What's new

Hypothetical Scenario: What if the Establishment reinstall Imran Khan?

Would you still support Imran Khan / PTI?

• Total voters
#1: Yes, or should I say 'Absolutely Yes!' Imran would accept it. He was directly appealing to the General Muneer very recently.
#2: Neither Imran nor his followers would care about 'public perception'. This whole drama is about POWER--and from ALL SIDES.
But, yes, Imran has nothing to lose politically but the Establishment is going to make his and his wife's life miserable to the point of Imran compromising.
Now, don't you PTI fanbois bash me: I am saying what I see happening and going to happen. I have no control over events in Pakistan and neither do the PDF members.
I would also add geopolitical realignment here

I feel that Pakistan Army was caught between America and China, and had to make some tough choices. While we may never know, what Mr Imran and Mr Munir disagreed upon exactly, the powers be surely had everything to do with what happened in those few weeks of crackdown on PTI.

Release of IMF tranche signals that, Mr Munir has agreed on some conditions with West. It will be interesting to see, how Pakistan and China relations move ahead from this point.

he would throw is Phull support Sar, behind the Army

The Establishment knows how to pull strings to its benifit, it has 75 years of experience

only Allah can remove the Establishment from power, at this stage.

March 2023
1688545594830.png

June 2023

1688545701697.png

He is consistently pleading establishment to help him out, he is a resilient sportsman he won't budge down, I know he would succeeded to establish a link with establishment, until that he would never sit down and he would hurl abuse towards Army on daily basis.

Ok DGISPR sb :lol:
It's DG Asim munir sahab for now

he would throw is Phull support Sar, behind the Army

The Establishment knows how to pull strings to its benifit, it has 75 years of experience

only Allah can remove the Establishment from power, at this stage.
Wrong people can easily if they want to

Establishment is taking advantage of divide and rule
Half the country supports PDM and that's enough for establishment

It really doesn’t matter who is elected or selected. It all comes down to if reforms to end elite capture and open up the country are allowed to happen.

Allowing IK back in power but not letting him carry out the reforms Atif Mian pointed out are necessary, will be worse because at least under the Sharifs or Zardaris, people didn’t have false hope.

If Pakistan wants Haqeeki azadi it first needs economic azadi. We need a leader that will be able to impose adequate property taxes to help pay back these loans and build infrastructure that allows our industries to be competitive without any subsidies or “relief”. $17.5 billion of subsidies were given to the elites in 2021 alone. This is just the first step, but needed to incentivize productivity use of land.

IK seems like the best chance (not perfect considering the mistakes he and his party did during their term, especially in foreign relations, but still he is better then the rest) for a politician will to carry out these reforms if allowed to do so. That is why I do and will continue to support him.

Last edited:
I will not support him anymore if he does. I have alway said I will only support the one who looks after Pakistan’s interests and its people. We want FREE Pakistan, FREE from establishment meddling.

At such, I have a deep hatred of Nawaz clan, Bhutto clan because these people have raped Pakistan for years. Imran Khan like he said, when he came in power, he had to work with the establishment.

It is a KNOWN FACT, whoever is in power, cannot do anything with their blessing. As shown when Imran started to try take control in foreign affairs. That was their redline. Imran wanted Pakistan to follow its own foreign policy and not to get involved in proxy wars.

I would also add geopolitical realignment here
I feel that Pakistan Army was caught between America and China, and had to make some tough choices. While we may never know, what Mr Imran and Mr Munir disagreed upon exactly, the powers be surely had everything to do with what happened in those few weeks of crackdown on PTI.
Release of IMF tranche signals that, Mr Munir has agreed on some conditions with West. It will be interesting to see, how Pakistan and China relations move ahead from this point.

Geopolitics is almost certainly involved in Imran's removal. I keep hearing China and Saudi Arabia (along with GCC) have the tacit approval, if not prodding, to remove Imran. Otherwise: Exactly what did Imran do to affect the Establishment's posh lifestyle?!!! The mindless hatred of the Establishment only became like it is now after Bajwa refused to re-install Imran!!!
At this point, it will be extremely interesting watch the foreign visits, the investments, and the statements from America, China, and rich GCC countries. And, as someone rightly said above, if the Russia-Ukraine war goes regional then... who knows?? The global chessboard will be very hastily different and Pakistan's potent military as well as Pakistan's location will become more pronounced.

Geopolitics is almost certainly involved in Imran's removal. I keep hearing China and Saudi Arabia (along with GCC) have the tacit approval, if not prodding, to remove Imran. Otherwise: Exactly what did Imran do to affect the Establishment's posh lifestyle?!!! The mindless hatred of the Establishment only became like it is now after Bajwa refused to re-install Imran!!!
At this point, it will be extremely interesting watch the foreign visits, the investments, and the statements from America, China, and rich GCC countries. And, as someone rightly said above, if the Russia-Ukraine war goes regional then... who knows?? The global chessboard will be very hastily different and Pakistan's potent military as well as Pakistan's location will become more pronounced.

1) There will be no investment besides lip service; past Arab performance indicates future development concerning Pakistan. All investment is going to India as that is the new love child; regardless of its accusations against minorities, they have the rule of law and stability and much better infrastructure to build upon; I mean, they've even invested in Indian-Occupied Kashmir; I'm surprised our idiots didn't see the writing on the wall even after that announcement by UAE.

2) If the establishment does re-install Imran Khan, the support isn't there as it once was because many people are now disenfranchised to the point of hopelessness. At this point, everyone wants to jump on a tug boat and leave the country; some even say it's worth dying in the ocean than on land.

If you saw the news today, Ahsan Iqbal was crying about foreign direct investment into Pakistan; it's only now they've realized the misstep of the vote of no-confidence, and they are at the point of no return as major industrial heads are headed out the door to the GCC. As mentioned before, I have networked with specific business communities and in the know-how of things; it's how I make money and live through absorbing information and acting on it.

This will pain others, and it pained me when this was disclosed to me; some of these prominent industrialists leaving are teaming up with Indian counterparts from Dubai, from which point funds will go to India directly.

I don't think its anything in particular that Mr Khan has done, that irked the establishment. As much as geopolitics played part in his ouster, I also believe the internal dynamics has a higher share to it.

Traditional dynamics as much as I have come to understand Pakistan (in my limited understanding mind you), but then I feel I may not be wrong. Faith aside people in the subcontinent have this issue with change in general, and this becomes even more troublesome when it comes to hierarchy.

Given his life in West overall along with education, and his celebrity status even he got the recent cult like following, Mr Khan might have got bitten by the bug of belief in invincibility. We in the East have different yardsticks to judge a person, given the colonial past. But then this keeps changing with times as well, but am sure you understand what am talking about.

The Army aka Establishment, was treading its own path of balancing China and USA, and in comes this celebrity blue eyed boy who incidentally got propped up by them initially. So when he wants to go the independent path, and be the next Quaid (he may not have said it openly, but I believe he did want that. Particularly given his credentials and overall life so far, he is surely a cut above the rest of Politicians who had to scrape up the ladder due to the situations in country). Letting him go his way (one can never know if he would have succeeded or failed, and I believe the Establishment hurried his fall, given the geopolitical demands and the Eastern standards as well. Perhaps they could have let him be, and watch him falter before taking over to make sure he never got the cult status he has today. However things can always be judged better in hindsight lol) would have been the prudent way.

Relations with middle East and China soured in his time, as he went this independent path. His short sighted idea of blaming USA for his political demise backfired, which if we think is funny. I mean here is a guy who went slow on CPEC, and should have been seen as a Western pet, but burnt bridges there too. This tells us how important it is, to have good people around who can give timely advise to stay the path.

In a way Pakistani establishment might still go the Khan saab way, but then if he does come back, he will be a shadow of his former power wise.

I don't think its anything in particular that Mr Khan has done, that irked the establishment. As much as geopolitics played part in his ouster, I also believe the internal dynamics has a higher share to it.

Traditional dynamics as much as I have come to understand Pakistan (in my limited understanding mind you), but then I feel I may not be wrong. Faith aside people in the subcontinent have this issue with change in general, and this becomes even more troublesome when it comes to hierarchy.

Given his life in West overall along with education, and his celebrity status even he got the recent cult like following, Mr Khan might have got bitten by the bug of belief in invincibility. We in the East have different yardsticks to judge a person, given the colonial past. But then this keeps changing with times as well, but am sure you understand what am talking about.

The Army aka Establishment, was treading its own path of balancing China and USA, and in comes this celebrity blue eyed boy who incidentally got propped up by them initially. So when he wants to go the independent path, and be the next Quaid (he may not have said it openly, but I believe he did want that. Particularly given his credentials and overall life so far, he is surely a cut above the rest of Politicians who had to scrape up the ladder due to the situations in country). Letting him go his way (one can never know if he would have succeeded or failed, and I believe the Establishment hurried his fall, given the geopolitical demands and the Eastern standards as well. Perhaps they could have let him be, and watch him falter before taking over to make sure he never got the cult status he has today. However things can always be judged better in hindsight lol) would have been the prudent way.

Relations with middle East and China soured in his time, as he went this independent path. His short sighted idea of blaming USA for his political demise backfired, which if we think is funny. I mean here is a guy who went slow on CPEC, and should have been seen as a Western pet, but burnt bridges there too. This tells us how important it is, to have good people around who can give timely advise to stay the path.

In a way Pakistani establishment might still go the Khan saab way, but then if he does come back, he will be a shadow of his former power wise.

Regarding CPEC from many sources, COAS Bajwa himself never liked the Chinese and was a hurdle in the way of CPEC. One way to put it is that the Chinese hurt Bajwa's ego, and the Security Forum with Moeed Yusuf should also give you a clue as to how he spoke about the Chinese and Pakistan's reliance on them as if the US was any better for Pakistan.

The sad reality is that the CPEC vision died long ago; even if built, it will be useless.

It's DG Asim munir sahab for now

Wrong people can easily if they want to

Establishment is taking advantage of divide and rule
Half the country supports PDM and that's enough for establishment
The Army has played a double game with both the PTI, PPP and the PML-N
in theory, everyone should be united against them.

but their master planning has divided the country, as now the "vote ko izzat do" are Army fanboys, like the youthiyas once were.

sad. Like I said, 75 years of experience of internal plotting and planning only.

If you saw the news today, Ahsan Iqbal was crying about foreign direct investment into Pakistan; it's only now they've realized the misstep of the vote of no-confidence, and they are at the point of no return as major industrial heads are headed out the door to the GCC.
Money is like water: Will also flow downhill--wherever there is more 'profit' in the more 'secure' way. I don't blame GCC to safeguard their own interests. Heck, even born and raised expat Pakistanis are not putting money into the former homeland.
BUT... I am no haste to give up on Pakistan. I consider the mayhem starting March 2022 as an exceptionally bad time for Pakistan and I think Pakistan is not in as hopeless situation as most of the PTI fanbois think. There is an evolutionary path forward, which will come from political stability in Pakistan and I see that path being established. I also think the Russia-Ukraine war's dynamics can greatly alter geopolitics in which Pakistan has a key role to play--who knows??

The Army has played a double game with both the PTI, PPP and the PML-N
in theory, everyone should be united against them.

Bolded parts: My point exactly in this forum for over a year: Imran Khan is temperamentally not suited to be the topmost leader of a complex country like Pakistan. I don't think Imran's fanbois truly know how arrogant, stupid, self-centered Imran is. Not everyone, who was Imran's once close political ally and now speaking against Imran is doing so because of the repression. If they were THAT weak to have folded so quickly, and yet were allowed to be in Imran's close circle then it reflects really badly on Imran Khan! The truth maybe that they tried hard to guide Imran on major matters but Imran was too arrogant and these people know that Imran is history and better try their luck elsewhere.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom