What's new

How Muslims Helped Cause the American Revolution

Also a small historical fact that many dont know : Akbar (the great) ordered the massacre of 30,000 Rajput civilians, many among them women when Chittoregarh fell to the Mughals.

In the Battle of Yarmouk, Khalid ibn Waleed took 40,000 men and defeated the Byzantine Emperor, Heraclius, who had 400,000 soldiers!

When Heraclius interrogated his men, asking how a huge army could lose to just a few men, one of his captains stood up and said:

"They are a people who stand in prayer all night, fast during the day, keep to their covenants, command what is good and forbid what is wrong and they are just amongst themselves. Whereas we drink alcohol, commit illicit sexual behavior, we commit every sin, we break our covenants, we oppress and commit wrong-doings and we call to that which angers God and forbid what pleases Him, spreading corruption in the land."
(Al-Baladhuri, Kitab Futuh al-Buldan (English Translation Ch. X).

Yeah, Ever heard of Talas when 200,000 Muslims struggled with 10,000 Tang China troops

Also a small historical fact that many dont know : Akbar (the great) ordered the massacre of 30,000 Rajput civilians, many among them women when Chittoregarh fell to the Mughals.

Thank god We chinese never experience that type of violence..

Muslims gesture was very Noble.But I strongly disapprove of Modi and his politics.

What Modi said was wrong, AFAIK, it was Sardar Patel who ordered the relocation of the mosque and Somnath be rebuilt there. But if indeed the Muslims did willingly gave the land, then it was indeed a noble gesture, a gesture that could have been followed by those in Ayodhya.

I admit he was some what tolerant in his way.But if you compare him to Ghazni and Ghori you will see a completely different picture.

There is a considerable debate going on between historians as to how MBQ really acted in Sindh ~ whether it was the typical loot, destroy, convert, kill or a relatively tolerant way.

Thank god We chinese never experience that type of violence..

I'm sorry..I think the Mongols were as ruthless on the Chinese as these invaders were on the Indian subcontinent.

Anyway that is a different discussion.

There is a considerable debate going on between historians as to how MBQ really acted in Sindh ~ whether it was the typical loot, destroy, convert, kill or a relatively tolerant way.

He looted a lot killed a lot of people.But at times he also used diplomacy.But I agree there is considerable debate among historians about his methods.

I'm sorry..I think the Mongols were as ruthless on the Chinese as these invaders were on the Indian subcontinent.

Anyway that is a different discussion.

Mongols were always Ruthless.One Classic example is Timur One of the most wretched human being ever walked on this planet.His military campaigns alone caused the deaths of 17 million people, amounting to about 5% of the world population.A feat that can only be rivaled by Hitler.

Muslims caused the American revolution,jews helped in building a modern economy,the chinese led the railways for them,the europeans made the industrial revolution happen,the south-asians worked on meagre wages for the big american corporations and they made the money.
So,who is smarter ?

The reasons for Muslim invasion into the subcontinent were justified by the time period’s rules of warfare. A ship filled with daughters of Muslim traders who were trading in Sri Lanka was attacked by pirates from Sindh (what is now Pakistan) who captured and enslaved the women. Seeking to liberate the women and punish the pirates, an expedition was sent out in 710, led by Muhammad bin Qasim, an Arab from the city of Ta’if..

Source of this is Chachnamah written by Arabs. As already said, conqueror write the history.

Bin Qasim’s military expedition into this distant and remote land was made successful by very important social issues in India. The caste system, which originated from Hindu belief, divided society up into very strictly controlled social classes. Those on top led wealthy, comfortable lives, while those on the bottom (particularly untouchables) were seen as the scourge of society. Added to this were the Buddhists, who were generally oppressed by the Hindu princes throughout the country. With the entrance of Muslim armies, which carried with them the promise of an equal society, many Buddhists and lower castes welcomed the Muslim armies. In fact, the first Muslims of Indian origin were probably from the lower castes, as Islam offered them an escape from the oppressive social system they were accustomed to.

With the conquest of Sindh, Muhammad bin Qasim showed that Islamic law’s protection of religious minorities was not just for Christians and Jews. Buddhists and Hindus in the subcontinent were given religious freedom and were not forced to convert. In one case, a Buddhist community complained to bin Qasim of their fear that the Muslim armies would force Islam upon them and they would have to leave the practices of their ancestors. Bin Qasim held a meeting with the Buddhist and Hindu leaders of the town, and promised them religious freedom and asked them to continue leading their lives as they had previously.

If Sindh was really a Buddhist majority why not even a single Buddhist survived in Sindh, Sindhis are either Hindus or Muslims but never Buddhist. Why don't Sindh have any trace of Buddhist sites(Pagoda) like Gandhara civilization or Afghanistan. It is a fake myth that Hindu Raja Dahir was cruel with Buddhist subjects to legitimize Bin Qasim conquest.

Dude caste system was a bad practice but that was not a enough cause to attract masses towards conversion, because it also never happened in other parts of India. People converting because of many things like Sufi saint or forced conversion, or to evade discriminatory taxes or persecution, or to get opportunities.

He looted a lot killed a lot of people.But at times he also used diplomacy.But I agree there is considerable debate among historians about his methods.

Mongols were always Ruthless.One Classic example is Timur One of the most wretched human being ever walked on this planet.His military campaigns alone caused the deaths of 17 million people, amounting to about 5% of the world population.A feat that can only be rivaled by Hitler.

And he conquered Afghanistan. Afghanistan was under the Mongols for a long time.

Mongols main tactic was using people even Women and Children as a human shield. Soldiers fighting against Mongols felt a lot dilemma to attack their own people used by Mongols as human shield.

Tamerlane was a Turk..not a Mongol. His tribe was originally mongol but was Turkified.

And please dont insult Mongols..I'm a fan of them...:cry:

Mongols....their brutality and killing efficiency are matched only by a few :lol:

Tamerlane was a Turk..not a Mongol. His tribe was originally mongol but was Turkified.

And please dont insult Mongols..I'm a fan of them...:cry:

No he was a Mongol.He belonged to a Mongol tribe that became Turkified or became Turkic-speaking by intermingling with the Turkic peoples.He considered himself the heir of Ghenghis Khan.

Back
Top Bottom