What's new

How you celebrate christmas?

I love Christmas. The snow. The presents. The festivity and decorated cities. The brotherliness with our friends in Scotland and Britain, who we give a tree to every year. It's all such a grand affair:smitten:.

201212_Christmasb.jpg

I've got my parents coming over for the holidays, which is going to be great since I've been feuding with them for the past 12 years:lol:. I figure my five month old daughter and their first grandchild can help break the ice and sooth some of the tensions.

I've also had my Christmas tree up since late November:D. @waz I somehow exited our PM, can you post a picture of my Christmas Tree for me:angel:?
Does it helps that santa clause lives closer to you guys than the rest of the world. I mean do you guys get better presents or something being the neighbour of santa ?

I always love this time of the year so much.

I got our tree yesterday:

eiqufbej.jpg

With this the work i have to do for Christmas is done :D

The rest is done by my grandmothers, my mother and sister as well my girlfriend. My mother prepared the crib which is displayed in the entrance of our house.

On christmas eve all my family meets and we at together. Its evry year same procedure. We eat fish and then later on go to church where we have mess until after midnight. Then we go home and eat cake.

We only exchange small gifts then with each other.
We get the big gifts at January 6th. :D

@vostok @flamer84 @waz @Vergennes

My entire family gathers on Christmas day and we eat a grand meal. I often go out to help the homeless on the streets of London. To all my Christian friends and neighbours I give cards and chocolates. I love listening to carols, and generally have a merry time.

@A.P. Richelieu , is that the same ham we eat in the US?

Or is it more like speck or prosciutto?

@MarkusS ,That is what limoncello is for! Or a nice hot milk and Rum !

The ham is first boiled, and then you put a mixture of mustard and breadcrust on top,
and put it into the oven for 15 minutes.
Prosciutto is dried ham, possibly smoked, and is very nice too, but not on the Julbord.

What I remember from US visits is that the ham looks like this.
image.jpeg

Pre-cut, and often created from small pieces of ham, "glued" together.
There is a world of difference,

Does it helps that santa clause lives closer to you guys than the rest of the world. I mean do you guys get better presents or something being the neighbour of santa ?

No, it does not help.
We get better presents because we are nice guys, LOL!

I might be too drunk to remember your name depending on how my visit with the family goes, but I'll try my best to keep everyone in mind as I'm enjoying the holidays and spreading cheer:partay:.

But I've got my emergency wine on standby just in case:lol:.

Custom-Wine-Cellar-by-Genuwine-Cellars.jpg
This is what remains of my brothers wine cellar.
image.jpeg

@A.P. Richelieu , no we have also the ham you showed in first picture. The sliced ham I eat as a snack with cheese. Ham is one of my favorite foods. Xmas we usually do ham or turkey.

lebkuchen, glühwein, warm peppermint tea, big meal with both sides of my family on Christmas eve and day.
I always enjoyed Christmas as a child, not the same at age 21 though.

Does it helps that santa clause lives closer to you guys than the rest of the world.

Help? HELP?? Does it help that we live closer to some fat dude who breaks into people's homes and eats their food? Those are my milk and cookies!!

Nah it doesn't help. If anything we need to be extra prepared for this jolly prowler. Fortunately in recent years Norway has installed its Norwegian Anti-Santa Advanced Missile System, or NASAMS for short, to watch our skies for flying sleighs:sniper:.

20160511MMQ_0015.t57344574.m1600.x7e8723b1.jpg

What kind of creep knows when you are sleeping or awake:blink:?

Last edited by a moderator:
Help? HELP?? Does it help that we live closer to some fat dude who breaks into people's homes and eats their food? Those are my milk and cookies!!

Nah it doesn't help. If anything we need to be extra prepared for this jolly prowler. Fortunately in recent years Norway has installed its Norwegian Anti-Santa Advanced Missile System, or NASAMS for short, to watch our skies for flying sleighs:sniper:.

20160511MMQ_0015.t57344574.m1600.x7e8723b1.jpg

What kind of creep knows when you are sleeping or awake:blink:?
That's very rich coming from Norwegians. The whole world knows before oil was discovered Norwegian economy was completely dependent upon the trade with elves. You guys should let him have a few cookies for old times sake.

Have a great Christmas guys and Happy Holidays to the rest.

We celebrate it in same way as christians celebrate Eids

Wish you all a Happy Xmas. Dont drink too much

Back
Top Bottom