What's new

how PIA pilots+maintenance finished ATR-42 fleet

Imran Khan

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) inked an agreement with ATR for the purchase of seven new ATR 42-500 aircraft on November 2, 2005 at PIA Head Office. The agreement was signed by Mr Tariq Kirmani, Chairman and CEO of PIA and Mr Filippo Bagnato, CEO of ATR in the presence of the General Consuls of France and Italy.

The aircraft were to replace PIA’s aging F-27 aircraft fleet operated on socio-economic routes. The 7 firm 48-seat ATR 42-500 aircraft were delivered between 2006 and 2007 with delivery of the first aircraft to PIA in May 2006.

and then begain story of PIA pilots and maintenance .

AP-BHJ unsafe landing Incident 31 Aug 2012 at Lahore Allama Iqbal International (LHE / OPLA)">LHE skidded off runway in heavy rain.written off from service.
AP-BHJ-1.jpg

AP-BHO Crashed 7 Dec 2016 near Havelian, Pakistan after reporting problems with left-hand engine. Flight PK661 from Chitral to Islamabad,
KathrynReport.jpg

AP-BKW A Pakistan International Airlines ATR 72 registration AP-BKW has collided with a Shaheen Air International’s grounded Boeing 737-400. The incident resulted in the damage to PIA aircraft’s fuel tank and engine. PIA engineering was conducting engine runs when the plane moved from its position and hit the Boeing 737 that was parked from past many years.wrriten off from service
ca27b91b-06b5-4640-bc9b-ad018dc7d7db.jpg

AP-BHP ATR PK605 over shot at Gilgit. Passengers and crew safe aircraft is substantially damaged.

1.jpg

AP-BHN aircraft was cannibalized as spare parts source for other sister ships and now its economically unsuitable to buy parts and bring it back in service . the amount of spareparts airline can buy another ATR . written off from service.

_105417922_apbhn.jpg

_105417924_ap-bhn1.jpg

_105417926_ap-bhn2.jpg

last remaining from original order was the original order is facing mess too
AP-BHI PIA ATR 42-500 aircraft registration AP-BHI grounded at Gilgit Airport due to broken/damaged/missing nut/bolt.

ap-bhi-jun12b.jpg

ap-bhi-jun12c.jpg

AP-BHI incidents recent times

Screenshot_2020-07-04 Incidents for aircraft with registration AP-BHI.png

AP-BHM incidents in recent times

Screenshot_2020-07-04 Incidents for aircraft with registration AP-BHM.png

AP-BHH incidents in recent times

Screenshot_2020-07-04 Incidents for aircraft with registration AP-BHH.png

and they started same with ATR-72 fleet now
AP-BKY hot landing overshoot runway and panjgur airport

PIA.jpg

Last edited:
my advice to you do not book the flight on PIA ATRs better go to road trip or pay a bit more are fly near by city with any other aircraft

for example i fly dozens of times ATRs of PIA but now i book flight to and from multan and use A320 rather then atr flight from rahim yar khan/bahawalpur airports . its your life think before confirming flight check the equipment . i fly my family to serene air recently as they have new 737-800 aircraft hence more safe . in our country everyone must be careful while booking flights .

Although reading about this whole series of incidents is enough to vaporize taxpayer's blood my question is; were any of these maintenance crews and pilots fired for this gross negligence and incompetence or just suspended pending inquiry and then reinstated? I am guessing the later happened.

Then blame Imran Khan and PTI ... So, ATR introduce to replace Fokker, but fun part, Pak navy modified those PIA retired Fokker and still flying.

cbcvnbbmnbbbnmbnn.jpg

F-27_200-400_pakn_03.jpg

Last edited:
Horrible , No explanation by PIA. Bilawal should travel on this aircraft, rather sitting in his comfort zone and issues statement.

kshshhshs.jpg

Although reading about this whole series of incidents is enough to vaporize taxpayer's blood my question is; were any of these maintenance crews and pilots fired for this gross negligence and incompetence or just suspended pending inquiry and then reinstated? I am guessing the later happened.
none of them was touched . union will not allow to do so . done you see how she was laughing and calling on phone after cap marium crashed ATR at gilgit it was 100% pilot fault touched very late and hot ????? shuker karo agli ne sitara e jurrat nhi mang liya .:lol:

none of them was touched . union will not allow to do so . done you see how she was laughing and calling on phone after cap marium crashed ATR at gilgit it was 100% pilot fault touched very late and hot ????? shuker karo agli ne sitara e jurrat nhi mang liya .:lol:
Imagine these incompetent people " Pakistan Incompetent Airline " destroy the whole fleet of ATR.

We have become a very dangerous society as far a public sector are concerned. We have mercilessly screwed up institutions like PIA, STEEL MILLS and any other damn thing under under Govt. enterprise.

Back
Top Bottom