What's new

How the Taliban won - It will be passed down for generations, all the lost limbs and the money lost

You can't say they won the war unless they survived this :lol:

1668722673584.png

What was their goal in Afghanistan? Was it achieved?

I'm in no position to confirm if it was achieved. We're all just guessers on this forum. Even a Pakistani general can't confirm you that. But just in my layman option, yes they did achieve their goal of finishing Al Qaeda's hardcore faction, buying militias loyal to Iran in Past, teaching Taliban a lesson that they won't ever host Anti US elements in Afghanistan, and making sure Taliban are free from both the Iranian and Pakistani influence.

They wasted a lot of money but there's no way that *Taliban defeated US*. They can't even fight Pakistan in a conventional war, all they'd do is hide in caves and attack Military checkpoints like they did with ANA (which they couldn't dare against US after initial direct combat).

While the ANF and American troops fought to occupy foreign territory, the Taliban were engaged in a war of liberation. The Americans had no nobility behind them.

But the most important part, it wasn't weapons, training, or strategic moves that gave the Taliban their strength; it was "their self-sacrificing zeal to establish the rule of Allah upon their rightful land." and nothing could stand against such a force.

Thus, Allah gave the Taliban a victory over a 10 times bigger force. That's the promise Allah has towards Ibad-Allah: when you have Iman in you, your one soldier is enough to defeat 10 enemies of Allah.

Alot of what if and what could have in here.. Including massive delulu..

The truth is simple the war costed 20 trillion USD.. I repeat 20 trillion USD making it the most expensive war ever if the Americans continued it would have eventually lead to the collapse of their economy plus there is nothing to gain in a nothing land like Afghanistan they were between hard place and a rock.. They abandoned it at the end thats what it basically comes down to.... It was unnecessarily expensive..

only the panjsheris, marxists and pakhtun nationalists hate pakistan. the balance 90 per cent are ok with it and prefer living here Pakistan
These groups have pushed Anti-Pakistan sentiment in Afghanistan for the last 40 years. They aligned themselves with external powers (USSR, USA, India) that tried to push conflict with Pakistan. Its been highly unsuccessful for them. Afghanistan needs to be at peace with all its neighbors and focus on trade and development to prosper.

Most of the panjsheris, marxists and pakhtun nationalists don't live in Afghanistan.

Last edited:
Fair analysis.

But there are additional observations.

1. Primary mission was to dismantle Al-Qaeda Network in the region. US achieved this mission.

2. Afghan Taliban were supporting Al-Qaeda Network in 2001. They had to pay a hefty price for this choice. US-led forces toppled the original Afghan Taliban-led government in 2001 and killed thousands of Afghan Taliban combatants including some top figures in the (2001 - 2018) period.

3. Afghan Taliban accepted American terms for peace and agreed to not allow any organization to use Afghan soil to plot attacks in US and its allies. This accord was signed in 2020.

4. Americans noted that Afghan Taliban are not loyal to Iran. This is significant to them.

The bottom line is that US did not loose in Afghanistan - neither did Afghan Taliban. Both made a deal and benefitted from it.

Strange, right? Well, reality can be stranger than fiction at times.
lol, I think USA objectives was much more than Al Qaeda and Osama Bin Laden.

Fair analysis.

1. Primary mission was to dismantle Al-Qaeda Network in the region. US achieved this mission.

2. Afghan Taliban were supporting Al-Qaeda Network in 2001. They had to pay a hefty price for this choice. US-led forces toppled the original Afghan Taliban-led government in 2001 and killed thousands of Afghan Taliban combatants including some top figures in the (2001 - 2018) period.

3. Afghan Taliban accepted American terms for peace and agreed to not allow any organization to use Afghan soil to plot attacks in US and its allies. This accord was signed in 2020.

4. Americans noted that Afghan Taliban are not loyal to Iran. This is significant to them.

The bottom line is that US did not loose in Afghanistan - neither did Afghan Taliban. Both made a deal and benefitted from it.

Lets face it, Afghan Taliban won the war, and the world has come to terms with it.

Fair analysis.

If USA won the war, then tell it to these idiots then:
1668726230949.png

The world has right to be angry.

Fair analysis.

I have a right to freedom of Speech:

What about this idiot then coming back from an imperial war:
1668726426378.png

Last edited:
Taliban winning is a short term success for Pakistan. But do you think Taliban will change themselves to fit into the real world or go about being a band of wild animals enforcing their tribal laws onto their people. Looks like they won’t.

Afghanistan will remain more or less an extremist, non friendly to investors society under Taliban. Hence any major investment is out of the question.

Over the long run Taliban are a net negative for Pakistan.
The previous regime did little to develop the Afghan economy. Taliban control will make investment from the West difficult true, but how much private western money was actually invested in Afghanistan under the previous regime.....sad reality is not much. Must of the western aid was used for weapons or skimmed off by the Hindutva Afghans. Taliban are better than the alternative, IMO.

lol, I think USA objectives was much more than Al Qaeda and Osama Bin Laden.

Lets face it, Afghan Taliban won the war, and the world has come to terms with it.

If USA won the war, then tell it to these idiots then:
View attachment 897876

The world has right to be angry.

I have a right to freedom of Speech:

What about this idiot then coming back from an imperial war:
View attachment 897877

1. WAR is COMPLEX in modern times. There is the officially declared primary objective (chief motive) and there can be secondary objectives.

PRIMARY objective was to dismantle Al-Qaeda Network in the region in response to 9/11 and other earlier incidents. You will find relevant information in numerous sources.

US also attempted to reshape political landscape of Afghanistan (SECONDARY objective), but this effort wasn't fruitful. Reasons are already stated in this thread.

2. Did I deny it? Read my posts carefully.

3. I respect Freedom of Speech but I do not respect Trolling. Check Forum Rules for a change.

When a war is fought, soldiers will die and/or get hurt. This is a given. No need to post these pictures.

Do you see me posting pictures of casualties of Afghan Taliban here in this thread? What would be the point of it?

Learn to argue your case intellectually.

1. WAR is COMPLEX in modern times. There is the officially declared primary objective (chief motive) and there can be secondary objectives.

PRIMARY objective was to dismantle Al-Qaeda Network in the region in response to 9/11 and other earlier incidents. You will find relevant information in numerous sources.

US also attempted to reshape political landscape of Afghanistan (SECONDARY objective), but this effort wasn't fruitful. Reasons are already stated in this thread.

3. I respect Freedom of Speech but I do not respect Trolling. Check Forum Rules for a change.

When a war is fought, soldiers will die and/or get hurt. This is a given. No need to post these pictures.

Do you see me posting pictures of casualties of Afghan Taliban here in this thread? What would be the point of it?

I do not believe the Afghan Taliban supported Al Qaeda.

Once USA killed Osama Bin Laden (If they truly killed him, there is no proof of it), why stay in Afghanistan any longer?

The answer is obvious there were ulterior motives or hidden agendas.

Alot of what if and what could have in here.. Including massive delulu..

The truth is simple the war costed 20 trillion USD.. I repeat 20 trillion USD making it the most expensive war ever if the Americans continued it would have eventually lead to the collapse of their economy plus there is nothing to gain in a nothing land like Afghanistan they were between hard place and a rock.. They abandoned it at the end thats what it basically comes down to.... It was unnecessarily expensive..
@LeGenD it seems your membership has no concept of what a trillion is. in any case I proved this member a liar/fantasist by providing the near enough actual official figures a year or 2 back

Last edited:
I'm in no position to confirm if it was achieved. We're all just guessers on this forum. Even a Pakistani general can't confirm you that. But just in my layman option, yes they did achieve their goal of finishing Al Qaeda's hardcore faction, buying militias loyal to Iran in Past, teaching Taliban a lesson that they won't ever host Anti US elements in Afghanistan, and making sure Taliban are free from both the Iranian and Pakistani influence.

They wasted a lot of money but there's no way that *Taliban defeated US*. They can't even fight Pakistan in a conventional war, all they'd do is hide in caves and attack Military checkpoints like they did with ANA (which they couldn't dare against US after initial direct combat).

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

The US will most likely nurture this newfound arrangement to its terms through economic strangulation. The Taliban were humbled and showed the reality it's not all AKs anymore.

If I've learned one thing living in the US and thinking like them, they plan decades from now and run through every scenario and how to navigate it.

I do not think you are being honest.

If a single Navy Seal team to kill Osama bin Laden in one day, why occupy a country for 20 years?

Obviously USA had other objectives other than Osama Bin Laden and Al Qaeda.

Back
Top Bottom