupt everyone.

I think he thinks so because he doesn't trust his government. But the Chinese trust the government.

I have an American friend who is an anarchist. He often says: Power will corrupt everyone.

I think he thinks so because he doesn't trust his government. But the Chinese trust the government.
Everyone says that. Not just anarchists, who tend to be on the extreme end of distrust of government.

And the distrust of government is ingrained in American psyche. The country was found based on the assumption that power corrupts. That is why the whole political structure is designed to have elaborate check-and-balance. In another word, sufficient supervision, which CCP lacks or chooses not to have. Your trust in government makes sure CCP will never have enough supervision to prevent corruption.

Everyone says that. Not just anarchists, who tend to be on the extreme end of distrust of government.

And the distrust of government is ingrained in American psyche. The country was found based on the assumption that power corrupts. That is why the whole political structure is designed to have elaborate check-and-balance. In another word, sufficient supervision, which CCP lacks or chooses not to have. Your trust in government makes sure CCP will never have enough supervision to prevent corruption.

Although it is a one party country, the Chinese government has a strong supervisory organization.
Moreover, China's corruption is indeed less and less, which is obvious.

Although it is a one party country, the Chinese government has a strong supervisory organization.
Moreover, China's corruption is indeed less and less, which is obvious.
I doubt you have any data to back your claim and you are claiming both strong supervision and the lack of supervision. Not sure whether you have made up your mind or you are still wondering yourself. But your faith is your right.

I doubt you have any data to back your claim and you are claiming both strong supervision and the lack of supervision. Not sure whether you have made up your mind or you are still wondering yourself. But your faith is your right.
I said that corruption is often due to lack of supervision. I didn't say that China's civil servants lack supervision.

Within the CCP, it has the Discipline Inspection&Supervision committee(DIS) with great power. The DIS has independent investigation power, financial power and personnel power. It is an independent judicial institution.
Outside the CCP, the Chinese government has the Supervision Bureau and the anti-corruption bureau. The Supervision Bureau is an institution that supervises government personnel for a long time. The power of the anti-corruption bureau is similar to that of the Independent Commission against corruption in Hong Kong and the corruption investigation bureau in Singapore.

Because China's powerful three-overlap anti-corruption organization. The biggest feature of corruption in China is that it is often personal behavior.
It is not like the ubiquitous social corruption in the Philippines. For example, you can give the Philippines police some money and he will lend you his gun to take pictures.
It is not institutional corruption like the USA, for example, the USA legalizes political bribery. Corruption in China is often characterized by concealment and personalization.

Your biggest misunderstanding is that China's rights lack supervision by public opinion. In fact, China has strong public opinion supervision. Because China has a large number of Internet users, any mistakes made by the government will be told by the Internet to the whole country in a very short time.

The Chinese government also encourages Internet public opinion supervision. Every city has a mayor's hotline, which you can complain directly to the mayor. China's three-overlap anti-corruption agencies all accept online complaints and reports. Sun Zhengcai, a former member of China's Political Bureau, was arrested because he was reported by the Internet and triggered an investigation by the DIS. At that time, he was already regarded as the successor of the Chinese Premier.

Last edited:
Because of the need of work, I have been to many countries. The biggest feature of corruption in China is concealment. Anti corruption institutions need to conduct a lot of investigations to find evidence, because there are almost no public acts such as asking for bribes. When I go to Russia, Vietnam and other countries, this behavior is easy to see.
And I personally feel that the most serious corruption in China is municipal and county-level officials. Although provincial government organs have greater power, they are more honest. I don't understand why.

Another question @MH.Yang . And BTW thanks to your patient and lengthy replies.

Question is on policiing. Do chinese police patrol on cars and catch people speeding or suspicious etc ?do they collect bribes and let people go ? do they have any "collection drives" at month end etc to bring up revenue of their city or district ?

If you report to police anything small - like theft etc ? will they acknowledge the complaint or dismiss it.

Back
Top Bottom