What's new

Hundreds in Pakistan pay tribute to bin Laden

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are reading too much into my original post. And sad to see you utterly refuse to comprehend any of my followups.

I have had a direct chat with Abingdon Boy.

But for some odd reason you are picking up a school yard style fight.

really sad to see.

@ Topic: I for one got the point you made.

Off Topic: I find you are a fairly competent historian hence I could learn a thing or two. I was reading another thread and you were almost Rabid in your hate for Assad (Syria). As that war is so full of contradiction and I personally am against the method: FSA and the likes.
Would you be kind enough to shed a little light as to why you have such strong views? After all I do not see you approach subjects with religious bias.

Quetta is full of afghan refugees , no one in rest of pk cares abt bin laden

Good, they should also gather chanda and open 'Bin Ladin University of Terror' and take their teachings to next level above madrassas.

@ Topic: I for one got the point you made.

Great. Thank you.

Off Topic: I find you are a fairly competent historian hence I could learn a thing or two. I was reading another thread and you were almost Rabid in your hate for Assad (Syria). As that war is so full of contradiction and I personally am against the method: FSA and the likes.
Would you be kind enough to shed a little light as to why you have such strong views? After all I do not see you approach subjects with religious bias.

Thank you for your kind remarks.

I am hesitant to answer your question for fear of derailing this thread.

May be I can copy your question in the following thread and answer it somehow.

Agreed?

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...al-assad-sends-letter-president-pakistan.html

Pew as well as Gallop surveys done after Osama's killing showed a majority of pakistanis considered Osama's death a bad thing with a good 44% considering him a martyr.

Welcome to Gallup Pakistan !

So its not just a hundred people.

@muse All citizens have the right to peaceful assembly,regardless of their beliefs. If American Nazis can march on the capital hill, these extremists can protest here too.

If i as an educated Pakistani, start to pick and choose on which citizens have rights and which don't,than i am no different to those very protestors.

I,personally would have them go to the people to march for OBL's death and be rejected than restricting their assembly rights and having them blow up some school or a market to mark OBL's death.

And, yes there is 'nothing wrong with the mods' here.

Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good, they should also gather chanda and open 'Bin Ladin University of Terror' and take their teachings to next level above madrassas.

Most of our 'chanda' is being spent on feeding 'your countrymen'.

No mention of counter-protesters at or near this event. So why shouldn't the world assume this is how Pakistanis really feel about OBL?

No mention of counter-protesters at or near this event. So why shouldn't the world assume this is how Pakistanis really feel about OBL?

What we in Pakistan have found is that the best method is to ignore them and they disappear.

The more you take on these goons using frontal assault, the more support they gather not just within Pakistan but from the whole region.

For a casual observer it may be that Pakistanis support OBL.

But if you dig down a bit, OBL is now valued a bit more than a road kill.

Hope you understand.

You get nuts every where....at least they can speak their mind and are not harmed in the street.

Fateh dear,

You post is a bit of intellectual dishonesty. Sorry to be blunt.

why?

That survey belongs to 2011 almost 2 years ago.

Things have changed since then.

Had you done a survey during GW-1, you wound have found big support surveys for Sad-Damn Hussain.

These are just transient thoughts.

What really matters is how Indians treat us and we treat them.

We are stuck with each other for a long haul. Everything else is transitory.

So let's try to be at least intellectually honest about each other.

thank you

Sir, it is two years old and thats the latest I could find. You may suggest there is change in pakistan's public mood and pakistani people, who considered Osama a martyr (religious connotation presumed) two years ago do not do so now, and I say while thats not impossible, people changing the religious martyr tag for a person is extremely unlikely in my opinion.

Now why is this even necessary to find out, we can say that none of these attitudes are important for a peaceful coexistence, or one may say these attitudes affect one's will and desire for a peaceful coexistance with Hindus. Its obvious what I believe in.

BTW do you have any latest data on the subject matter that has been scientifically gathered?

What we in Pakistan have found is that the best method is to ignore them and they disappear.

The more you take on these goons using frontal assault, the more support they gather not just within Pakistan but from the whole region.

For a casual observer it may be that Pakistanis support OBL.

But if you dig down a bit, OBL is now valued a bit more than a road kill.

Hope you understand.
I've hung out at this forum on and off for five years now and you're the first Pakistani to explain this to me. Can you back up what appears to be a cowardly and (given the growth of militancy) ineffective approach with supporting examples?

@muse All citizens have the right to peaceful assembly,regardless of their beliefs. If American Nazis can march on the capital hill, these extremists can protest here too.

If i as an educated Pakistani, start to pick and choose on which citizens have rights and which don't,than i am no different to those very protestors.

I,personally would have them go to the people to march for OBL's death and be rejected than restricting their assembly rights and having them blow up some school or a market to mark OBL's death.

And, yes there is 'nothing wrong with the mods' here.

Regards.

This is an example of the lunacy that many in Pakistan think of as proper, yes, all have a right to peaceful assembly, but rights are conditioned by responsibilities - I would ask whether you appreciate this -- The problem of so many in Pakistan is that they are morally confused, they create relationships or equations between moral opposites and posit them as if they were relationships of equals.
You say better a OBL march tn an OBL bomb tribute - are these our choices?? bad and worse is our public morality? our democratic right??

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom