What's new

Hypothetical - Can IAF be wiped out in 10 hour or 12 hours by PLAAF?

OP is dreaming. If deployed, the PLAAF will likely sortie in support of troops in contact, the terrain is not conducive to close air support for either side. Platforms with excellent terrain avoidance capability while flying nap of the earth will excel here, Jaguar, Mirage and Rafale on the Indian side - perhaps J-10's and JH-7's on the Chinese side?

If the PLAAF or IAF attempt interdiction they will be hammered hard by the opposition. Mainly because neither side can bring supporting assets into the theater. My prediction - stalemate in the air.

I am not completely sure about your analysis and would request further details as China as some 200k trips , good supply lines and airbases within a n ear shot

kv
I will check information in regards to airstrips of both countries near Indo-China border, and post here, if I find something significant. This will help the conversation further.

---

Chinese members are welcome to contribute in this thread, but please maintain calm.

OP is dreaming. If deployed, the PLAAF will likely sortie in support of troops in contact, the terrain is not conducive to close air support for either side. Platforms with excellent terrain avoidance capability while flying nap of the earth will excel here, Jaguar, Mirage and Rafale on the Indian side - perhaps J-10's and JH-7's on the Chinese side?

If the PLAAF or IAF attempt interdiction they will be hammered hard by the opposition. Mainly because neither side can bring supporting assets into the theater. My prediction - stalemate in the air.
What about J-20? Would it not make difference in the calculus?

J-20 and CAS? I doubt it, interdiction perhaps but will the Chinese risk the J-20?
Not for CAS but J-20 can be used to intercept Indian sorties across and/or over the border.

Air superiority factor? J-20 is suited for using PL-15 missiles with ease. J-16 can complement with its formidable EW capabilities on top.

IAF has to curtail its losses no matter what. In its current form, I do not think IAF can risk open-ended confrontations with PLAAF for extended periods of time.

Not for CAS but J-20 can be used to intercept Indian sorties across and/or over the border.

Air superiority factor? J-20 is suited for using PL-15 missiles with ease. J-16 can complement with its formidable EW capabilities on top.

IAF has to curtail its losses no matter what. In its current form, I do not think IAF can risk open-ended confrontations with PLAAF for extended periods of time.

Sure it is possible but then my premise is based on a border skirmish and not a full fledged war.
Are you changing the rules of the game?

Sure it is possible but then my premise is based on a border skirmish and not a full fledged war.
Are you changing the rules of the game?
This thread assume an all-out war scenario across Indo-China border. All options are on the table for both.

Both can target airstrips of each other from afar. This will create problems for both, right?

Can China come deep inside India? Can opposite happen? Whatever.

Unless Pakistan joins in.. and then India will be in big trouble.
I agree with that.

India might be able to handle either Pakistan or China in isolation but [two] powerful military forces at the same time? Indian resources will be split across two fronts.

However, each is a nuclear-armed nation with a vast arsenal of ballistic missiles and such. Therefore; full-scale war between the TRIO can turn into a nightmare for all parties because India will be fighting for its survival in this case.

Perhaps Pakistan and China will risk limited intervention, like in J&K sector? Diversion tactics in other areas? Pakistan and China can make some gains on borders in this manner, and then force India to the negotiation table.

French & Russian jets, Tanks & Missile boats which your Navy & Airforce rejected rained down death on you navy & airforce in 1971.
They burned Karachi for 1 month & your Navy & Airforce was busy practicing "Surender Yoga".
Now imagine we have everything better than you with 100 times larger FX reserve & 100s of satellites & our own GPS.
Err.. He is Turkish member.

You addressed the wrong guy.

10 hours ... bull shit this thing will be over in 2 minutes ... launch Abhinanadan on alert 5

:D

Guess the original movie and the original quote
Mate, heed my warning in this thread. Serious responses only.

No, this will not be over in 2 minutes. Both China and India understand that risking full-scale war with each other will prove costly to both.

In current times, a full-scale war can drag for years and years with no end in sight. And God forbid if nuclear options are on the table.

Please stick to the topic. Trolling and flamebaiting not allowed in this thread.

Discuss a scenario in relation.

Back
Top Bottom