What's new

How Pakistan's Largest Religious Minority Has Come Under Siege

And then we have a shia president. Indeed the case of Shia's under siege. :agree:

its not truth for all damn i visit pakistan and my shiiat friends was same as before .we play joke enjoy good time.only india has pain in stomach
Wow sir, you must have the processing powers of an IBM Blue Gene Cluster and the deciphering powers of Sherlock and Poirot put together. Read the article. Read the author's name. s l o w l y. Now read the source. Do any among them sound Indian to you ? Or you were put off by the flags of the OP ? You might enjoy having a good time now with your Shiite dudes, but spare a thought and a few tears for the guys being blown up mercilessly in attack after attack.

Only Pakistani Shi'ites? What about other Pakistanis? Don't they get killed? All Pakistanis get killed in these attacks be it a Sunni, Shia or Ahmedi. Even Christian and Hindus have died in such bomb blasts. It has nothing to do with religion.

the only nation where Sunni-shia live with peace is india.

And the only 100% patriotic muslim minority in the world are the druze of israel

Pew Center here estimates it at 10-15% of the total Muslim population as Shia and puts the number at 17-26 million (out of an estimated 170 million). And if this alarming trend continues, the percentage could be a decreasing one for the Land of the Pure.

Shias are not the only one who get killed. Percentage of all sects have decreased if you guys are quoting bomb blasts. More Sunnis have died as they are the majority.

Are you kidding me. So 10 shias may get killed in a month, that will have an impact on their percentage? You do know how big a percentage these numbers are out of the total number of shias in Pakistan? They barely register.

Btw I am from a shia family.
So you will read the article, dismiss it into your mental trash-bin, and move until the next 10 or so guys are blown up in another attack, and wonder how miniscule are the figures compared to the total Shiite population, sitting up cushioned in Maple-land, while the Land of the Pure faces such weekly diwalis ? No wonder, lawyers had the gall to shower rose petals on Quadri, while Sherry Rehman lives in fear from such atrocities, because people think that 10 lives of their ilk are not worth the number in the substantial Shia population.

Only Pakistani Shi'ites? What about other Pakistanis? Don't they get killed? All Pakistanis get killed in these attacks be it a Sunni, Shia or Ahmedi. Even Christian and Hindus have died in such bomb blasts. It has nothing to do with religion.

Of course violence does not recognize religions but weren't they targeted at shi'ites.......or do you imply that sectorian violence is not such as an to the extent it is projected in media.......and hence unworthy of discussion......

It has nothing to do with religion.

Sadly, it has EVERYTHING to do with religion. It has to do with religious people running amok. It has to do with people who love their religion more than they love their own lives. To the perpetrators and their enablers and instigators, it is totally about their religion.

So you will read the article, dismiss it into your mental trash-bin, and move until the next 10 or so guys are blown up in another attack, and wonder how miniscule are the figures compared to the total Shiite population, sitting up cushioned in Maple-land, while the Land of the Pure faces such weekly diwalis ? No wonder, lawyers had the gall to shower rose petals on Quadri, while Sherry Rehman lives in fear from such atrocities, because people think that 10 lives of their ilk are not worth the number in the substantial Shia population.

So your point was proven false, hence you make a diversion. Your point was that these attacks will cause a shrinkage in the population of Shias. That was proven false, hence you diverted to something different.

Btw, like I said, I AM SHIA MYSELF. Obviously I don't like to see innocent people dying and that too from my community. But what you said was incorrect. Admit that and move on. Nothing wrong in admitting that you were incorrect.

man there is problems all around world its not mean to use them as a tool. are you sure india has no such problem please dont lie :)

We have hell of the problem.......thankfully we are not seeing much blasts these days.....but few years ago only....blasts were a routine occurence......

What I meant to say is that violence begets violence......I am not sure but his may not be last such attack.......

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom