What's new

HQ-9 Air Defence System acquired by PAF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post deleted..

Last edited:
HQ-9 Air Defence System....being acquited by PAF secretly

how is it a secret when its discussed in open forum ?

Secrecy means, it has not been revealed in public or any official comment about it.

But chances are that may be the system is in service, speculation. So if its a speculation, it may still be a secrecy.

HQ-9 Air Defence System....being acquited by PAF secretly

how is it a secret when its discussed in open forum ?

Because the HQ-9 Radar and control system has been spotted in Pakistan also mentioned in above article.

Its too early to say such a thing , this article looks like a Joke to me.

actually i dont realized that before when our PAF officles said they can easily engage IAF jets on different levels ..i mean su 30 mki flys way above spada and known AD systems in pakistan so there is a probablity that a system can not only detect but cause serious threat to this jet thats y it turned back ...without this system the f 16 might not have been able to scare him away that easy

YLC-2 3D long range phase array radar, which is HQ-9 SAM control radar is in service since 2002 so chances are that the system is already inducted as it was analyzed in 2005. Still not confirmed though.

one thing some one menchoned isreal went into syria to destroy n plants ... did they have s 300?

Secrecy means, it has not been revealed in public or any official comment about it.

But chances are that may be the system is in service, speculation. So if its a speculation, it may still be a secrecy.

many weapon systems are not revealed in public by many countries many are forum speculations
and that chances of it been there in service is proportional to the chances of it not being there unless some expect on the matter got a leak from somewhere as per my following from good chinese sources they are still perfecting the HQ-9 but again what i am saying is speculation as i do not have any sources officially

but for all speculation there as to be a basis if the news is true then its good for pakistan and PAF

Because the HQ-9 Radar and control system has been spotted in Pakistan also mentioned in above article.

Its too early to say such a thing , this article looks like a Joke to me.

i can show you original pics of S-300 on the mumbai - worli sea link phtos taken by my forum member here you go still india never confirmed the presence of S-300 till today
photos of radar and tech not show the operational ability of a system hig end systems need more to be operational and its beyond speculation with some pictures

here are the S-300 system on indian roads check this does it show its operational ? big question

52332d1222176268t-army-motorcade-worli-sea-face-image_050.jpg

52334d1222176268t-army-motorcade-worli-sea-face-image_052.jpg

many weapon systems are not revealed in public by many countries many are forum speculations
and that chances of it been there in service is proportional to the chances of it not being there unless some expect on the matter got a leak from somewhere as per my following from good chinese sources they are still perfecting the HQ-9 but again what i am saying is speculation as i do not have any sources officially

but for all speculation there as to be a basis if the news is true then its good for pakistan and PAF

Yes, China is perfecting it, as its natural, every weapon systems after its made, goes through more perfection and modifications.

Take the example of A-100 MBRL, which was rumored to have been acquired by Pakistan, and this rumor came out a year or more back, but there was no official confirmation, but we saw the system in the recent war games in the desert area, thus confirming the rumor.

Similarly, we have acquired, some Chinese radars in the last few years, one type is compatible rather is used in the HQ-9 system. Plus, the news of Pakistan acquiring the system came up with India started to get in service its MKIs. If we look at history, whenever India has introduced a unique platform to the sub continent, Pakistan has gone for a counter system one way or another, but for MKIs we can't have a similar platform in the short run, thus the natural choice would come to a LR-SAM system to protect vital places.

And as per past tradition, nearly every rumor that came out between China and Pakistan has been true, be it nuclear help or missiles or weapon systems, thus this one can be as good as the past ones.

Pakistan may not have inducted in big numbers, but enough for now to protect the vital installations and areas, as it is looking for a more lethal variant with limited ABM capability, which we may see in future.

i can show you original pics of S-300 on the mumbai - worli sea link phtos taken by my forum member here you go still india never confirmed the presence of S-300 till today
photos of radar and tech not show the operational ability of a system hig end systems need more to be operational and its beyond speculation with some pictures

here are the S-300 system on indian roads check this does it show its operational ? big question

Indian acquisition of S-300 is no secret, world knows about it. There are not one rather many sources to have confirmed this deal.

And your these pictures are further proof of that.

Secret would be does Iran has it ?? Does Pakistan have HQ-9 ?? As there is neither a picture, nor many confirmed sources.

If we look at history, whenever India has introduced a unique platform to the sub continent, Pakistan has gone for a counter system one way or another

yes i agree to your points but the quoted part was true till a few years back but in the last 3-4 years every morning i get up and have breakfast i see india buying new weapons this , that or planes that history bit has been now overwhelmed

as far the discussion check my next post i saw having a part of the system does not confer the operational ability the thread here speaks about taking out MKIs from other members also thats why i said the system being operational is a big question mark so the claims of taking out mkis can only be true if any official confirms the operational ability

Hi
If Pakistan has acquired HQ-9 SAM then is it operated by Army's Air defence or Air force

Indian acquisition of S-300 is no secret, world knows about it. There are not one rather many sources to have confirmed this deal.

And your these pictures are further proof of that.

Secret would be does Iran has it ?? Does Pakistan have HQ-9 ?? As there is neither a picture, nor many confirmed sources.

out of the many sources none of the indian armed forces officials or the government has ever confirmed thats what my indian friends tells me nobody knows why version of the S-300 they have and if they are actually using it or not using it as far as i know india has mentioned the future israeli sams , M-R sams but why not the S-300 might be they do not use it in active way but have it on standby

thats why i say until and unless the government sources claim it its deemed as a non-responsive/negative so on paper still pakistan does not have it its a speculation based on some leaked info here and there
do you agree to this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom