What's new

“I always pray for India, Pakistan to be friends”

nair

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India

I really want to get to know much more about India,” said a young student who took part in the Exchange for Change programme by the Citizens Archive of Pakistan (CAP), a non-profit organisation dedicated to cultural and historic preservation. When asked at a recent orientation session here if they wanted to visit India, the excitement was palpable. “India is a nice place and there were nice people like Gandhi, besides my grandparents were born in India,” said one student who was part of the programme earlier.

Indian students said they found a lot of similarities between the two countries, not the least of them being gajar (carrot) halwa and rossogollas. They too were keen on visiting Pakistan. The programme envisages a series of exchanges between school students from India and Pakistan who write letters to each other, share cards and collages and eventually visit each other in small groups.

Some of the questions asked by Pakistani students are: “Do Indian women wear embroidered ghagras(long skirts),” “do you eat mangoes” and on a more serious note about monuments in India. The exercise combines fun and educational experience and also engages students from both countries like never before. One student said: “I always prayed for India and Pakistan to be friends and now my prayers are answered.”

The programme is an interactive initiative that works at improving relationships between two countries and a constant exchange of letters, postcards, pictures, artwork and videos encourages children to form their own opinions and have a clearer understanding of history, culture and lifestyle through cross cultural communications.

Third phase

CAP project manager Ammar Khalid said the third phase of EFC India, to be launched in January 2014, will connect 2,500 students each from the two countries. “Schoolchildren from Rawalpindi, Islamabad, Karachi and Lahore will interact with students from India in Dehradun, Delhi, and Mumbai and over the course of the programme, we will facilitate dialogue in various ways,” he explained.

The programme began in 2010-2012 in collaboration with Routes2Roots, an Indian non-profit working for peace and dialogue between Pakistan and India. In the first phase, the 16-month programme allowed for a sustained dialogue between 2,400 students through letters, postcards, collages and oral histories. Ten schools in Delhi, Karachi, Lahore and Mumbai took part. In the second phase, the number of students rose to 3,500.

Students often share the histories of their grandparents and other aspects of their life and last year 24 students between the ages of 10 and 14, and 12 teachers visited India as part of the exchange.

Mr. Khalid said the idea was to identify some common talking points such as food, music, films or books. “You can gauge the impact of the project when you see the exchanges between the children. The programme has been very successful in the sense that it facilitates a dialogue between the two countries. There are so many misconceptions which can be cleared and it helps identify commonalities.”

Exchange programme facilitates dialogue between students from India and Pakistan

“I always pray for India, Pakistan to be friends” - The Hindu

Oye Nair ... Humare dehat me kahvat hai...

Koye ke kosne se kya kabhi bhains mari hai!!

Focus on work and stop delusional posts. We need two hands, actions and willingness to be friends not mere praying.

Considering how children in Pakistani schools are brainwashed with phony historical facts and anti India propaganda, it's a surprise how these kids have a soft corner for India!

Just check out You Tube to see many Pakistani academicians on Pakistan media discussion programs lambasting Pakistan's education system that lays bare the falsities being propagated about India as though it is some demon state and Pakistan, the Land of the Pure, a gift from Allah to the Muslims of the sub continent!

Unrealistic, ill founded and an outright stupid demand this is.

We can NEVER be 'friends', at best we can have a 'mature, working relationship', with each country minding its own business.

From our viewpoint, unless Kashmir issue is solved, no concrete progress can take place.

I support friendship between Pakistan and India but we cannot go for friendship with a state which spread hate for its neighbour in his country. We cannot go for friendship with indian unless kashmir issue is solved.

I think Indians are obsessed with Pakistan. It is a foreign exchange program, and the Hindu, an Indian news company, turned this into some sort of a fantasy "love dream".

We also have foreign exchange student programs with other countries, but non of those countries make it into a bizarre big headline. Only Indians seem to show such strange behaviour.

Seriously?

Considering how children in Pakistani schools are brainwashed with phony historical facts and anti India propaganda, it's a surprise how these kids have a soft corner for India!

Just check out You Tube to see many Pakistani academicians on Pakistan media discussion programs lambasting Pakistan's education system that lays bare the falsities being propagated about India as though it is some demon state and Pakistan, the Land of the Pure, a gift from Allah to the Muslims of the sub continent!

Seems like you are obsessed with Pakistan, to the point of watching our t.v and reading our children school books.. lol

India is a country that lives in delusions and can't even get its own map right, and think it borders Afghanistan some how. This is retarded brainwashing Indians do their own kids.

PS: Not to mention, how you spend all your time on a Pakistani forum...Obsession much?

I support friendship between Pakistan and India but we cannot go for friendship with a state which spread hate for its neighbour in his country. We cannot go for friendship with indian unless kashmir issue is solved.

India is a country that supported terrorists and proxy war in its small neighbour. Sri Lanka. Tried to pick a war with China, when they were experiencing one of the worst famines in their history, and still lost.

Last edited:
IF India- Pakistan become real friends, PDF will go bust :bunny:

IF India- Pakistan become real friends, PDF will go bust :bunny:

There is also Indiandefence forum owned by the same guy, but Indians prefer to come to Pakistan Defence Forum because they are obsessed with Pakistan, and probably think their own kind sucks too perhaps...

I think Indians are obsessed with Pakistan. It is a foreign exchange program, and the Hindu, an Indian news company, turned this into some sort of a fantasy "love dream".

We also have foreign exchange student programs with other countries, but non of those countries make it into a bizarre big headline. Only Indians seem to show such strange behaviour.

Seriously?

Seems like you are obsessed with Pakistan, to the point of watching our t.v and reading our children school books.. lol

India is a country that lives in delusions and can't even get its own map right, and thinks it borders Afghanistan some how. This is a retarded brainwashing Indians do their own kids.

PS: Not to mention, how you spend all your time on a Pakistani forum...Obsession much?

Obsessed with Pakistan?Whats there in Pakistan for us to be obsessed...And talking about delusions..

“Pakistan’s space programme is now ahead of India after the formal launching of Paksat-I and this is due to the hard work of our scientists and I am sure Indians would take another 30 months to do the job,” Gen Musharraf

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom