What's new

How to tell if your Galaxy Note 7 might explode

still beter then any galalxy i phone

14211927_10157402076780416_4693364831416532629_n.jpg
When I saw the fire extinguisher, I couldn't help myself ..... :rofl:

Thanks for the picture.

Is CATL somewhat related to ATL?

CATL is a top-notch supplier(the second behind BYD if I am not wrong) of lithium-ion batteries to new energy vehicle makers.

Battery Maker Helping Power China Electric Car Boom Plans IPO

Jie Ma @Toousagi

September 1, 2016 — 5:00 PM EDT

Contemporary Amperex Technology Co., China’s second-biggest maker of batteries for electric vehicles, is planning an initial public offering to fund an expansion as the government pushes to boost the sale of plug-in cars.

The company plans to list on China’s over-the-counter stock market as soon as possible, CATL Marketing Director Neill Yang said in an interview. The maker of lithium-ion batteries will use the funds raised to build new factories, with Yang forecasting as much as a 10-fold increase in sales to 100 billion yuan ($15 billion) by 2020.

Battery makers are expanding production capacity to support rising sales of plug-in vehicles, as China overtook the U.S. to become the world’s largest EV market with a tripling in deliveries last year. Global demand for vehicle batteries may jump fivefold by 2020 and China probably will account for more than half of global capacity by then, according to estimates by Bank of America Merrill Lynch.

“The new-energy vehicle market is growing faster than we had expected,” Yang said last week. “We now have plenty of orders to fill because the demand is shifting toward the best companies in the industry.”

Building Capacity

CATL had capacity of 2.4 gigawatt-hours last year and plans to as much as triple that this year, Yang said. The company has two plants in China and will start building a third domestic factory soon, he said. Its local customers include BAIC Motor Corp. and Geely Automobile Holdings Ltd.

The company is preparing to build its first overseas plant in Europe and will pursue business with U.S. carmakers, Yang said. The company’s three European customers include BMW AG, and it’s trying to woo more global automakers, he said.

CATL was founded in 2011 by TDK Corp.-owned Amperex Technology Co. The company may pass Warren Buffett-backed BYD Co. to become the largest Chinese battery maker in 2018, according to Bank of America Merrill Lynch.

Other competitors include Wanxiang Group, which bought A123 Systems and Fisker Automotive Inc., and is planning to build an electric vehicle factory in Hangzhou.

China Factories

Japanese and Korean companies are also opening China factories. Samsung SDI Co. and LG Chem Ltd. have built plants in Xi’an and Nanjing. Panasonic Corp., the world’s largest EV battery maker and supplier to Tesla Motors Inc., is building a factory in Dalian, targeting production in 2017.

“With a lot of companies announcing aggressive plans for the battery making business, the competition is getting more and more fierce,” said Zheng Hu, an analyst at Bloomberg New Energy Finance in Beijing. “Eventually, there will be a consolidation in the industry.”

For now, domestic suppliers benefit from preferential policies to support the industry, while Korean and Japanese battery makers have so far been excluded from receiving Chinese incentives.

CATL is preparing for the day when the subsidies become negligible, Yang said.

“What we will do is to make ourselves stronger and compete with foreign manufacturers on a level playing field globally.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...lping-power-china-electric-car-boom-plans-ipo

Better yet, buy a China brand.

Problem solved.

Huawei P8 Lite Takes 2 Bullets For Its Owner
By Tyler Lee on 09/06/2016 16:59 PDT

huawei-p8-lite-shot.jpg
In the past we have heard stories of how phones have saved the lives of its owners, and we don’t mean that in a metaphorical sense, but literal sense where phones have successfully managed to stop bullets or shrapnel from causing some serious damage, and it looks like that trend is continuing.

According to a recent report, a 41-year old man by the name of Siraaj Abrahams of Cape Town was apparently saved by his Huawei P8 Lite. Abrahams was pulling into his driveway last week when he was approached by two muggers who then proceeded to shoot him twice in the chest, but thankfully due to the placement of his phone, the poor Huawei P8 Lite took two bullets for him, ultimately saving his life in the process, although it was reported that his heart had briefly stopped after he was shot.

Naturally this was pretty good PR for the folks at Huawei who took notice of it. The company decided to take Abrahams and his wife out for lunch where they presented him with a brand new Huawei P9 Lite as a replacement handset. They even arranged for Abrahams to attend all of the home matches of the Ajax Cape Town soccer team as a VIP guest, thanks mainly to the fact that Huawei is one of the sponsors of the team.

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2016/09/huawei-p8-lite-takes-2-bullets/

My previous phone was Xiaomi Mi3. totally loved it.

Made in China means - High standard, safety and good Quality !
Only if you are prepared to pay for it.

If you pay less, you will get less quality and standard.

If you are willing to pay more, you get better stuff.

By and large, you get what you pay for.

Export them to Syria ! ISIS would love them :D
You have a wicked sense of humour!

But it's a good joke, I had a laugh.

Buying Samsung in China is regarded as stupid....
The once popular brand in China is now quite a mediocre brand way after Huawei, OPPO and VIVO.

Samsung, along with Apple (and HTC :() are now increasingly considered as dull and unexciting by youngsters. That's a death spell on any tech company.

If you want to remain in the market as dominant actor, you need to get young people excited (I am not talking about cult worshippers; that's also not sustainable in the long run).

Huawei, OPPO and the likes seem to be generating new exciting stuff at every turn.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom