What's new

I am out of the loop? Is India now officially called Bharat?

Titanium100

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
I find it kinda hilarious but hey welcome Bharat to this world

US has a problem to decide how many genders exist, we have a problem trying to find the exact name of our country.

Technically speaking, both are correct. Rest everything is just politics and useless time waste. That's how the constitution starts.

Screenshot 2023-09-13 at 1.23.34 AM.png

Makes sense as the Indus River, which the word India is derived from, isn’t even located in India.

In punjab we call india as bharat since ages, Actually it's been called as bharat by locals in other states as well I guess.
It's just now educated youth and media made India popular.

There was no need to change name , just say India in Eng and bharat in regional language on Govt papers. India is a brand outside, u don't just let go of ur brand just like that. Guju knows better.
It's just politics being played and common people being common when comes to sane thinking.

People who are going to fk India are going to keep doing it even if u call it bharat or hindustan or India.

Hold it right there, is the name change official? I have yet to see it on DAWN, Al Jazeera, BBC

Technically speaking, India is not correct. Before British named you India, you didn't even know you are India. Technically speaking, India is Eastern Pakistan, and the local name is Sind.
British did not name it. This region was known by Hind and India for far longer than that. The Indian Ocean has been known by its present name since at least 1515 when the Latin form Oceanus Orientalis Indicus ("Indian Eastern Ocean") is attested, named after India, which projects into it.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom