What's new

How Pakistan's Largest Religious Minority Has Come Under Siege

Of course violence does not recognize religions but weren't they targeted at shi'ites.......or do you imply that sectorian violence is not such as an to the extent it is projected in media.......and hence unworthy of discussion......

They target everyone irrespective of religion. Pakistan has a history of Shia Sunni violence but when in it comes to taliban, they don't care who they are hitting. They have changed their strategy overtime. After getting resistance form army and losing much of their bases, they have started targetting specific sects hoping that it will turn into sectarian violence. It's another thing that their strategy didn't work. It united Shias and Sunni rather than dividing them.

Sadly, it has EVERYTHING to do with religion. It has to do with religious people running amok. It has to do with people who love their religion more than they love their own lives. To the perpetrators and their enablers and instigators, it is totally about their religion.
That is the main problem ; A sample of the Pakistani pseudo-liberals have this nauseating feeling that the current problems of targeted persecution they face are due to the pent up feelings of hatred against the WoT, while their religion is faultless and in no way are they used as the principal tool for violence, terrorism and hatred.

We have hell of the problem.......thankfully we are not seeing much blasts these days.....but few years ago only....blasts were a routine occurence......

What I meant to say is that violence begets violence......I am not sure but his may not be last such attack.......

dont use such words with me baby .abut religious vigilance and killings in india which done already much much big then shiiat of pakistan but you need to remove the glasses of blind patriotism. yes there is so many moroons in pakistan but we take care of them well sooner or later

There is no animosity between the general public in Pakistan about any shia's.

Shia's are citizen's of Pakistan having equal rights and some special rights in personal law as well.

The problem of terrorism is not related to ethnic religious or social divide.

Terrorists have killed innocent civilians of all ages from little babies to old women

They were all PAKISTANI and cannot be divided into any particular sect or ethnic minority.

Shias get along fine with probably 95% non-shias. I never had any problem with non-shias when I was in Pakistan. Yes, there are some who want blood of shias, no doubting that. But now it's no longer just shias, pretty much any one not like them is fair game as far as they're concerned. A lot of work has been done against these groups but more still needs to be done.

They target everyone irrespective of religion. Pakistan has a history of Shia Sunni violence but when in it comes to taliban, they don't care who they are hitting. They have changed their strategy overtime. After getting resistance form army and losing much of their bases, they have started targetting specific sects hoping that it will turn into sectarian violence. It's another thing that their strategy didn't work. It united Shias and Sunni rather than dividing them.

What I imply is that taliban are using such tools as desperate measures as they can see their end coming.....and though taliban is the main villain now the problem of sectarian violence has a long history and need to addressed in near future on high priority.......

Sadly, it has EVERYTHING to do with religion. It has to do with religious people running amok. It has to do with people who love their religion more than they love their own lives. To the perpetrators and their enablers and instigators, it is totally about their religion.

You didn't get it. I am suggesting that it has less to do with the victim's religion and more to do with the Taliban ideology. Religion has played a factor no doubt but when they kill they don't care that who is getting killed. TTP has attacked everyone irrespective of the victim's religion.

So your point was proven false, hence you make a diversion. Your point was that these attacks will cause a shrinkage in the population of Shias. That was proven false, hence you diverted to something different.

Btw, like I said, I AM SHIA MYSELF. Obviously I don't like to see innocent people dying and that too from my community. But what you said was incorrect. Admit that and move on. Nothing wrong in admitting that you were incorrect.
Read my previous post. What i said is logically true.

Statement 1 : If the trend of Shiite massacres continue, more and more Shias would be killed.
Statement 2 : Current Shia population : 17-26 million.

Modus ponens : If more Shias are killed, then the population would decrease. The unaccounted factor : Birth rate of Shias are higher than the Mortality rate. What figures would you assign them, can be obtained from the Census, and is a matter outside this discussion.

Now if the figures seem negligible enough to be rejected by you, that's your call. Hence no way am i either deceiving and in no way am i incorrect. What your calling should be to move out the ostrich mode, and start accepting reality. Yes, Extremism is taking roots. Yes, i am running out of time and excuses. Yes, i can be a part of reversing this phenomenon. Yes, you can.

What I imply is that taliban are using such tools as desperate measures as they can see their end coming.....and though taliban is the main villain now the problem of sectarian violence has a long history and need to addressed in near future on high priority.......

That you should leave this issue to us as it is our problem. Why you are so concerned?

Last edited:
The problem of terrorism is not related to ethnic religious or social divide.

OK, if terrorism in Pakistan is not related to religion, please explain what is the cause of terrorism in Pakistan. Why does Pakistani society have this activity going on where "all" Pakistanis are being killed in a completely random, non-religion, non-gender, non-ethnic, non-racial, non-ageist, non-classist, non-anything manner? Is it just some rural gang initiation rite?

dont use such words with me baby .abut religious vigilance and killings in india which done already much much big then shiiat of pakistan but you need to remove the glasses of blind patriotism. yes there is so many moroons in pakistan but we take care of them well sooner or later

Apparently as an outsider I at present see the problem in your country in a much bigger scale than that of ours......I may be wrong though....

Read my previous post. What i said is logically true.

Statement 1 : If the trend of Shiite massacres continue, more and more Shias would be killed.
Statement 2 : Current Shia population : 17-26 million.

Modus ponens : If more Shias are killed, then the population would decrease. The unaccounted factor : Birth rate of Shias are higher than the Mortality rate. What figures would you assign them, can be obtained from the Census, and is a matter outside this discussion.

Now if the figures seem negligible enough to be rejected by you, that's your call. Hence no way am i either deceiving and in no way am i incorrect. What your calling should be to move out the ostrich mode, and start accepting reality. Yes, Extremism is taking roots. Yes, i am running out of time and excuses. Yes, i can be a part of reversing this phenomenon. Yes, you can.

The assumption that if people of some community are killed, the population would decrease is a dubious assumption. You have to take into account the number of people getting killed, and the size of the community. The number of shias in Pakistan vs number of shias getting killed means the killings will have zero effect.

Apparently as an outsider I at present see the problem in your country in a much bigger scale than that of ours......I may be wrong though....

yaar its take too long to control such things same india take many many years to overcome.pakistan army security services are working hard to finish it and we are sure one day pakistan with out extremism

OK, if terrorism in Pakistan is not related to religion, please explain what is the cause of terrorism in Pakistan.

Feels like a high school subjective question but i will try my best to elaborate.

Terrorism is caused by people who want to cause terror in order to achieve some objectives these objective could be declared or concealed.

As long as we have Sponsors of Terror (The Money Man) financing these shady activities under what ever cover we will see terrorist activities on ground.

Why does Pakistani society have this activity going on where "all" Pakistanis are being killed in a completely random, non-religion, non-gender, non-ethnic, non-racial, non-ageist, non-classist, non-anything manner? Is it just some rural gang initiation rite?

Dear if we follow the money trail of any of the captured terrorist we will find out why this random pattern of killing and terrorizing a NATION exists.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom