What's new

How to tell if your Galaxy Note 7 might explode

I love "Note" series phones and was going to upgrade mine, but I guess, I will have to hang on to mine until little longer :cray:
I am using not 4 since 1 year & few months. Still enjoying. Nothing to complain.. While i just got iphone se too.
I love that combination note 4 and my Little Iphone SE.
Note 4 has still excellent battery, while i love iphone SE too. Easily gets 1.5 days for normal use including watching songs, and playing games.
I can't live without use of Spen feature in daily life. One of the reason i am staying with my note 4 and got iphone first time in life, i am very happy with the investment. Nothing beats iphone camera and quality. But you are forced to use legal apps, which i am ok with IOS.
You can still buy note 4 in less price. No need to take risk with note 7.

I know mine wont explode.......................Because i aint got any :partay:
Sony fan here.Anxiously awaiting XZ's release.
SonyXperiaXZ_0.jpg

Samsung note 7 was made in India, so explosion is Indian style plus for your life. So don't complained. I banned Samsung and Apple long ago. So you all should learn now or you guys be next victim.

Are you sure it's assembled in India?

This will surely damage the profit and reputation of samsung

explosive-start-for-samsung-galaxy-note-7-more-phones-catch-fire-while-charging-507793-4.jpg

I like Samsung phones simply because they offer best camera in mobile and also best display as i personally like Amoled display. Sony mobiles are more durable but poor camera phones which is strange because Samsung phone use sony sensor but i think image processing is better in Samsung phones

Are you sure it's assembled in India?
Yes it is fully assemble in India. Check it for yourself from times of India news stated it assemble in India.

This will surely damage the profit and reputation of samsung

explosive-start-for-samsung-galaxy-note-7-more-phones-catch-fire-while-charging-507793-4.jpg

I like Samsung phones simply because they offer best camera in mobile and also best display as i personally like Amoled display. Sony mobiles are more durable but poor camera phones which is strange because Samsung phone use sony sensor but i think image processing is better in Samsung phones
This is the first warning from India to the world, they will kill everyone by this way.

Assembled in India?

:o:
Times of India stated fully assemble in India.

China's ATL to provide Samsung's replacement batteries
China Daily, September 13, 2016

China's Amperex Technology Limited is now providing batteries for Samsung Electronics Co's Galaxy Note 7 smartphone, after faulty batteries prompted a worldwide recall of the phones, an ATL manager said on Monday.

Battery shipments from ATL, whose headquarters are in Hong Kong, will increase greatly, said the manager, who declined to give his name. He did not provide the number of batteries to be shipped.

ATL also offers batteries for other domestic and foreign smartphone manufacturers

The confirmation followed a report by South Korea's Yonhap News Agency that Samsung will now use only batteries provided by ATL for the Galaxy Note 7.

Samsung declined to comment on Monday.

Following the recall, which was announced earlier this month, Samsung ordered an additional 4 million batteries from ATL, Yonhap reported on Sunday, citing unidentified industry sources.

Shares of Samsung Electronics plunged by 6.98 percent on Monday after the South Korean electronics giant urged users worldwide to stop using its Galaxy Note 7 following reports of exploding batteries.

Some Chinese experts urged further investigation of the reports that the smartphones had exploded, saying other parts might have been faulty.

Meanwhile, international airlines and aviation agencies have banned passengers from switching on or charging the Samsung phones during flights.

Chinese airlines such as Air China said they haven't received a notification to ban in-flight use of Galaxy Note 7 phones.

South Korean electronics giant Samsung decided to cease sales and recalled 2.5 million Note 7 units in 10 markets, including Singapore, the United States and South Korea, on Sept 2. The decision came after some of the phones were found to have faulty batteries.

The Galaxy Note 7 recall does not cover customers in China. A statement from Samsung China confirmed that the smartphones sent for customers in China use batteries from a different supplier.

ATL is poised to become the only battery provider for Samsung, which is the world's largest smartphone maker by shipments, the Yonhap agency said.

Since ATL also supplies batteries for Apple's iPhone series, Samsung could face supply problems if demand soars for the new iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, Yonhap said.

Yes it is fully assemble in India. Check it for yourself from times of India news stated it assemble in India.

This is the first warning from India to the world, they will kill everyone by this way.

Times of India stated fully assemble in India.
I've heard those sold in China have no problem with components supplied by Chinese companies or joint ventures in China. So there is no recall plan in China.

The Galaxy Note 7 recall does not cover customers in China. A statement from Samsung China confirmed that the smartphones sent for customers in China use batteries from a different supplier.

Chinese airlines such as Air China said they haven't received a notification to ban in-flight use of Galaxy Note 7 phones.
Should ban all Samsung users to board Chinese trains and planes. It's 2016, I can't believe some people are still using Samsung in China.

China's ATL to provide Samsung's replacement batteries
China Daily, September 13, 2016

China's Amperex Technology Limited is now providing batteries for Samsung Electronics Co's Galaxy Note 7 smartphone, after faulty batteries prompted a worldwide recall of the phones, an ATL manager said on Monday.

Battery shipments from ATL, whose headquarters are in Hong Kong, will increase greatly, said the manager, who declined to give his name. He did not provide the number of batteries to be shipped.

ATL also offers batteries for other domestic and foreign smartphone manufacturers

The confirmation followed a report by South Korea's Yonhap News Agency that Samsung will now use only batteries provided by ATL for the Galaxy Note 7.

Samsung declined to comment on Monday.

Following the recall, which was announced earlier this month, Samsung ordered an additional 4 million batteries from ATL, Yonhap reported on Sunday, citing unidentified industry sources.

Shares of Samsung Electronics plunged by 6.98 percent on Monday after the South Korean electronics giant urged users worldwide to stop using its Galaxy Note 7 following reports of exploding batteries.

Some Chinese experts urged further investigation of the reports that the smartphones had exploded, saying other parts might have been faulty.

Meanwhile, international airlines and aviation agencies have banned passengers from switching on or charging the Samsung phones during flights.

South Korean electronics giant Samsung decided to cease sales and recalled 2.5 million Note 7 units in 10 markets, including Singapore, the United States and South Korea, on Sept 2. The decision came after some of the phones were found to have faulty batteries.

ATL is poised to become the only battery provider for Samsung, which is the world's largest smartphone maker by shipments, the Yonhap agency said.

Since ATL also supplies batteries for Apple's iPhone series, Samsung could face supply problems if demand soars for the new iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, Yonhap said.

So "Made In China" batteries will be used as replacement to faulty "Made in Korea" Samsung batteries in Samsung phones? Interesting.

This is really bad news for Samsung.

--------
| Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:23pm EDT
Samsung Electronics shares slide as Note 7 recall takes toll

download (6).jpg

A Samsung Electronics' Galaxy Note 7 new smartphone is displayed at its store in Seoul, South Korea, September 2, 2016. REUTERS/Kim Hong-Ji/File Photo

By Se Young Lee | SEOUL
Samsung Electronics Co Ltd's (005930.KS) shares fell to their lowest level in nearly two months on Monday after the tech giant told customers to switch off and return their new Galaxy Note 7 smartphones due to fire-prone batteries.

Investors had wiped 15.9 trillion won (14.3 billion) off the South Korean firm's market capitalization as of 0303 GMT, as a series of warnings from regulators and airlines around the world raised fears for the future of the flagship device.

"Some said initially the Galaxy Note 7 could be the best smartphone ever, but now it's possible the phone will go down as the worst ever," IBK Securities analyst Lee Seung-woo said, predicting weak sales in the fourth quarter.

Samsung Electronics' common shares were down 6.3 percent to 1,476,000 won each after touching their lowest level since July 12, and were on track for their biggest daily percentage drop in more than four years.

Analysts said the recall could torpedo Galaxy Note 7 sales and have a lasting impact on the $211 billion company's brand image, which could derail a recovery in its smartphone market share against rivals like Apple Inc (AAPL.O).

The global smartphone leader on Saturday urged all customers to turn off their Note 7s and return them as soon as possible as part of the recall which it voluntarily initiated on Sept. 2.

UNPRECEDENTED

The recall is unprecedented for Samsung, which prides itself on its manufacturing prowess. Some analysts estimate the firm might lose $5 billion won worth of revenue after accounting for recall costs. The company had said it had sold 2.5 million Galaxy Note 7s that need to be replaced.

Nomura said it had cut its forecast for Samsung's third-quarter mobile operating profit by 900 billion won to 3.1 trillion won in the wake of the Note 7 recall.

"Even if Samsung puts Note 7s with new batteries in the market it won't sell as well as it had initially," HMC Investment analyst Greg Roh said.

"Long-term, it will cost Samsung significant marketing spending to ensure the next products can overcome this issue."

The Note 7 problems are a major blow to Samsung's efforts to build on the strong sales of its Galaxy S7 smartphones launched in March.

The firm was beginning to claw back smartphone market share and had tried to pre-empt Apple by launching the almost $900 Note 7 on Aug. 19, about a month ahead of the latest iPhone release.

The recall forced Samsung to halt sales indefinitely in markets such as the United States and push back launches in other regions such as Europe.

($1 = 1,110.0000 won)

(Reporting by Se Young Lee and Nataly Pak; Editing by Stephen Coates)

I've heard those sold in China have no problem with components supplied by Chinese companies or joint ventures in China. So there is no recall plan in China.

Should ban all Samsung users to board Chinese trains and planes. It's 2016, I can't believe some people are still using Samsung in China.

Chinese airlines should take advantage of this SK blunder, and band all made in Korea Galaxy Note 7 on board, just to send a message.

So "Made In China" batteries will be used as replacement to faulty "Made in Korea" Samsung batteries in Samsung phones? Interesting.

I read both Made in Korea and Made in Vietnam batteries are faulty and will be replaced with Made in China better-valents.

I do not know in what right mind Korea invites an explicitly anti-China THAAD on its soil when the East Asian economies are so interlinked and interdependent.

Regional products are still preferable over foreign products, especially from that particular country which has made containing China militarily its number one priority.

But, it is much better (or the best) option to buy local/national over regional.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom