What's new

Hunza Valley: A whole new spectrum of colours

So did you go to the Baltit fort ? Most annoying and tiring thing the steep hills.BTW,i have a lot of family in Hunza.Could get you discount on some of the stuff.Plus,i don't have to pay anything for tour of the forts for which they normally charge 500 to 1000 depends.
Where were you when I visited .....I have seen Baltit fort from every nook and corner ...I love forts ...wherever I have visited, Fort visit is a must ...the last time I visited the fort was in Nizwa, Oman ....It was beautiful .....!

Did you guys know that Hunza is 1 out of 3 places in the world where people live exceptionally long lives? Out of those 3 Hunza ranks first. A land where everyone has perfect vision, no heart disease, no obesity, no mental illness, no ulcers and no degenerative disease. Reportedly, even cancer hasn't been able to cross the Karakoram into Hunza. I have met a 110+ year old father with his 90+ year old son working in their appricot orchard as if they were both 30. Scientists have been sent there over the years to figure it out but sadly for us no secret elixir of life just yet.

Check out "Secrets of the World's Healthiest and Oldest Living People" by John Westerdahl, Jay M. Hoffman. Also "50 Secrets of the World's Longest Living People" by Sally Beare.
The oldest person who is 114+ is a relative of mine.I have seen him.He fasts in Ramadan,walks and is very well for someone his age.I think the secret is clean air,water,diet and the fact that people work in a tough terrain.

Where were you when I visited .....I have seen Baltit fort from every nook and corner ...I love forts ...wherever I have visited, Fort visit is a must ...the last time I visited the fort was in Nizwa, Oman ....It was beautiful .....!
I live in Karachi.Mother's from Hunza,have loads of family there.I wonder how much they charged you per person.

I live in Karachi.Mother's from Hunza,have loads of family there.I wonder how much they charged you per person.
We only had spent one night there in the hotel .....the rest ...we had done camping ...we had everything we could spend our time in ...one our friend, a retired Squadron Leader from PAF was very much skilled in camping ....we had all the equipment taken from Batrasi Scouts from Batrasi Cadet College !

The oldest person who is 114+ is a relative of mine.I have seen him.He fasts in Ramadan,walks and is very well for someone his age.I think the secret is clean air,water,diet and the fact that people work in a tough terrain.

And then they tell you about the 140 year old Chachay ki khala ke Salay ka baita (Uncle's aunt's brother-in-law's son) who passed away a few years ago.

Their whole life style is 'life inducing', so to speak. And being such amazing people on the 'inside' must help a lot if not the most.

The best part is the top,the view of Rakaposhi ,unbelievable.You'll see for yourself.Will you be staying at Serena?Anyway,wake up early in the morning and the view is a killer.Don't say i didn't warn you.

The view of the valley below from the balcony follows second.

We only had spent one night there in the hotel .....the rest ...we had done camping ...we had everything we could spend our time in ...one our friend, a retired Squadron Leader from PAF was very much skilled in camping ....we had all the equipment taken from Batrasi Scouts from Batrasi Cadet College !

Next time you go let me know. You won't need to carry all that gear all the way from BATRASI to Hunza. Btw, I'm guessing you guys camped at Eagle's Nest?

Last edited:
There is no glamour in war, but this country is worth fighting for :pakistan: ...........wow.....this could be my next signature !

No doubt bro. No doubt! Blessed beyond imagination! :pakistan:

We have it all. From the tallest mountains to deserts, plateaus, beaches etc. Just unbelievable.

@Windjammer , you forgot some .Let me help you .

Altit fort
It's as good as Baltit,actually a bit scarier.
Altit Fort - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lady finger
Quite famous.
fdsfsdf.jpeg

People and their hospitality
People are very good and true by heart,i bet you're gonna love them.

Baltit fort lovely place.Hy,the way to it is very tiring,just a friendly advice.The best part is the top,the view of Rakaposhi ,unbelievable.You'll see for yourself.Will you be staying at Serena?Anyway,wake up early in the morning and the view is a killer.Don't say i didn't warn you.
View-of-Rakaposhi-form-Hunza.jpg
If i could get away, then planning a visit in August / September, never been there before so not sure of the stay.
Some years back when visiting Kalam , we would get up at dawn, the valley would be surrounded in blue mist and as Sun would rise, the mist would lift like a blanket. It was just mystical.

If i could get away, then planning a visit in August / September, never been there before so not sure of the stay.
Some years back when visiting Kalam , we would get up at dawn, the valley would be surrounded in blue mist and as Sun would rise, the mist would lift like a blanket. It was just mystical.

September would be spectacular. You'll see shades of orange, green, brown, pink and purple all in the most beautiful mosaic one can imagine. All the while being watched over by monstrous +7000 meter peaks such as Ultar Sar, Spantik, Diran, Rakaposhi, Malubiting, Kunyang Chish, etc. (How can one not fall in love with these names!)
You have nothing to fear about the stay either. Serena Hotel and the PTDC offer above par lodging, early breakfast at Cafe de Hunza, before noon visits of Baltit and Altit forts, evening picnic at Eagle's Nest, after dark stroll through the bazaar. All in the company of the nicest people in the world. You'll love it.

There are a hundred different trekking and climbing opportunities around it, if you are interested and will have enough time.

Or as the locals call it, Bublimating.

Last edited:
And then they tell you about the 140 year old Chachay ki khala ke Salay ka baita (Uncle's aunt's brother-in-law's son) who passed away a few years ago.

Their whole life style is 'life inducing', so to speak. And being such amazing people on the 'inside' must help a lot if not the most.

The view of the valley below from the balcony follows second.

Next time you go let me know. You won't need to carry all that gear all the way from BATRASI to Hunza. Btw, I'm guessing you guys camped at Eagle's Nest?

Krash lala I've been hoping n planning to visit the region since like 2 years.. Every time some shit hit the fan n I couldn't visit..

But this time I'm determined .. Hopefully in August ... Even alone if I have too (although it ain't much fun that way).

But I got some questions :

I'm thinking of driving all the way .. My ride is a CJ-5 with a 3400cc engine .. Not in perfect condition (it being a 74 model).. And if I take the jeep how muh would it cost me (POL and all - gives a 7km per liter) .. Also is the route safe ?
So any advice @WAJsal.
:Should I take the plane bus or my jeep.

All other stuff is pretty much sorted out.

P.S: abt tht "Hunza Water" yeah heard a lot about it .. I wonder if it's easily available ?..

Thanks..

Really like this image of Baltit Fort, just check the dramatic background.

10384827_1574166429487375_8583818900314255271_n.jpg

Yeti must live there lol

Back
Top Bottom