What's new

I am mentally and physically a son of India: Dalai Lama

Green Hornet

BANNED
Reaction score
KOLKATA: The Dalai Lama, who addressed students at IIM Calcutta, said Chinese officials sometimes behave childishly. "I look at people, including the Chinese, at a fundamental level in which everyone is human. These are no differences, from the way we are born to the way we die. But at times, the Chinese government calls me a demon. I may be a demon but not that bad a demon," he said, drawing laughter from the audience.

Describing himself as a son of India, the spiritual leader said he owed his existence to the country in which he had sought exile in 1959. "All particles in my mind contain thoughts from Nalanda. And it is Indian dal and chapati that has built this body. I am mentally and physically a son of India," he said.

Criticizing the Chinese government for its paranoia over people who speak a different language, like Tibetans do, he pointed to India's existence despite its diversity. "I often tell Chinese friends to look at India to get rid of the fear that plurality will lead to secession. India has so many languages and dialects, yet remains strongly united because there is the freedom of speech and rule of law," he said.

Apart from support from all over the world for an autonomous territory within China, the Dalai Lama claimed thousands of articles in Chinese published over the past couple of years had also recognized his stand as the ideal one to resolve the issue.

I am mentally and physically a son of India: Dalai Lama - The Times of India

Mods kindly move this thread in the correct section.

i have a strong feeling this thread will become a hogwash, troll infested & a CHINA V INDIA bashing session. :help:

Criticizing the Chinese government for its paranoia over people who speak a different language, like Tibetans do, he pointed to India's existence despite its diversity. "I often tell Chinese friends to look at India to get rid of the fear that plurality will lead to secession. India has so many languages and dialects, yet remains strongly united because there is the freedom of speech and rule of law," he said.

well said....it totally describes the Chinese arrogant mentality..

Pakistan should send ISI to assassinate Dalai Lama if China don't know how to stop him. Maybe Russia FSS help.

Pakistan should send ISI to assassinate Dalai Lama if China don't know how to stop him. Maybe Russia FSS help.

No buddy, that would be counter-productive. :no:

We were lucky enough to end up with a Dalai Lama who does not even call for Tibetan independence. :lol:

Dalai Lama: Tibet Wants Autonomy, Not Independence - Time.com

Just imagine how bad it would have been for us back then, to have a Dalai Lama who actually called for separation? This Dalai Lama bought us enough time (several decades) to strengthen our capabilities, now we are strong enough to resist any such movement.

He can spend the rest of his old age in peace and quiet. Maybe we will let him come back to Tibet one day so he can feel his native soil beneath his feet once more.

lol..&^%licking at its best :D :D

What does that peaceful old man did to you? Or just want to prove that you are loyal than a servant to your master? :undecided:

RaptorRX707 was just trying to be friendly to us, and it was definitely appreciated. :tup:

There is no reason for you two to be going on about @sslicking or masters or other such nonsense.

And when you call India as US's lapdog where was that reasoning? So show some consistency in your trolling.And showing a friendship by offering to killing an old man? Pathetic as your trolling.

I never said that India was the lapdog of the USA. :no:

You just assume that all posters with a Chinese flag are the same right?

Find me one post in which I said that India was the lapdog of the USA.

I never said that India was the lapdog of the USA. :no:

You just assume that all posters with a Chinese flag are the same right?

Find me one post in which I said that India was the lapdog of the USA.

Sorry i misunderstood you as sino challanger. Will delete my post ;)

Back
Top Bottom