What's new

How to fix Pakistan's crushing economy

Have you been to Pakistan?

Not in a couple years, but im sure the situation is still the exact same.

Nothing to do with women labour force; why is the GDP of Netherlands $900 Billion with a population of 18 million and GDP of Pakistan is $300 Billion with a population of 200 Million?
It's due the foolish mentality of the Rich and bad mentality of the poor who don't fight for and achieve change.

More income per family, means more spending, meaning greater demand, meaning greater production output

Netherlands is an agricultural powerhouse btw. Their farming technology is something Pakistan can definitely learn from.

Aur reh kya gaya hai? These sectors cover almost everything.

BTW, both in India and Pakistan, since independence, the percentage of working women is steadily increasing. It's happening automatically.

I want to see more shopkeepers, factory workers, doctors, lawyers, drivers etc.

Apart from farming, those sectors I said in previous post only employ women only to fullfill a government quota

Start from the basics. One by one and not too many things at a time. Try to reach nationwide 100% literacy rate first as we know that most problems arises from Jahillyat.

Present Govt is managing past Govt debt and future Govt will manage present Govt debt

It’s a vicious cycle and will carry till Pakistan extracts Gold Silver Copper, eggs and chicken can’t pay back all liabilities of over $106 billion

We have depreciated the rupee by 47 percent. Our exports have gone up by a paltry 4.8 percent.

Our GDP growth is down from 5.5 percent to around 3 percent.

Foreign investors bought $1.097 billion worth of T-bills. This is hot money. Comes in fast, goes out fast. This govt not next government will have to deal with it.

Borrowing is good if:
We are building projects like Diamer Bhasha Dam.
Industries. Which boost exports and generate employment.

Borrowing is bad in case of:
Pilferage & Mismanagement
Financing imports of unnecessary items like Cars very high end cellphones etc etc
Retiring debits.

36 percent drop in our current account deficit is not due increase in exports but dramatic reduction in imports including products needed for exports.

As a consequence, around 1.2 million Pakistanis out of job and some 9 million Pakistanis pushed into poverty.

Remember a live economy borrows and grows because it channels everything into growth economics. A dying or a dead economy has dismally low growth rates and is managed by those who lend to it. Their prime interest is safe guarding interests of their masters not the captive borrowers.

What the incumbents are doing and what absconders did is before us to reach our own conclusions.

Present Govt is managing past Govt debt and future Govt will manage present Govt debt

It’s a vicious cycle and will carry till Pakistan extracts Gold Silver Copper, eggs and chicken can’t pay back all liabilities of over $106 billion

We have depreciated the rupee by 47 percent. Our exports have gone up by a paltry 4.8 percent.

Our GDP growth is down from 5.5 percent to around 3 percent.

Foreign investors bought $1.097 billion worth of T-bills. This is hot money. Comes in fast, goes out fast. This govt not next government will have to deal with it.

Indonesian economy is much worst during Asian Financial crisis 1997-2002, even our GDP at that time was slashed 50 % and 1 USD become 16.000 Rupiah, before 1 USD is 2500 Rupiah. Many banks and big businesses are bankrupt. Central Bank needs to printing a lot of money, high inflation and interest rate become the consequent. Interest rate is also set very high to make Rupiah strong against Dollar. No substantial FDI coming during 5 years period.

Pakistan condition is much better and I believe Pakistan can bounce back if it follow the suggestion given by World Bank.

“Pakistan’s growth must be driven by investment and productivity, which will put an end to the boom and bust cycles that affect the country every few years,” said Illango Patchamuthu, World Bank Country Director for Pakistan. “It is entirely possible for Pakistan to transform its regulatory environment and reduce the cost of doing business. On the revenue front, reforms to improve tax administration and widen the tax base are critical. Over the adjustment period and beyond, actions outlined in the recently announced Ehsaas Program can protect the poor and vulnerable through social safety nets and safeguarding public spending on health and education.”

https://www.worldbank.org/en/news/p...-reforms-can-revive-pakistans-economic-growth

How ever I dont believe with trade liberation that is also suggested by World Bank. I think Pakistan key domestic industries should still be protected.

2109553-cartoondecember-1575909014-477-640x480.jpg
I thought you were against 18 amendment lol

The imperialistic sucking up on our resources, indebting us and demanding repayment is cruel. It's payback time ie the west renames this debt as development 'aid' and become a partner adding value and enable our economy to get back in its feet.

If Argentina can default, what's the big deal if we do? Trump Bhai filhaal hai na.

We also need to get women in the labour force, and start getting average population productivity up. Apart from farms, police, or government jobs, I dont think ive ever seen a working woman in Pakistan.

You can't see Women working in Pakistan on Google earth , come to Pakistan Women are working from Banks to Armed forces , Call Centers to Schools/Colleges/Universities ,Running whole Businesses , shops , markets etc .

You can't see Women working in Pakistan on Google earth , come to Pakistan Women are working from Banks to Armed forces , Call Centers to Schools/Colleges/Universities ,Running whole Businesses , shops , markets etc .

Its not widespread bro, last time I came to Pakistan it was not common to see women outside of those public sector jobs. Shopkeepers, drivers, factory workers, lawyers, doctors etc. are absolutely male dominated.

The labour participation rate for women is 20% compared to men which is 60%. This has been like this for nearly a decade. Not to mention the amount of female graduates getting a degree, then get married and become a stay at home wife for the rest of their life; There are so many female doctors that literally do exactly this.

Its not widespread bro, last time I came to Pakistan it was not common to see women outside of those public sector jobs. Shopkeepers, drivers, factory workers, lawyers, doctors etc. are absolutely male dominated.

The labour participation rate for women is 20% compared to men which is 60%. This has been like this for nearly a decade. Not to mention the amount of female graduates getting a degree, then get married and become a stay at home wife for the rest of their life; There are so many female doctors that literally do exactly this.

wrong , there is not single profession I came across in my whole Life where i haven't seen Women working in great numbers .

Not in a couple years, but im sure the situation is still the exact same.
There are literally millions of Pakistani women working outside of the three professions you have mentioned. Whether there are enough of them at higher positions is a different story.

That is not including the majority of women who work at home, raising children and doing household work. They just don't get paid in cash (or enough).

There are literally millions of Pakistani women working outside of the three professions you have mentioned. Whether there are enough of them at higher positions is a different story.

That is not including the majority of women who work at home, raising children and doing household work. They just don't get paid in cash (or enough).

The labour participation rate for women is 20% compared to 60% for men. Pakistan has ranked second to the bottom on the gender equality index for the last 5 years in a row.

These are the facts, Im not saying that women arent working anywhere, im saying that there arent nearly enough of them. Go into the street and look at all the working people you come across, are you telling me that those people will be split 50-50 between both genders?

That is the key problem here. We have 90% of women with little input in the labour force. They are not being productive with their time, because of societal pressures. But women should be allowed to work in factories, garment manufacture en masse. That will hugely boost morale & productivity.

please explain in detail.

No one has read the article and few who read are saying writer is a ahmedi , What good this stupid venomous and fckd up mind set will produce is very visible

we need to let go our past and build new cities and provide facilities to people in smaller cities. we need to stop building housing societies, tougher land laws r needed, break down big giant elephants like wapda and give control of resources to provinces and federation should have 40% share in provincial taxes, we need to introduce toll taxes in the city and again let go our past bury the past .

Explain how the taxes should be collected? Should the province collect taxes and share certain percentages with Federal government or other way around?

I am asking because in my equation there is no need for provinces. Either go with 31 to 36 Divisions or 131 districts.
If the law is enforced correctly then district government can be empowered people t can do following...
  • Collect annual property taxes,
  • Vehicle registration, safety inspection & Emission testing of personal and commercial vehicles
  • waste management
  • Local Business registration
  • traffic fines (person can pay online or by machines in district offices, machine can collect fines and provide receipt via email and printed receipt).
District can share certain percentages of this with federal government.

We can have standard laws about Education, Finance/Tax collections, Security,Tourism, Traffic laws and citations, Healthcare, etc which can be implemented in Pakistan.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom