What's new

Humiliation for Scotland as Japan's whisky is named 'best in world' (and even the English do better)

From Sweden but never got to experience the snow - at least not then as I've been back many times, live in Virginia where it's hot, humid and close to beaches, not my favorite place. The Shenandoah's are nice, but in the US the best skiing, and the best outdoor activities in general, are in Utah. I have family there (not LDS, someone always asks when talking about Utah) and I go see them usually around late November - early December, always venture into Park City for some shopping, and then out to Brighton for great skiing. Awesome back-country too, if your not a fan of the slopes.

As for looking you up if I'm in the region, I would absolutely be honored to. Though I would only do so If you and I are in Japan at the same time as I tend to stay away from New Jersey.

I've never been to the Shenandoah region, now you've sparked my interest to know more about that area. If ever you're planning to be in Japan for tour or just to visit, give me a head's up.

The weather and temperature here in New Jersey (i live now in southern new jersey, so its nothing close to Newark) is very similar to that in Japan; you get all 4 seasons, lol. Tho the winters here isn't as bad as back in my hometown (Sapporo).

Your family is from Utah? That's awesome ! I hear its really beautiful over there in the southwestern states. Gorgeous country. (I'm basing my opinion on National Geographic documentaries! ha ha! )

I've never been to the Shenandoah region, now you've sparked my interest to know more about that area. If ever you're planning to be in Japan for tour or just to visit, give me a head's up.

The weather and temperature here in New Jersey (i live now in southern new jersey, so its nothing close to Newark) is very similar to that in Japan; you get all 4 seasons, lol. Tho the winters here isn't as bad as back in my hometown (Sapporo).

Your family is from Utah? That's awesome ! I hear its really beautiful over there in the southwestern states. Gorgeous country.

Utah is beautiful in many parts, but ugly in others. Big and Little Cottonwood canyon are lovely and great for hiking, uphill and off road biking, lots of high-altitude lakes up both canyons as well. Flaming Gorge is great as well. Lots of caves to explore near King's peak, while if you like the desert than Moab and its sand dunes are your best choice. If you want to see some sights than Moab can fulfill that too. Really, so long as you stay away from the cities and the Oquirrh mountains where the Kennecott copper mine and the Dugway Proving grounds are (good luck getting close to that) you should be great. Stay by the Wasatch instead.

As far as the Shenandoah's are concerned, they are the best skiing in the East as far as I'm concerned, but not the best in the nation.

Here's a few picks of Utah's climate and landscape... you have to get out there it's amazing! My favorite state in the US

7305087_org.jpg

images.jpg

url.jpg

images.jpg

wasatch-mountains-utah-utah-images.jpg

Backcountry-Skiing-Photo-Mount-Carlyle-Lodge.jpg

100827_Sundance-Resort-Lift-Tickets.jpg

images.jpg

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom