What's new

Hypothetical - Can IAF be wiped out in 10 hour or 12 hours by PLAAF?

Deeper conflict is not sustainable for China.
Look at how much manpower India need to oppress the people of Kashmir.
India is more than a billion people and counting...
Fair point.

The Chinese are too smart to try and occupy India. They will take strategic pieces of land and then start giving Self autonomy to the disenfranchised peoples of India. IE kashmiris, sikhs, and anyone else.

This achieves three things. Chaos within Indian ranks, a buffer between the lands they acquire and IA, and lastly they get to be absolved of being the bad guy because the world will be seeing India as an oppressor.

These same tactics have been used by abdali and conquerors before him.
Marriage has changed you :welcome:

Deeper conflict is not sustainable for China.
Look at how much manpower India need to oppress the people of Kashmir.
India is more than a billion people and counting...

250,000 for 7,000,000. In a brutal sort of calculus, that is 1 for 30.

The British used 100 civil service,another 200 police officers, and several battalions of the British Army, three times that number British Indian Army. That was for 330,000,000 Indians.

He is a brilliant mind. He just talk less. :)

Happens to all married people. They can't get a word in edgewise at home, so they take to writing.

@LeGenD

I have to vanish for some time.

Please tag me whenever there is any thread that you moderate on military matters. I will be most obliged.
Sure, Sir.

Thanks for your contributions.

This thread is testament to the fact that logical discussions are possible across the board irrespective of nationalism. This was different from media-feeding and chest-thumping.

Sure, Sir.

Thanks for your contributions.

This thread is testament to the fact that logical discussions are possible across the board irrespective of nationalism.

That was ALWAYS true. Needs you or AgNoStiC MuSliM or Jaibi or PanzerKiel to moderate it (in PanzerKiel's case, people shut up and stop bullshitting very, very quickly once they realise his depth of knowledge - watch his threads, they're hilarious).

Yes, this is a problem.

Honestly I don't think so! To which is the PLAAF "stretched out"? (or do you mean they have their forces distributed around several Theater Commands? (that might be correct given the units involved). Or do you mean with theateres, the SCS, ECS with Taiwan and NCS with Japan?

But again IMO this operation is not yet a PLAAF one and IMO the PLAAF - besides surveying/reconnaissance, probing a bit the Indian defence lines and collecting data with the EW-assets - is still not involved. As such it has no issues to be "stretched out in so many theaters".

Honestly I don't think so! To which is the PLAAF "stretched out"? (or do you mean they have their forces distributed around several Theater Commands? (that might be correct given the units involved). Or do you mean with theateres, the SCS, ECS with Taiwan and NCS with Japan?

But again IMO this operation is not yet a PLAAF one and IMO the PLAAF - besides surveying/reconnaissance, probing a bit the Indian defence lines and collecting data with the EW-assets - is still not involved. As such it has no issues to be "stretched out in so many theaters".
Yes, theaters part.

Of-course, PLAAF can be re-concentrated towards a single theater of operations if necessary. Geography factor between India and China however: https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/will...hour-or-12-hours.674827/page-10#post-12512161

War cannot be won through airspace alone. Boots on the ground and realistic objectives are necessary.

@LeGenD

I have to vanish for some time.

Please tag me whenever there is any thread that you moderate on military matters. I will be most obliged.

Photu?

just for you Joey.

3099-E1-E5-81-C7-4393-8-F6-F-08-D03-BC4-AB45.jpg

That's not the right way of thinking of air warfare, brother. Look at the strategy that either side would employ. Firstly, as China is the larger power here they'd be the ones intruding into Indian air space and India would want to maintain their capability of denying China air superiority in the theater. Secondly, if we look to the past then we can see that India's strategy is to focus on one theater and maintain a high alert across i.e. they'd be focusing on the air space directly associated with the flash point instead of being the first to escalate the issue by wider intrusions elsewhere across their border. Thirdly, if China does that then India has a wider AD network which needs to be taken into account for China to maintain air superiority and it's air warfare 101 which says when you're facing a bigger enemy then draw them into your AD network so the guns multiply. Thus, the notion of India experiencing a full brunt of Chinese power is unlikely.
Coming over to the localized effort then the Chinese most likely would have an advantage, yes and are likely to do considerable damage to IAF; however, that would prompt IAF and IA to move in their AD network into the area which would further complicate the situation of the theater as China would respond in kind. That accumulates into building further pressure on the troops on the ground to maintain a balance in the area which is something that neither side seems to want right now.
The IAF has severe technical gaps in its capability as demonstrated on Feb-27 by the PAF.

the PLAAF will have significant numerical (3010+ Aircraft) and technological superiority (stealth aircraft and dedicated strategic bombers)in the Indian occupied Chinese territory according to Wikipedia

the Hamalyian mountain range will give significant cover to PLAAF not to mention the higher refueling and detection (AWACS platforms) and electronic warfare (ELINT) capability

will the IAF be completely wiped out in 10 or 12 hours like in the case of Iraq and America in the first gulf war?

is the force comparison not similar ?

I look forward to your response?

KV

source https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/People's_Liberation_Army_Air_Force

After careful calculations and different scenario analysis I have come up with conclusion that IAF will loose it’s complete air borne capabilities in first 8 hours in full scale war

You have a right to agree or disagree with my analysis

That's not the right way of thinking of air warfare, brother. Look at the strategy that either side would employ. Firstly, as China is the larger power here they'd be the ones intruding into Indian air space and India would want to maintain their capability of denying China air superiority in the theater. Secondly, if we look to the past then we can see that India's strategy is to focus on one theater and maintain a high alert across i.e. they'd be focusing on the air space directly associated with the flash point instead of being the first to escalate the issue by wider intrusions elsewhere across their border. Thirdly, if China does that then India has a wider AD network which needs to be taken into account for China to maintain air superiority and it's air warfare 101 which says when you're facing a bigger enemy then draw them into your AD network so the guns multiply. Thus, the notion of India experiencing a full brunt of Chinese power is unlikely.
Coming over to the localized effort then the Chinese most likely would have an advantage, yes and are likely to do considerable damage to IAF; however, that would prompt IAF and IA to move in their AD network into the area which would further complicate the situation of the theater as China would respond in kind. That accumulates into building further pressure on the troops on the ground to maintain a balance in the area which is something that neither side seems to want right now.
Thanks for the informative share, good Sir. :)

After careful calculations and different scenario analysis I have come up with conclusion that IAF will loose it’s complete air borne capabilities in first 8 hours in full scale war

You have a right to agree or disagree with my analysis
Please feel free to share what you have in mind.

Back
Top Bottom