What's new

How Pakistanis view others but do not get the same respect and dignity

Majority of British Pakistanis are trashy and embarrassing. I remember cussing out some punk *** middle aged wanna be English Pakistani working at Manchester airport because he was giving some dadi ji a hard time about misplacing her passport. PS British people and that includes the wanna be Anglo Pakis have nasty *** teeth. Like, do you guys know what a toothbrush is? Lmao

@Azadkashmir this isn't aimed at you because you a real one G.

i use miswaak and miswaak toothpaste no fluoride. The airpiorts one would be like that they are like the kiss a ss types.

You have to stop wearing your heart on your sleeve. Women pick up on it and feed off it to manipulate you. I got sucked into watching this film at the theater with a lady friend. Worst 1.5 hours I ever spent.

Lol!! I'll make it all better if you ever come to the UK I'll show you the director's cut of Aliens :sniper:

Please do share some of your experience. :-)
Pakistanis mainly from the potwar region centred around Mirpur, Azad Kashmir and rural areas of northern Punjab came in vast numbers to the UK in the 1950s & 1960s due to the construction of the Mangla Dam and the U.K. Opening doors to its common wealth nations to work in the UK. Pakistanis from the effected regions took up the offer and settled in mainly in the northern and midland English towns,mainly to work in the ageing cotton industry. These young men were not educated in secular or Islamic education and came from traditional farming families. As time passed many of these young men started families by marrying women from their traditional villages which initiated the start of the Pakistani diaspora in the UK. As generations went back and forth to their ancestral homes they neglected education and integration building their own vast communities. In th late 1980s and early 1990s a gang mentality started to emerge from amoungst the Brit Pak youth, criminal activity emerged and stories started to emerge of your Pak men sentenced to serve time in jail. This is just a quick overview an not in any great detail. However today the Pak community have made significant contributions to the UK and they have been pioneers in investing in Pakistan, mainly their ancestral towns and villages. Yes, a criminal mindset is still at large which elders choose to ignore such as grooming, drug dealing and gang violence but there is an emerging vibrant population with the youth who are achieving great standerds. Many today own their own businesses, some are teachers, doctors, politicians, engineers etc.

Last edited:
Pakistanis mainly from the potwar region centred around Mirpur, Azad Kashmir and rural areas of northern Punjab came in vast numbers to the UK in the 1950s & 1960s due to the construction of the Mangla Dam and the U.K. Opening doors to its common wealth nations to work in the UK. Pakistanis from the effected regions took up the offer and settled in mainly in the northern and midland English towns,mainly to work in the ageing cotton industry. These young men were not educated in secular or Islamic education and came from traditional farming families. As time passed many of these young men started families by marrying women from their traditional villages which initiated the start of the Pakistani diaspora in the UK. As generations went back and forth to their ancestral homes they neglected education and integration building their own vast communities. In th late 1980s and early 1990s a gang mentality started to emerge from amoungst the Brit Pak youth, criminal activity emerged and stories started to emerge of your Pak men sentenced to serve time in jail. This is just a quick overview an not in any great detail. However today the Pak community have made significant contributions to the UK and they have been pioneers in investing in Pakistan, mainly their ancestral towns and villages. Yes, a criminal mindset is still at large which elders choose to ignore such as grooming, drug dealing and gang violence but there is an emerging vibrant population with the youth who are achieving great standerds. Many today own their own businesses, some are teachers, doctors, politicians, engineers etc.

Thank you very much for detailed post.

Can you please tell me how do Pakistanis represent themselves in Britain? Do they call themselves Pakistanis or Kashmiris or some other group? More importantly, how do Brits view them? Do they consider them one of their own or outsiders, whether new immigrant or 3rd generation? Thanks

Can you please tell me how do Pakistanis represent themselves in Britain? Do they call themselves Pakistanis or Kashmiris or some other group? More importantly, how do Brits view them? Do they consider them one of their own or outsiders, whether new immigrant or 3rd generation? Thanks
Pakistanis in terms of media coverage were a little known ethnic group of 1990s however like almost every Muslim community in Europe webecame demonised by the media after 9/11. Brit Paks refer to themselves as British Pakistani Muslims some as Kashmiri either way when it comes to cricket almost all support Pakistan with an exception of a tiny minority. White Brits have a negative portrayal of Brit Pakistanis due to our own mistakes and unfair portrayal by the biased media.

This problem of isolation, viciouse acts of crime, segregation are not only associated with 3rd generation British Pakistanis, Bangladeshis have also faced similar problems. I would suggest others to look at how the youth of Algerians & Tunisians heritage have faced almost identical challenges in France, Iraqi Kurds in Sweden, Somalis in Norway, Morrocans In Holland, Turks in Germany, Lebonese in Australia. All of these communities wherever they have settled, the new younger generation of immigrant parents have faced poverty, poor levels of education, poor lifestyle choices, deprivation etc. Brit Pakistanis are another victim of mass migration. I would say out of all the south Asian communities in Britain Pakistanis are the ones that have kept strong cultural links with their ancestral homeland.

This problem of isolation, viciouse acts of crime, segregation are not only associated with 3rd generation British Pakistanis, Bangladeshis have also faced similar problems. I would suggest others to look at how the youth of Algerians & Tunisians heritage have faced almost identical challenges in France, Iraqi Kurdrds in Sweden, Somali in Norway, Morrocans In Holland, Turksnin Germany, Lebonese in Australia. All of these communities wherever they have settled the new younger generation have faced poverty, poor levels of education, poor lifestyle choices, deprivation etc. Brit Pakistanis are another victim of mass immigration. I would say out of all the south Asian communities Pakistanis are the ones that have kept strong cultural links with their ancestral homeland.

I think I can understand that. I spent some time in Berlin and Paris during student life and saw it happened first hand especiallywith the Algerians in Paris.

They say it's takes two to tango. Either the migrants don't want to integrate or natives don't appreciate them integrating. In France, they even have a term like Vrai/Faux Francais(real/fake French), which basically means even 3rd generation are not considerd French in their eyes.

Seems like they didn't put efforts for education although education is usually tuition there. Roads/streets were full of migrants but universities had almost negligible presence of them :(

My own opinion, if Pakistanis had migrated from the urban centres of Pakistan in the 1950s such as Karachi, Lahore, Rawalpindi, Peshawar today Brit Paks would have been a much powerful force in Britain similar to the British Indian Hindu/Sikh communities. Remember majority of the 1.5 million Brit Pakistanis originate from rural isolated villages of Kashmir & Punjab where life has almost remained untouched. I have met Pak international students who are amazed and shocked to see how far back Brit Paks are to the urban population of Pakistan. My response is of a typical Pakistani one 'it was written in our fate for us to be born here'.

My own opinion, if Pakistanis had migrated from the urban centres of Pakistan in the 1950s such as Karachi, Lahore, Rawalpindi, Peshawar today Brit Paks would have been a much powerful force in Britain similar to the British Indian Hindu/Sikh communities. Remember majority of the 1.5 million Brit Pakistanis originate from rural isolated villages of Kashmir & Punjab where life has almost remained untouched. I have met Pak international students who are amazed and shocked to see how far back Brit Paks are to the urban population of Pakistan. My response is of a typical Pakistani one 'it was written in our fate for us to be born here'.

Couldn't agree more.

Couldn't agree more.
If you have time search on YouTube for a documentary aired by Al Jazeera called 'once upon a time in punchbowl'. It is a fascinating two part documentry of how the new young generation of Lebonese Australian Muslims have found it difficult to integrate into Australian society. There are so many similarities between the challenges they have faced and what our Brit Pak community are facing. Here is a short clip

Couldn't agree more.
In the UK this is not a problem associated with only Muslims or Pakistanis. Indian Gujurati Muslims also children of immigrants who came to the UK in the 1950s from Gujurat state (Surat & Barooch) have excelled in education. Also the African Indian community who were evicted from Uganda in 1972 by dictator Idi Amin. These two Muslim communities have achieved milestones compared to Pakistanis. Majority of the Masjids in the UK and Islamic schools are owned by the Indian Gujurati Tablighi community.

If you have time search on YouTube for a documentary aired by Al Jazeera called 'once upon a time in punchbowl'. It is a fascinating two part documentry of how the new young generation of Lebonese Australian Muslims have found it difficult to integrate into Australian society. There are so many similarities between the challenges they have faced and what our Brit Pak community are facing. Here is a short clip

I admit, my online research on this topic is pretty limited. I will research on it more.

In the UK this is not a problem associated with only Muslims or Pakistanis. Indian Gujurati Muslims also children of immigrants who came to the UK in the 1950s from Gujurat state (Surat & Barooch) have excelled in education. Also the African Indian community who were evicted from Uganda in 1972 by dictator Idi Amin. These two Muslim communities have achieved milestones compared to Pakistanis. Majority of the Masjids in the UK and Islamic schools are owned by the Indian Gujurati Tablighi community.

I think, Pakistani community in France(mostly Agha Khanis fron north and Lahoris) are doing better. Baloch in Norway are ok too. Pakistani community in Belgium is comparitively much better as far as I know. In Germany, well not so much. So many Afghans are pretending to be Pakistanis too there. But all these communities range from 15K to 50K unlike Britain where it is a million plus. So, perhaps the mass migration is the cause or some bad apples get highlighted too much and give negative image to already struggling community.

I hope it gets better for Pakistanis, in Pakistan and abroad. :-)

I admit, my online research on this topic is pretty limited. I will research on it more.

I think, Pakistani community in France(mostly Agha Khanis fron north and Lahoris) are doing better. Baloch in Norway are ok too. Pakistani community in Belgium is comparitively much better as far as I know. In Germany, well not so much. So many Afghans are pretending to be Pakistanis too there. But all these communities range from 15K to 50K unlike Britain where it is a million plus. So, perhaps the mass migration is the cause or some bad apples get highlighted too much and give negative image to already struggling community.

I hope it gets better for Pakistanis, in Pakistan and abroad. :-)
In recent times due to Brexit, UK leaving European Union has resulted in an upsurge of Pakistanis from Spain and Italy arriving here. Majority of them hail from the city of Gujurat and surrounding villages. I'm not aware of any Balochis however there is a large Pak Punjabi community in Norway and Denmark who are well established and mainly reside in Oslo and Copenhagan. Pakistan and Britian will always share a historic link. Many Muslims from KPK Balochestan Punjab died fighting for Britian in both world wars. Unfortunatly only educated white British citizens know the common 'gora' has no idea.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom