What's new

How to squeeze Indian logistics to IOK in case of war.

Taimoor Khan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Wars are won and lost due to logistics. Around 1 million Indian forces are boxed in Kashmir as we speak. Hostilities are brewing up with rapid pace. About time we start wargaming the potential targets of Pakistan armed forces specially airforce.

It seems there are not many road links going into IOK. from mainland India. There are few bridges , if taken out can hamper Indian supply lines massively. Plus Srinagar airport needs to be completely levelled in order to cut off air route to IOK.

Target 1

upload_2019-8-15_14-32-19.png

upload_2019-8-15_14-33-40.png

upload_2019-8-15_14-44-32.png

Target 2:

upload_2019-8-15_14-45-45.png

upload_2019-8-15_14-46-27.png

upload_2019-8-15_14-47-43.png

target 3

upload_2019-8-15_14-52-58.png

upload_2019-8-15_14-53-56.png

upload_2019-8-15_14-56-22.png

Target 4:

upload_2019-8-15_15-5-42.png

upload_2019-8-15_15-7-18.png

All well withing the range of these monsters.

Please input/share your analysis.

Lol war game all you want our strategies are not based on practicality as we have no on ground experience thus proned to fail

This idea is good but logistics cannot be stopped completely as india has much larger helicopters like mi26 and chinook which can supply logistics and c17 can also drop logistics through parachute

Kashmiri's can effectively do this, blow up the bridges , block the roads so IA logistics are disturbed
I don't think they can. I doubt they have the equipment and the training to carry out an operation that would completely destroy structures this big. This is a job for the PAF really.

This idea is good but logistics cannot be stopped completely as india has much larger helicopters like mi26 and chinook which can supply logistics and c17 can also drop logistics through parachute

True, there are also other land routes to Ladakh which aren't as vulnerable.

However helicopters can be targeted by SAM's, particular if we can smuggle shoulder fired ones in. In the mountains they are particularly vulnerable and in the winter months it's very hard to get helicopters to many places due to the weather.

Of course this cuts both ways. Blow up bridges at Mirpur and Dadyal and the link between Pakistan and AJK is through the Northern areas. Of course the difference is our boys don't have to face a hostile population through local routes. Also we have a lot more road network, you can still go via kharian bhimber etc, during times of war this infrastructure will come in useful.

It is almost impossible to block all supply routes but still there are ways and tricks.i suggest a successful operation market garden.without courage,we will never achieve anything.

I don't think they can. I doubt they have the equipment and the training to carry out an operation that would completely destroy structures this big. This is a job for the PAF really.

They can disrupt it by small Ambushes , and explosive to blow up the bridges , Typical Guerrilla war tactics. PAF have to maintain full Air superiority over J&K before they can strike deep .

They can disrupt it by small Ambushes , and explosive to blow up the bridges , Typical Guerrilla war tactics. PAF have to maintain full Air superiority over J&K before they can strike deep .
We could strike with long range stand off weapons.

Why not use Ra'ad or other SOW for this role?

Cant sustain million strong army with helis only. Need road links. PAF take out those bridges, it will become a logistic nightmare for Indian army.

If you try to damage civilian assets intentionally, India would gain casus belli in the event and would easily be able to launch a full scale war and you would have no support from any country internationally. India would completely activate the western sector and and complete nval blockade. No country will come in support which is dangerous in case you would like to use N. You might hit a few N-bombs on India, but by then you would have almost lost your whole country. Senior and well educated analysts from pakistan will never make such strategy i hope.
And also India has c-17, c-130, mi-26, Specialized bridge building teams, etc.

Why not use Ra'ad or other SOW for this role?

There is a reason I am asking Kashmiri's to be part of the war, we can not fight India alone , unless the local people rise up and attack the occupiers the war will bring no results .

We could strike with long range stand off weapons.

read my post , #15

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom