What's new

How you celebrate christmas?

MarkusS

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I always love this time of the year so much.

I got our tree yesterday:

eiqufbej.jpg

With this the work i have to do for Christmas is done :D

The rest is done by my grandmothers, my mother and sister as well my girlfriend. My mother prepared the crib which is displayed in the entrance of our house.

On christmas eve all my family meets and we at together. Its evry year same procedure. We eat fish and then later on go to church where we have mess until after midnight. Then we go home and eat cake.

We only exchange small gifts then with each other.
We get the big gifts at January 6th. :D

@vostok @flamer84 @waz @Vergennes

I love Christmas. The snow. The presents. The festivity and decorated cities. The brotherliness with our friends in Scotland and Britain, who we give a tree to every year. It's all such a grand affair:smitten:.

201212_Christmasb.jpg

I've got my parents coming over for the holidays, which is going to be great since I've been feuding with them for the past 12 years:lol:. I figure my five month old daughter and their first grandchild can help break the ice and sooth some of the tensions.

I've also had my Christmas tree up since late November:D. @waz I somehow exited our PM, can you post a picture of my Christmas Tree for me:angel:?

Last edited by a moderator:
traditional_christmas_38771_16x9.jpg

The one with lots of almonds encrusted in it and copious amounts of custard. Ahh love it - sticky an' all. I love Christmas lights as well although I don't have any around the house lest all the local mullah types start calling me 'kaffir, kaffir'.

Ps. Although my neighbour across has his house shining so if it snows and I hope it does the view out of my window should be great.

That's what I call a tree ! :P

This year I would not do as usual,I am going to be at our church as we will organize a dinner,to the poor persons,those that are alone and the old persons. I think that it's important to help others in this moment,and seeing others smiling and saying 'Merci' is just an amazing sensation. I will not be with my family,but think they understand.

I want to try celebrating Christmas at least once in my life. The tree seems like hassle though, might try to order a plastic one. :P

Go minimalist:D.

6ft-pre-lit-twig-christmas-tree.jpg

Pine trees shed needles badly too and need water, which might stain any carpet underneath green, or else they'll wither after a few days.

It's a hassle and I actually prefer plastic trees to real ones:partay:

Last edited by a moderator:

The one with lots of almonds encrusted in it and copious amounts of custard. Ahh love it - sticky an' all. I love Christmas lights as well although I don't have any around the house lest all the local mullah types start calling me 'kaffir, kaffir'.

looks like a sugar bomb :D

We also have our entire city full with lights and a christmas market and ice kating on our market place:

LuccaXmasLights2.jpg

LuccaXmasLIghts1.jpg

And what i like most...you start to talk with people you have anger with.

For example i had a friend i knew from school. We did always hang around with each and then it broke because a girl. We even had a fight...

When we encountered in the streets we did not even greet each other anymore. Yesterday he also did buy a tree and was there with his mother. For some time we tried to look at different direction but then he came over, asked whats up, how i´m and so on. :D

So @Technogaianist i wish you best for your family reunion.

Ps. Although my neighbour across has his house shining so if it snows and I hope it does the view out of my window should be great.

Another horror coming from the UK. :sick:

The "Bûche de Noël" as we call it here is far better I think. :agree:

:lol::lol::lol: you got those in your vicinity too
No friggin escaping them. I live well on the suburbs but just few days ago my door knocked and there was bunch of them trying to raise some money. How the hell they knew I was the only Muslim in the grove I have no idea. Pakistani's as you know are the most narrow minded bigots that Allah ever sent down to earth. If your light they will call you 'gora', if your dark they will call you 'kala', if your in the middle they will call you typical, if you place Christmas lighs just to sort of fit in they will call you 'kaffir'. I am sure you know the deal.

That's what I call a tree ! :P

This year I would not do as usual,I am going to be at our church as we will organize a dinner,to the poor persons,those that are alone and the old persons. I think that it's important to help others in this moment,and seeing others smiling and saying 'Merci' is just an amazing sensation. I will not be with my family,but think they understand.

ahhhh stop make me feel like a bad person :D

The women make cakes here they sell at church and also give the poor.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom