What's new

Hunza Valley: A whole new spectrum of colours

:o:

:astagh:

So this is the reason why you were singing 'Mary had a little lamb' in the middle of the night in Lahore while wearing a pink tutu and nothing else ! :unsure:

You promised you wouldn't ever tell :( That tutu looked good on me dammit!

I know it's their local wine ...but you just can't call it wine ....:p: .....hehehehe ......I have been to Chitral ....I have seen most of the Pakistan ....and let me share you one thing ....My all time favorite combination would be a Baluchi Sajji with a jug of Hunza Water .....you may find me the next morning sleeping in apricot orchid with a hen :rofl:

Hahaha yea people here get allergic to that word. Thank God someone who actually knows that. People keep drinking from the streams there thinking that that is Hunza water :lol:

And I can't agree more with you on the Sajji. My dad had his friends from Balochistan come over to cook for my aunt's wedding. On her barat every table just had a whole Bakra Sajji filled with yellow rice cooked with eggs, batair and teetar. People still remember that night and I can't forget it :( Btw have you tried the Kabuli pullao from Dasu? If not then you must! And this is coming from a guy who hates Kabuli Pullao otherwise.

Hahaha yea people here get allergic to that word. Thank God someone who actually knows that. People keep drinking from the streams there thinking that that is Hunza water :lol:

And I can't agree more with you on the Sajji. My dad had his friends from Balochistan come over to cook for my aunt's wedding. On her barat every table just had a whole Bakra Sajji filled with yellow rice cooked with eggs, batair and teetar. People still remember that night and I can't forget it :( Btw have you tried the Kabuli pullao from Dasu? If not then you must! And this is coming from a guy who hates Kabuli Pullao otherwise.
5529001994_5b234d8a7e.jpg
post-89173-0-21687600-1355735962.jpg

I have had Sajji for the first time in Lora Lai ....seeing my 'attacks' on the dish ....my host who was an Engineer uncle handed me over the rest to be taken home ...the rest 2 days ....i turned like a wolf on that ...my mouth is still watering :man_in_love:

Not fair!
Hahahahahaha

After doing Leh Ladhak, Hunza in one place that i want to ride upto...
If visa's were not issues I would have been riding all across the pakistan :)

Thanks for the share, Love you :)

Nice comments.

Did you guys know that Hunza is 1 out of 3 places in the world where people live exceptionally long lives? Out of those 3 Hunza ranks first. A land where everyone has perfect vision, no heart disease, no obesity, no mental illness, no ulcers and no degenerative disease. Reportedly, even cancer hasn't been able to cross the Karakoram into Hunza. I have met a 110+ year old father with his 90+ year old son working in their appricot orchard as if they were both 30. Scientists have been sent there over the years to figure it out but sadly for us no secret elixir of life just yet.

Check out "Secrets of the World's Healthiest and Oldest Living People" by John Westerdahl, Jay M. Hoffman. Also "50 Secrets of the World's Longest Living People" by Sally Beare.

I have been to Karim Abad ....It's wonderful ....like a fairy tale !
So did you go to the Baltit fort ? Most annoying and tiring thing the steep hills.BTW,i have a lot of family in Hunza.Could get you discount on some of the stuff.Plus,i don't have to pay anything for tour of the forts for which they normally charge 500 to 1000 depends.

5512b0f1d52fe.jpg

Royal Garden, Hunza.
Pakistan is one of the few countries with such a dynamic landscape; rivers, deserts, lakes, waterfalls, springs, glaciers we seem to have it all in great abundance.

The much renowned Hunza valley is often referred to as heaven on earth, enveloped in the grand Himalayas and the Karakoram mountain ranges, this place has been a great tourist attraction for many years.

For me it all happened when I was 22 years old and left the home without telling anyone and reached Gilgit. I did not know where to go from Gilgit; stranded, I heard a bus boy calling the passengers for Hunza. I had heard of Hunza, so I hopped the bus and I could only paint pictures in my mind of what was coming next.

5512b0e979f81.jpg

Autumn in Hunza valley.
5512b0ef5c707.jpg

The view at night.
5512b0edd9ab6.jpg

Blossom in Hunza.

5512b0eb0b9d0.jpg

Ganish village in Hunza.

5512b0eaaacb7.jpg

Baltit fort.

5512b0ec2fbf7.jpg

Autumn in Hunza valley.
5512b0f0c912f.jpg

View of Rakaposhi.

Every drop of blood in my body is worth it for my beautiful beloved land. I'm so proud!

Have plans to visit the area in the next trip specially Shigar Valley.

Pakistan's most well-kept secret

Baltit Fort, Hunza. Captured in twilight.
10801737_1548111672092851_3598719311290527467_n.jpg
Baltit fort lovely place.Hy,the way to it is very tiring,just a friendly advice.The best part is the top,the view of Rakaposhi ,unbelievable.You'll see for yourself.Will you be staying at Serena?Anyway,wake up early in the morning and the view is a killer.Don't say i didn't warn you.
View-of-Rakaposhi-form-Hunza.jpg

Back
Top Bottom