What's new

I am mentally and physically a son of India: Dalai Lama

Dalai lama might be a nice peron ,but that's just a facade,he does have many things going on in religious disguise,and China's been dealing with him for half a century and totally know what is really going on under religious disguise.feel pity for him sometimes,he was first chosen as the new reincarnation when he was a little boy and for most part of his life he has to do what he has to do.there is nothing he can do to change his personal life.

I find his comments, disturbing; especially for someone who is supposed to be a religious figure and an authority over a major faith, surely, he shouldn’t prefer one nationality over another, as religion ultimately should transcend borders.

All this talk of India being united is absolutely garbage as you only need to look at the unrest occurring within that country whether that is along its Eastern borders or Kashmir. It’s amazing how he refrains from even mentioning or condemning India’s atrocities and human rights violation on the people of Kashmir and thus, begs the questions, how much money is he pocketing from the Indian elite in order to be thorn in the Chinese’ backside.

only u can come up with such negative iq comments.

Doesn't it work well for both of us??? Just give him an indian passport so that he stops bothering China. I like that.

KOLKATA: The Dalai Lama, who addressed students at IIM Calcutta, said Chinese officials sometimes behave childishly. "I look at people, including the Chinese, at a fundamental level in which everyone is human. These are no differences, from the way we are born to the way we die. But at times, the Chinese government calls me a demon. I may be a demon but not that bad a demon," he said, drawing laughter from the audience.

Describing himself as a son of India, the spiritual leader said he owed his existence to the country in which he had sought exile in 1959. "All particles in my mind contain thoughts from Nalanda. And it is Indian dal and chapati that has built this body. I am mentally and physically a son of India," he said.

Criticizing the Chinese government for its paranoia over people who speak a different language, like Tibetans do, he pointed to India's existence despite its diversity. "I often tell Chinese friends to look at India to get rid of the fear that plurality will lead to secession. India has so many languages and dialects, yet remains strongly united because there is the freedom of speech and rule of law," he said.

Apart from support from all over the world for an autonomous territory within China, the Dalai Lama claimed thousands of articles in Chinese published over the past couple of years had also recognized his stand as the ideal one to resolve the issue.

I am mentally and physically a son of India: Dalai Lama - The Times of India

Mods kindly move this thread in the correct section.

I am mentally and physically a son of India: Dalai Lama
That means he is saying tibet is part of india and hence he is son of india.Dalia lama for next President/PM of india.

Isn't it great? A good material for Hollywood movie actually? Richard Gere can also participate. I bet he will join with him for campaigning.

Actually, we indeed beg you indians to take him in.

That means he is saying tibet is part of india and hence he is son of india.Dalia lama for next President/PM of india.

Well thats Great I'm Mentally Physically and spiritually a son of China, keep Lama

Isn't it great? A good material for Hollywood movie actually? Richard Gere can also participate. I bet he will join with him for campaigning.

Actually, we indeed beg you indians to take him in.
He is already there it would be great his holiness Dalai lama leadind india as PM.Then i think Arunachal Pradesh will be biggest state of india.geography-wise.

Dalai Lama's power stems from both religious and political roots. He position dictates that he is both monarch and religious leader of Tibet. His claim to leadership over the Tibetan people is both religious and political, this juxtaposition is contradictory to all the freedom of religion rhetoric, it's like the catholic pope contending for the head of state in Italy or Spain, it cannot happen and it's a threat to secular society. It's a power struggle of those outside the political structure of the PRC over tibet, not fight for religious freedom. I suspect Dalai Lama and his cronies is well aware of this power dynamic and understand why it is a futile endeavour.

People should not conflate Tibetans as being all religious. The monks and nuns only constitute a small representative of Tibetan population, they are for the most part secular and ordinary folk. Evidently the influence of religion also wane as people become more educated, this will no doubt contribute to the decline of monasteries. It would be a shame if the exiled tibetans were to radicalise them and turn them into rabid religious fanatics. China should have crushed the monastery structure many decades ago.

Dalai Lama's power stems from both religious and political roots. He position dictates that he is both monarch and religious leader of Tibet. His claim to leadership over the Tibetan people is both religious and political, this juxtaposition is contradictory to all the freedom of religion rhetoric, it's like the catholic pope contending for the head of state in Italy or Spain, it cannot happen and it's a threat to secular society. It's a power struggle of those outside the political structure of the PRC over tibet, not fight for religious freedom. I suspect Dalai Lama and his cronies is well aware of this power dynamic and understand why it is a futile endeavour.

People should not conflate Tibetans as being all religious. The monks and nuns only constitute a small representative of Tibetan population, they are for the most part secular and ordinary folk. Evidently the influence of religion also wane as people become more educated, this will no doubt contribute to the decline of monasteries. It would be a shame if the exiled tibetans were to radicalise them and turn them into rabid religious fanatics. China should have crushed the monastery structure many decades ago.

Very true Religious fanatics should be crushed, Theocracy won't happen again.

First, you indian should take him in not as a refuge but issue him an indian passport.

Second, about south tibet, it is not for him to decide. He simply is just one of the dalai lama. Historically, some dalai lama was removed or abdicated from his position either by Mongolian king or the emperor of China. His power to rule over Tibet came over emperor of China in the past or the central government of China today.

Without that, he is just a monk.

He is already there it would be great his holiness Dalai lama leadind india as PM.Then i think Arunachal Pradesh will be biggest state of india.geography-wise.

Very true Religious fanatics should be crushed, Theocracy won't happen again.

This particular fanatic infact supports Tibet's integration with China albeit with religious autonomy.

Back
Top Bottom