What's new

HQ 9 / FD2000 spotted in Pakistan

picture proves nothing but yes they will come...(if not already arrived)

However, long-range SAM systems would need to be under Air Force control, Tufail added, as the service has “a far greater visibility of the air defense ground environment and can not only manage such a system better, but can prevent fratricide in a [beyond-visual-range] shooting scenario."
Agreed. The same thing I said before

HQ 9 or FD2000 spotted in Pakistan.
FD2000 is long-range Higher altitude Surface to Air missiles system .
It is the Chinese counterpart to Russian S300 and Patriot SAM systems

84304178_744274739434704_1555245294680014848_n.jpg
Dont the missile tubes diameter look more than usual hq-9 and length much less than usual ?
images.jpeg

I would love to see HQ-9 in Pakistan but dont think it is...

The pic looks weird, and which part is the transporter-erector-launcher?
Sorry I wasn't present during this deployment, just sharing from various sources and this was reported by news agencies.
During early 2015, Pakistan became the first country to start negotiations on the import of the HQ-9 and HQ-16 with China. In December 2018, it was reported in few media circles that Pakistan is now studying the feasibility of procuring three or four FD-2000 SAM systems to fulfill its long-range air defense requirements

Sorry I wasn't present during this deployment, just sharing from various sources and this was reported by news agencies.
During early 2015, Pakistan became the first country to start negotiations on the import of the HQ-9 and HQ-16 with China. In December 2018, it was reported in few media circles that Pakistan is now studying the feasibility of procuring three or four FD-2000 SAM systems to fulfill its long-range air defense requirements
word is that 1 odd regiment has already been raised prior to arrival of systems.

Sky_Dragon_50_GAS2_Medium-Range_Surface-to-Air_defense_missile_system_China_Chinese_defense_industry_military_equipment_640_001.jpg

It could be this one. Sky Dragon 50 Air Defence system from China. It was on display during IDEAS 2018

Back
Top Bottom