What's new

How we can make Pakistan better - Two most important industries of Pakistan

Neither of the above will do that "magic" you expect!! With floods and damaged crop, these will take a direct hit.

Here is what we should focus on:
- TECH: Both free lancing and working with the US / EU in getting Tech maintenance contracts and build a a partnership
- Free Lancing: Teach our youth on what's hot and allow that skillset. Our youth is selling itself cheap by doing "logo design" and "coding" when the real stuff is far from distance such as Cloud, IOT, Project Management, Tech architecture (all high paying)
- Create IT boom internally
- License produce things for CPEC as it's going to be around for next 10-15 years. Heavy machinery (pick something like a Dump truck or Crane, etc) and build an industry to build those locally and setup support services for all equipment locally.
- I know there are companies that build Hydraulic a generation behind. Upgrade these companies and build and export Hydraulics. These will always remain hot as humans use equipment, cars, trucks, machines, all with Hydraulics.
- Create a high paying healthcare boom with Nursing, Dentistry, Medicine (specialized) and introduce Robotics in medicine and train Doctors and Surgeons on it. The WB gives grants for this work. EXPORT our Doctors and Surgeons when they are trained. India does that.
- Establish Pharmaceutical R&D here, That's billions of dollars in research that come in every year for advance research in medicine, protocols, etc.
- Add traditional stuff like Sports equipment, Textile, etc, etc. But the above are the QUICKEST way to earn much needed revenue!
These are good but pretty obvious measures. Why hasn't this been done or occurred to your leaders so far? Isn't that the real problem to solve.

To a similar but lesser degree same applies to India as well - ours is not a what to do problem , rather why hasn't it been possible to date prob

Kick military generals out of politics. Things will start flowing in the right direction.

Talking about everything else is bullsh*t. This is the core issue which is not letting country prosper.

Kick military generals out of politics.
Would that be enough? Most of the institutions of excellence in Pakistan aren’t headed by domain experts but military officers. They can take an institution only to an extent not beyond. If it has to really excel, then people with expertise need to get a free hand. Which is not the case right now.

Politics, education, diplomacy, science, tech etc etc. Establishment has a finger in every pie.

Last edited:
Would that be enough? Most the institutions of excellence in Pakistan aren’t headed by domain experts but military officers. They can take an institution only to an extent not beyond. If it has to really excel, then people with expertise need to get a free hand. Which is not the case right now.

Politics, education, diplomacy, science, tech etc etc. Establishment has a finger in every pie.
There are two reasons why, one is that they see military officers as simply superior to civilians, with higher intellect and understanding so they think they'll do better, and another is due to nepotism, they make deals regarding who will take which posts based on favouritism/bias/money and keep a structure where it's always a military officer making money from that position.

Due to this they're simply just allowing every institution to deteriorate themselves out of pure ignorance and for selfish reasons until it becomes useless at it's purpose.

Move to industrialisation instead of real estate rent seeking mentality.
I feel part of the problem is the obsession of Pakistanis (local and overseas) in real estate.

Demand creates supply.

The boys get land at throwaway prices (in some cases free), develop and build real estate which they get as part of the perk, and then sell it off for 10,100,1000x.

The problem is multitude but also arises from the fact of real estate obsession. I believe, things are changing, and the peak prices of real estate in Pakistan helps sway potential investors to look elsewhere.

There are two reasons why, one is that they see military officers as simply superior to civilians, with higher intellect and understanding so they think they'll do better, and another is due to nepotism, they make deals regarding who will take which posts based on favouritism/bias/money and keep a structure where it's always a military officer making money from that position.
It’s not that India is free of this. Here, it is not military but other groups working to further their own interests. So many institutions were languishing in neglect or working way below their potential because a small coterie controlled them to their own good. This includes institutions like DRDO, HAL etc etc. Why didn’t LCA come out good initially? Just one case.
Few of them did excel though, like ISRO. So many other institutions of higher learning have done a damn good job. None of them are under military or bureaucrats, but experts of eminence.

The current government has done some serious a** kicking to get things moving. There is massive resistance to it. These institutions are still working well below their potential. But change has taken place for good.

Most important thing that is required for a change is ‘POLITICAL WILL’ and POLITICIANS who want that change. Now that is a tough requirement to be met.
Good luck.

I feel part of the problem is the obsession of Pakistanis (local and overseas) in real estate.

Demand creates supply.

The boys get land at throwaway prices (in some cases free), develop and build real estate which they get as part of the perk, and then sell it off for 10,100,1000x.

The problem is multitude but also arises from the fact of real estate obsession. I believe, things are changing, and the peak prices of real estate in Pakistan helps sway potential investors to look elsewhere.
Ive seen one too many rags to riches folks and they immediately put in a real estate investment. Mind you this from tech. So instead of expanding product lines and hiring more employees it comes down to this. Ghar banao rent pr charhao. Lowest effort tripe.

These are good but pretty obvious measures. Why hasn't this been done or occurred to your leaders so far? Isn't that the real problem to solve.

To a similar but lesser degree same applies to India as well - ours is not a what to do problem , rather why hasn't it been possible to date prob

There are multiple problems. One being a "systematic" issue. The most critical aspect to this is political instability. I think these things are about to get ironed out and from 2023 end, Pakistan will start to inch forward.

India's become much modern due to having worked with the American and EU partners for now almost 3 decades. Team work is the key. In Pakistan that mindset is not there yet and the rich only want to do what makes $$ for them vs. investing in future endeavors. Without local investments and participation, you couldn't do pretty much anything.

Yeah but to give a negative rating for sake of it is also wrong as well and shows faulty judgement as well.

Stop acting as if you are the only mod here, there are others like @waz , they can evaluate my posts as well.

And I exercised my freedom of speech by laughing at your post. I have a right to do that as well.
That jerk abuse his negative ratings on strictly people of certain backgrounds or views he dislikes. His power to give negative ratings should be stripped, he is unfit to judge on PDF. He produces lots of garbage comments on the posts, he pretends he is an expert in every field know better than anyone on the subjects, his views and comments are full of lies and crap, I stopped reading his garbages long time ago, just waste of time.

Kick military generals out of politics. Things will start flowing in the right direction.

Talking about everything else is bullsh*t. This is the core issue which is not letting country prosper.

This has happened. Now the ball is in the Civilian court. The politicians need to stop sucking blood of this nation and once perform. And that include every single politician (minus Siraj Ulhaq)!

Back
Top Bottom