What's new

How's your perception of other nations changed on the PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, ask anyone in the world to name a Chinese movie, and they will come up with something like "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon".

But ask anyone in the world to name an Indian movie, and the only name they can come up with, is "Mumbai millionaire" which was actually made by WESTERNERS. :P

Ask anyone in the world to name Chinese movie stars, and they will say Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, Jet Li.

But ask them to name any Indian movie stars? LOL... nothing comes to mind...

Bruce Lee, Jet Lee and Jackie Chan - All Hollywood actors, ie. Their films are made by westerners. 'Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon' is an American, Hong-Kong, Taiwanese production, ie. 1/3 made by westerners... Oh, and it isn't as popular as you like to think.

And about Indian movies stars, I hear Bollywood is quite popular in Afghanistan and the middle east, not to mention south Asia.

Like I said, ask anyone in the world to name Chinese movie stars, you've got Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan and Jet Li, right off the top of their heads.

thats because of hollywood..without seeing "Who am I"..i would be asking who the fark is this jackie chan guy ...was he an extra in "Om Shanthi Om" ?

Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan and Jet Li were famous in China a long time before they ever set foot in Hollywood. .

lol...they were famous in china...and asin is famous in india...so what ?? but they became famous worldwide only after acting in Hollywood movies....face it elitist...

without hollywood they would have been just famous in china...not everywhere...

and btw whats up with the names "jachie", "bruce" etc..are they authentic chinese names..?

Look big boiiii.

We all know they got famous, because of Hollywood. Lets be honest big boiiiiiii..

Hollywood was the platform they used to get that big, period.

Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan and Jet Li were famous in China a long time before they ever set foot in Hollywood. :wave:

Face it Indians, even despite China's soft power being extremely weak... people can still name our movie stars off the top of their heads. But they can't name any Indian ones. :P

So while China is (admittedly) far behind in terms of soft power, India is even further behind than we are, by a significant margin..

Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan and Jet Li were famous in China a long time before they ever set foot in Hollywood.

Did we know of them when they were famous in China?? Be serious, if they never entered Hollywood and didn't become successful, no one would know of them.

Just like the fact Peter Jackson is a Kiwi, but he wouldn't be this famous with out America(Hollywood).

James Cameron is Canadian, would he be known world wide with out America(Hollywood)? Nope

Know, I want to see Tony Leung Chiu-Wai being famous world wide.

Sh*t, at least people world wide knows Bollywood even exists.

Roy is my surname brah. Whats so funny about that?

I was pretty sure that it's an Irish name, but I may be wrong. Please educate me.

Jackie Chan et al. being popular is akin to Freida Pinto, Kal Penn and John Cho being popular.

Great Chinese soft power!

... No bro, just Hollywood.

Roy is very common surname in India. Nothing to do with the Irish. Just like Lee is an Anglo name and a very common Chinese surname.

You have been educated.

Common pre- British East India company or after? :woot:

I was pretty sure that it's an Irish name, but I may be wrong. Please educate me.

We're not all patels and singhs you know. there's a fairly well known journo in india as well, Prannoy Roy.
you're acting like CD when he was surprised to see north east indian girls :lol:

Jackie Chan et al. being popular is akin to Freida Pinto, Kal Penn and John Cho being popular.

Great Chinese soft power!

... No bro, just Hollywood.

Except that none of those three names will be recalled by a random person in the world off the top of their head.

We're not all hindoos you know. there's a fairly well known journo in india as well, Prannoy Roy.
you're acting like CD when he was surprised to see north east indian girls :lol:

LOL, I always knew Northeast Indians were of Tibeto-Burmese descent.

I.e. They look nothing like Indians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom