What's new

How to fix Pakistan's crushing economy

Mr. Atif Mian needs to publicly denounce his fake Khalifa in London and come back to the true beliefs of his ancestors and then he can make real contributions to Pakistan. Right now he is a member of a cult.

and each time getting on track, each time getting off track once IMF goes..each time IMF warning about it..each time (educated) people of Pakistan ignore these warning..

stating they cant understand a simple concept of state bank lending(printing notes), overvalued rupee , low artificial interest and inflation...that ends in a crash resulting worse thna before devaluation, inflation and interest rates...

Bangladesh is gong through a unprecedented boom with growth rate of 8+, million came out of poverty, yet we saw their rupee devalauting and our appreciating during 2015-2017?
Borrowing money of kafirs is haram and never helps. Borrowing money to help with your financial difficulties is the most stupidest thing a country can do. Pakistan like the other third world countries is playing by Kafir rules and is put in a cycle of debt to pay debt for more debt. This is the best time to sit with the big countries: China, Russia, Iran, Turkey etc to re-write the game rules and start a new game.

We also need to get women in the labour force, and start getting average population productivity up. Apart from farms, police, or government jobs, I dont think ive ever seen a working woman in Pakistan.
Nothing to do with women labour force; why is the GDP of Netherlands $900 Billion with a population of 18 million and GDP of Pakistan is $300 Billion with a population of 200 Million?
It's due the foolish mentality of the Rich and bad mentality of the poor who don't fight for and achieve change.

We also need to get women in the labour force, and start getting average population productivity up. Apart from farms, police, or government jobs, I dont think ive ever seen a working woman in Pakistan.

That is the key problem here. We have 90% of women with little input in the labour force. They are not being productive with their time, because of societal pressures. But women should be allowed to work in factories, garment manufacture en masse. That will hugely boost morale & productivity.

farms, police, or government jobs
Aur reh kya gaya hai? These sectors cover almost everything.

BTW, both in India and Pakistan, since independence, the percentage of working women is steadily increasing. It's happening automatically.

Mian G. Pakistan'whole industrial base is wrongly footed. its xport oriented. thats the falkacy. we can only be on firm ground when our economy and industries depend upon local demand and supply.

To augment local demand we have to look the chinese model of planed holidays. Eid and other festivals should be of more days. enabling our countrymen to spend more time with their families and spend more money. hence augmented demand will pull up economy.

For guy who is supposed to be a top academic its an exceptionally vague article which focuses on problems that everyone knows ..not the solutions

Also when saying that religious extremism has been promoted by many govts in Pakistan He is factually wrong. ..

Last edited:
. This is the best time to sit with the big countries: China, Russia, Iran, Turkey etc to re-write the game rules and start a new game.
China and Russia are kafir too.

Mr. Atif Mian needs to publicly denounce his fake Khalifa in London and come back to the true beliefs of his ancestors and then he can make real contributions to Pakistan. Right now he is a member of a cult.
And yet Allah has blessed him with worldwide fame and respect. And devout Pakistani PDF members are not similarly blessed.

I don’t see a crashing economy. I see an article that ignores everything this govt has done to fix things. Steps that were not taken by previous govts. And I see an author making a case for extremism that simply doesn’t exist. People don’t invest in Pakistan bc of corruption, no marketing or easy opportunities for investment and legal dysfunction. Those things are being addressed mightily. There r people being lynched for eating beef and Muslims being called termites next door investors don’t give a damn bc their investments are doing well.

China and Russia are kafir too.

And yet Allah has blessed him with worldwide fame and respect. And devout Pakistani PDF members are not similarly blessed.
I don’t see a crashing economy. I see an article that ignores everything this govt has done to fix things. Steps that were not taken by previous govts. And I see an author making a case for extremism that simply doesn’t exist. People don’t invest in Pakistan bc of corruption, no marketing or easy opportunities for investment and legal dysfunction. Those things are being addressed mightily. There r people being lynched for eating beef and Muslims being called termites next door investors don’t give a damn bc their investments are doing well.

If only you had an iota of religious knowledge. Go read Quran chapter 102, 103. What does it say about worldly wealth. Or how about Munafiqun....
. O you who have attained to faith! Let not your worldly goods or your children make you oblivious of the remembrance of God: for if any behave thus - it is they, they who are the losers!

The Prophet died penniless. R u saying he was wrong and Pharoah was right bc he was buried with his gold?

Stop please don’t embarrass ur idiotic self further.

I have said this many time and I repeat this here. Pakistan must focus on basic things. First, focus on water conservation and agriculture. Be a hub of organic farming. and animal husbandry. This will generate a huge employment and government will not have to spend on Secondly, the focus should be on textiles which can generate huge employment. GO for solar electricity in big way. Pakistan should get per unit of electricity in 5 PKR which is very reasonable. The next thrust area should be education. Focus on a very nice school education. Once the basic things are fixed, Pakistan can move to next best alternative available.

If only you had an iota of religious knowledge. Go read Quran chapter 102, 103. What does it say about worldly wealth. Or how about Munafiqun....
. O you who have attained to faith! Let not your worldly goods or your children make you oblivious of the remembrance of God: for if any behave thus - it is they, they who are the losers!

The Prophet died penniless. R u saying he was wrong and Pharoah was right bc he was buried with his gold?

Stop please don’t embarrass ur idiotic self further.
I did not talk of money. I said fame and respect.

we need to let go our past and build new cities and provide facilities to people in smaller cities. we need to stop building housing societies, tougher land laws r needed, break down big giant elephants like wapda and give control of resources to provinces and federation should have 40% share in provincial taxes, we need to introduce toll taxes in the city and again let go our past bury the past .

You bastxrd read the full article first and than post a reply

And you idiot can fix the title? You do know its not allowed to modify title when posting an article?

What makes you type "crushing" instead of crashing?

And you idiot can fix the title? You do know its not allowed to modify title when posting an article?

What makes you type "crushing" instead of crashing?
As Winston Churchill famously said:
“You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks.”

Something which is nothing more than a Spelling mistake, must have been accomodate by you. BTW, replied back in the same coin.

As Winston Churchill famously said:
“You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks.”

Something which is nothing more than a Spelling mistake, must have been accomodate by you. BTW, replied back in the same coin.

The word "crushing" has a very different meaning than the word "crashing".
You earlier threw some insults on some one because they said you could just type it improving because they were under the false impression of "crushing"/

So keep your dogieness and stones to yourself and fix things before telling people to read the whole thing to get the actual meaning which you screwed up in your typing.

Back
Top Bottom