What's new

How to protect Afghanistan from its 'toxic neighbour' Pakistan?

Americans from Afghanistan would be gone in a year. Pakistan wishes to reinstall Taliban in Kabul and eject secular minded people from the government in Kabul. There is a good possibility of a civil war between Pashtun tribesmen and the Northern Alliance. Pakistan by all accounts would be aiding the Taliban and the Pushtun tribesmen. Result, a new blood bath.

Hence, how to keep Pakistan out of Afghanistan's emergence as a nation, independent of all it's immediate neighbors.

Readers please, pen your suggestions........

Thank you

indians are already trying to meddle in kashmir more, trying make pakistan move army near india instead of afghanistan like they do now, so I'm guessing this is your governments plan.
to make pakistan move soldiers along india so we wouldn't concentrate on afghanistan as much.

Yes they were united somwhat. United by evil. :undecided:

baseless indian bs once again, thanks alot modi:hitwall:

Americans from Afghanistan would be gone in a year. Pakistan wishes to reinstall Taliban in Kabul and eject secular minded people from the government in Kabul. There is a good possibility of a civil war between Pashtun tribesmen and the Northern Alliance. Pakistan by all accounts would be aiding the Taliban and the Pushtun tribesmen. Result, a new blood bath.

Hence, how to keep Pakistan out of Afghanistan's emergence as a nation, independent of all it's immediate neighbors.

Thank you

Ok So As a true friend, india ,1st give them a place for their God knows how many people to live like Pakistan did...Then Deploy your Super Army in Afghanistan to protect them from Taliban,If you do not want to do this then for God sake keep your mouth shut,i am sick of your regularly posting these type of non-sense paragraphs,articles...Only indians on the whole earth are peaceful,loving,helpful..oh my God..Pakistan..Pakistan is place of evils,etc etc etc..you know..this shows your sick mentality..i dont understand all Indian are stupid or they pretend to be a stupid..!

Thank you

get all the bhindis and lackeys out of there.....

Thank you

Until Pakistan itself disintegrates!!

The Title is wrong!

A Neighbour country like Pakistan do have some degree of influence on Afghanistan and nothing can change that.
Pakistan do have some concerns when India or any other country comes close to Afghanistan, One of the reason why Pakistan becomes nervous is because, for long Pakistan is been working on Strategic depth vis-a-vis India.
For Pakistan when it comes to confronting India they knew most of the important cities and installations are few minutes away from Indian missiles and air strikes. So Afghanistan offers some kind of opportunity to fight back just in case of worst case scenario.

Secondly The areas like FATA, Khy and other tribal belt in north west frontier for long been in some kind of quasi rule, Mostly tribal laws work there and any thing which goes against Tribal elders will be met with fierce resistance and anger.

Third Pashtuns living on both sides of Durand line do not recognize this line as border, they do business and other activities just like they did centuries ago.
So these tribal areas are not in direct control of Pakistan but are ruled by GOP officially. This situation is like an "achillies heel".

Fourth To get these areas under control Pakistan must exert some kind of influence on these tribals mostly Pashtuns. They successfully did that during Afghan Jihad.
Pakistan used Religion to cover up all the loop holes in North west frontier areas and united them under the name of Taliban. The CIA and Saudi economy also helped in this cause.

After 9/11 every thing got changed, USA's priorities changed and now USA are fighting with the same kids which they created against USSR. Pakistan which is so long relied on Taliban are now in catch 22 situation as they cannot oppose USA nor they can leave Taliban for their fate. Some void is left after the Taliban regime fell, this void is filled by Democracy led by Karzai.

The Karzai Govt is a complete role reversal of Taliban he also wants India's help in building his country, this may have some degree of Indian influence on Afghanistan , which is a problem for Pakistan.

This is a strategic and geo political game which involves USA, USA is not leaving Afghanistan nor Karzai Govt is in Danger.

In India's perspective USA and Indian strategic interests coincide with than of USA. USA wants development, India wants access to resource rich central asia. India also wants to have some bargaining chip vis-a-vis Pakistan. India's presence in Afghanistan will sandwich Pakistan on both east and west or an India friendly regime in Afghanistan will negate the strategic depth policy of Pakistan.

China and India are also working closely in Afghanistan and talks are being held on this topic between New Delhi and Beiging

Shifting equations: Afghanistan bonding between India and China | INDIAWRITES INDIAWRITES

India and Iran also working on their strategic interests which coincide as well.
India built chahabar port and connected it with Afghanistan, this will help India-Iran-Afghanistan trade.

conclusion: India should engage Afghanistan with trade and diplomacy, So far India has done well participating in Afghan development process.

India should also train Afghan security personal.

Democratic institutions play a crucial role in any country's progress so India should help Afghans to set up these institutions so that they will not fall for some radical Mullahs.

USA is an unreliable partner so no need to participate in WOT in Afghanistan, This war is started by Yanks and let them finish it.

@Spring Onion I just wrote my first article , any suggestions.

Good from Indian point of view. However, if you want to have a neutral and serious analysis you must take up each point and counter your own points and you will get a good write up :) serious one

Last edited by a moderator:
Good from Indian point of view. However, if you want to have a neutral and serious analysis you must take up each point and counter your own points and you will get a good write up :) serious one

Thank you for your feed back dude :cheers:

I will certainly follow your advice :).

I have read some of your past articles too :D.

I do have some retired policy makers of GOI (Some old chaps) as friends ,with whom I interact and discuss .I also thank them for their help :).

It is shocking to see some Pakistanis are so engulfed in their hatred for India. For example I would not like to see the Taliban bombing Pakistanis to shreds. No sane person would like that. Especially in civilian areas, schools and places of worship. But some folks from across the border are willing to pay the price of Taliban return if it harms India in the long run. Sickening actually.

Oh lets see who is ENGULFED in HATE. Oh its the Indian who started this thread with Awesome Title and you drag us in this hateful speech. What were you thinking that you will be presented with rose petals. Atleast we are talking sanely not barking like you just to make point.

Thank you for your feed back dude :cheers:

I will certainly follow your advice :).

I have read some of your past articles too :D.

I do have some retired policy makers of GOI (Some old chaps) as friends ,with whom I interact and discuss .I also thank them for their help :).
She is a lady. :smitten:

No one can bark on PDF. This is a forum. We can chat. We can text etc. We can't speak or bark. :hitwall:
Oh lets see who is ENGULFED in HATE. Oh its the Indian who started this thread with Awesome Title and you drag us in this hateful speech. What were you thinking that you will be presented with rose petals. Atleast we are talking sanely not barking like you just to make point.

Not if India deploys around 50,000 of its boots on the ground. Apparently, India boasts of having world's best special forces, won't they be sufficient to keep 'non martial' Pakistanis away from your 'best friend and ally' ?

Totally agree with you on the bold part; they can! :D But we would not like to get involved militarily in another sovereign country unless the situation desperately demands so. :smokin:

Yes exactly that is the reason we want India to make this blunder Sir one mountain range in Afghanistan and Pakistan is known Hindu Kush Sir India would make biggest blunder if it enters Afghanistan with Troops on ground they will return in coffins

Is that so? :what: hmm interesting.

Is that so? :what: hmm interesting.

Few centuries back some of the Indians went to attack Afghans and they ran back leaving their dead bodies behind after that the mountains were named Hindu Kush

I don't think it is a good idea for India to deploy boots on the grounds 'cause the Taliban loves India so much! And might establish a yet-to-be determined branch of the Taliabn aka Taliban Khasmir :lol:

Taliban was training militants for terror attacks in Kashmir in whole 1990s that included Pashtuns, Arabs, Chechans and Punjabis who were infiltrated into Kashmir to fight with Indian army. With the start of war on terror, most of them joined Pakistani Taliban to fight against Pakistan state who once supported them against India in Kashmir.

Back
Top Bottom